Quantcast

Photo

score sending- how safe is it on your main?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:25 AM

I want to score send a few scores for avatars on my main account- not many, maybe around 2 or 3... with very long times... and then in a couple of months, i'll send 2-3 more scores for more game avvies again.
how safe is this?

#2 SamTheMan

SamTheMan
  • 181 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:32 AM

Very safe. Just don't put ridiculous scores in.

#3 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

Sounds pretty safe, just be VERY careful when you input the scores and double check everything before you send.

I've been SSing the entire Altador Cup on my main and my account's fine. Just have reasonable times and scores and you'll be okay.

#4 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:59 AM

ScoreSending always has a slight risk, since scores can get reviewed. If you don't want to risk your main, just create a shell to test the list first.

Edited by Mai, 01 July 2011 - 10:00 AM.

#5 j0nath0n3

j0nath0n3
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:26 AM

ScoreSending always has a slight risk, since scores can get reviewed. If you don't want to risk your main, just create a shell to test the list first.

Score Sending is VerY risky.

#6 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:30 AM

Score Sending is VerY risky.

That depends on many variables and most of all on the list you created. The topic opener wanted to know if it was safe to scoresend for avatars on his main. So, like I said, test the list first on a shell.

#7 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:38 AM

On some time base games, if it's too long of time, it can also get suspicious. Try AoB if you are just aiming for the game avatars. It covers most of the avatars and the time is more legit. Always test out the games first before SS

#8 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

What's you're doing isn't safe in my book, Assuming you have haven't played those avatar games once yet, getting the avatar (not to mention 2-3 at a time) will suspicious. I really recommend you to at least attempt to make some build-up scores to show that you've been trying over time.

I also advise you to AoB the games with a stop watch on to have a better sense of timing and scoring for the games (You don't need to send score, but I would advocate AoB over scoresending anyday). Compare your data with your score sending information. The closer they are together, the safer you are. But like everyone said, score sending always has a risk (or at least higher than most programs here).

#9 picole

picole
  • 483 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

Look, also do not think it's safe, I even have the desire to have beautiful avatars, but the fear of losing everything

#10 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I used SS to get game avatar on my main before I learnt about AoB. Would suggest using AoB instead, but I think as long as you build up to the score with safe times you should be okay.

So instead of getting 2-3, then wait a couple of months. Take like one week to build up to one avatar score, then wait a while and repeat.

Thats what I did to make sure I had less chances of getting frozen even if I knew the score I was sending is not going to get reviewed. And like others have said, I tested this on side accounts beforehand.

#11 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

I've SSed the entire AC on my main. As far as game avatars go, however, I recommend AoBing. Like Keil mentioned, it doesn't hurt to be paranoid about build-up scores.

#12 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

I don't think super long wait times are suspicious... because a person can just "restart" the game and that won't count as "loading it" right?

#13 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

Scoresending is going to get you frozen. (True 100% of the time? I'd argue yes on a long enough timeline... :p)

But really... if you value your account, I honestly advise against scoresending... I don't think I've personally ever heard of anyone who score sends regularly who hasn't been iced at least once.

YMMV of course. ;)

#14 LemonSundae

LemonSundae
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

If you use SS or AB then your breaking the rules. There is always going to be risk with unfair advantages, so the term "safe" is only relative.

#15 Spie

Spie
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:24 PM

i've done this and survived. haven't gotten iced yet. *knock on wood* i usually do 1 avatar in a month or two months. yes it takes a while but i think it's much safer as long as you put reasonable wait time and score. make sure you don't put it over the review score and you should be 99.99999% safe.

#16 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

i've done this and survived. haven't gotten iced yet. *knock on wood* i usually do 1 avatar in a month or two months. yes it takes a while but i think it's much safer as long as you put reasonable wait time and score. make sure you don't put it over the review score and you should be 99.99999% safe.

That's fine for avatar games that does not need reviewed score... How about Extreme Potato Counter.... the avatar is at 200... and those will obviously be reviewed... anybody tested this out reviewed score on SS?

#17 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:00 AM

If you use SS or AB then your breaking the rules. There is always going to be risk with unfair advantages, so the term "safe" is only relative.

He's right, if you do patiently and slowly climb up your score, it would be safer, but it's only relatively safer as there's a chance that TNT would mindfuck you :)

#18 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:20 AM

It can be safe, as long as you double check that your score is possible and you don't mess up with the game ID or the times. Just be careful, do your research beforehand, and you should be fine. Even if your score gets reviewed, don't freak out. I've SS'd on my main before to get trophies, and one of my scores got reviewed and passed.

#19 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:25 PM

If it's your main we're talking about, you must be careful as possible.
Go the long route and AoB instead, and definitely make sure to build up your scores.
Also try not to get more than one game avatar every couple of days.

#20 doosh

doosh
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

i dont dare to score send on my main. the most ill go is oldschool AoB. :rolleyes:

#21 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:11 PM

its not safe believe me ...

#22 LemonSundae

LemonSundae
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:57 PM

Well...if you guys are worry about being iced maybe you shouldn't SS -.-, or AoB, or even AB altogether lol

Of course we know that's not going to happen so if it was me I would SS through side acc through a proxy

#23 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:13 AM

I heard there are also ppls who got chianed ice eventho they used proxy. Perhaps they got caught in trasnfering nps idk.

There are always risks in everything and sometimes taking calculated risks will be the better choices instead of taking no risk at all.

If I were you, I will test it on a disposable accounts, and if it didnt get iced then only i would be risking it on my main :ninja:

#24 LemonSundae

LemonSundae
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:52 AM

If I were you, I will test it on a disposable accounts, and if it didnt get iced then only i would be risking it on my main :ninja:

Disposable account with different IP address ofc.

#25 MJK

MJK
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

I've never used it just out of fear of getting my account frozen, I've worked way to hard to get iced for something like that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users