• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic

#251 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Oldies only have to remember Casilla to know that post count is bunk.

/thread.

#252 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

/thread.

Was he/she an awesome member or not so much?

#253 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

/thread.

God I love Lindsay. She was never afraid to tell me I'm being an idiot when I needed it.

#254 Narcissa

Narcissa

• 320 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Awww, I feel loved. Wait... you're all a bunch of neonerds. Fffffffff!

I kid, I kid. I'm glad that the majority of you seem to be ok with me. Like I said, some people just don't like what I say sometimes and it's gotten me into hot water in the past. I'm glad I've received (several!) seals of approval now. :p

As to my post count, Tetiel, maybe it's because I try to surmise all of my thoughts into one post when I post? That and my posts are usually pretty long. Posting something that could've been said a post before seems redundant and obnoxious to me. Always has.

I DO plan on hanging around for awhile, even after I reach whatever official way to become advanced. I find most things here amusing, even the drama.

#255 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

Was he/she an awesome member or not so much?

Awesome. Fucking awesome. When she first joined up, I doubt she posted outside of the Debate section more than 1 in 20 posts. It didn't take long for her genius to be appreciated though. In a forum where the average age is around 16, Lindsay stood out. She earned Private, and I mean EARNED it, with less than 500 posts I think. Then she ran like, two or three teams, even starting one (news team I think?) before leaving for greener pastures. I think it was actually law school that sucked her time. Can't remember... I may be confusing her with Kit at this point...

God I love Lindsay. She was never afraid to tell me I'm being an idiot when I needed it.

Yeah... she was good at that :p

Last time I saw her she lamented the state of the debate section (fucking best fast food? ridiculous) before disappearing again.

#256 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

As to my post count, Tetiel, maybe it's because I try to surmise all of my thoughts into one post when I post? That and my posts are usually pretty long. Posting something that could've been said a post before seems redundant and obnoxious to me. Always has.

And I completely agree with you there. It is obnoxious! That's why I don't frequent the debate section much unless it's a fresh debate :p So many 7-8 page long topics...

Either way, it's a good thing and don't change it. You make your posts into interesting reads ^_^

#257 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

Lindsay. :(

edit: steph get on msn.

Edited by Cory, 10 July 2011 - 06:42 PM.

#258 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:23 PM

Not to derail the arguing or anything,
but it would be interesting if post counts were hidden and only viewable by moderators. Maybe it would take the emphasis off of posting for the sake of +1 on your post count.
Eventually, people would still get to 500.

A potentially good idea!

...no wonder it was entirely ignored due to a petty argument between Sweeney and others.

#259 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

A potentially good idea!

...no wonder it was entirely ignored due to a petty argument between Sweeney and others.

It won't prevent people spamming and staring at their membership status checking to see if it says Advanced yet. It also doesn't prevent people from keeping track of approximately how many posts they made.

#260 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

It won't prevent people spamming and staring at their membership status checking to see if it says Advanced yet. It also doesn't prevent people from keeping track of approximately how many posts they made.

It's really not hard to take out a calculator and add +1 to the count and keep track, as well.

#261 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

Lol. Well I did a small-ish interview with PinkPoogleToy back before it became so...commercialized and ad-ridden. (Good friends with Kym, the owner)
To my knowledge, a lot of what went on back in the day doesn't happen anymore especially since the Viacom buy-out.

Were any of you around during the mari_jhane scandal? Or even know what it is? This was, if my memory serves me correctly, late 2000? Maybe 2001...

I'm sure there's quite a few things I could contribute but it's more so reminiscent of 'Old Neopia' than anything. I'm sure you all would get a kick out of seeing the emails legal was sending me telling me I'm "Not a nice Neopian" and they were taking steps to bar me completely from using their website and how I'm lucky there are other websites out there I can use for entertainment and won't complain about. Lol :p

Oh the good ole days. xD -stabs tnt with a rusty fuzzle-

Please, tell me more.

