Photo

Advanced Membership Requirements Changed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
338 replies to this topic

#201 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

actually i would mind, i worked my ass off getting my posts.

My post count is a mark of achievement, whether or not i actually really care about playing neopets at this time.

I don't