#262 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:16 PM

Please, tell me more.

http://tinyurl.com/5taaqje

Wow. These are like Neopets campfire horror stories.

#263 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

@Narcissa, If you were referring to the arguments you and I have had, than I assure you that you have nothing to worry about. Not a whole lot of people share my opinion on many issues in the world. (Spirituality being one that usually makes me the laughing stock of codex) I don't take offense to disagreement, in fact, I encourage it! Sharing your opinion is the point of a discussion... It's mindless small messages or (like some people who attempt to think it's not spam to have) a wall of text that makes NO sense that are frustrating.

Blahblahblah... You probably weren't even referencing me... but if you were, I just wanted to also echo the sentiment that it doesn't matter what your opinion is, it is how you present it that counts. :) (And you'd definitely have a yes from me, too. :p)

#264 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:53 PM

A potentially good idea!

Because naming me, and not the others, isn't petty at all.
I had, and to some extent still have, considerable problems with the plans outlined in this thread, and fear of upsetting a few egotists isn't going to stop me from making them known.

#265 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:28 AM

A potentially good idea!

No wonder? What exactly are you implying? That it was directly due to Sweeney for ignoring that one post? Ugh. Please, be a really sophisticated troll and not for real.

Also, it's not a good idea. There's no reason to hide post count. Everyone is smarter than that. That's why we ignored it.

#266 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:46 AM

No wonder? What exactly are you implying? That it was directly due to Sweeney for ignoring that one post? Ugh. Please, be a really sophisticated troll and not for real.

Also, it's not a good idea. There's no reason to hide post count. Everyone is smarter than that. That's why we ignored it.

If there is demand for those who cannot see through the post count, I'm sure there is a way for it to be optionally removed. They have introduced a similar mod for deviantart which many people use and praise. I don't see the point as neither pageviews nor post count matters in the longrun, but I digress.

#267 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

I'm sorta liking this 2ppd :) I'm not a spammer or a bot or anything like that, honestly, I suck at forums -.- but LOVE reading them :D

#268 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:38 PM

Actually, I chose an example out of many posts that are buried under Sweeney's inane arguments, with the intention of pointing out the uselessness of his posts.

But I guess I'm a troll.

#269 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

But I guess I'm a troll.

Not necessarily.
It's quite possible that you're actually really stupid.

#270 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:48 PM

Not necessarily.
It's quite possible that you're actually really stupid.

Hurr.

You know, for the longest time I thought you were a troll.

EDIT: forgot to mention I now know you are.

Edited by Bone, 11 July 2011 - 12:50 PM.

#271 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

Recommendation from another advanced member? That's easy as 1 2 here's a few np.

#272 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:57 PM

Hurr.

You know, for the longest time I thought you were a troll.

EDIT: forgot to mention I now know you are.

Yes indeed.
That's why I've held several staff positions, and am currently the highest non-staff rank possible. It's also why I post discussions that frequently generate several pages of civil discussions, create Firefox plugins for the use of site members, and have made several lifetime friendships with site members.

#273 Rambo

Rambo
  • 833 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:00 PM

Yes indeed.
That's why I've held several staff positions, and am currently the highest non-staff rank possible. It's also why I post discussions that frequently generate several pages of civil discussions, create Firefox plugins for the use of site members, and have made several lifetime friendships with site members.

You only surpassed me due to my time being banned and then time away from the site ;) I want that position back!

#274 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

Yes indeed.

You know, your list of accomplishments really intimidate me. I'm going to back down from my position, I don't want to invoke the wrath of a former staff member and holder of the highest non-staff rank possible.

#275 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

You know, your list of accomplishments really intimidate me. I'm going to back down from my position, I don't want to invoke the wrath of a former staff member and holder of the highest non-staff rank possible.

It's not intended as an argument from authority, you fool. It's a categorical disproof of your concept of me as a troll.
Trolls don't get promoted, or assigned responsibility.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users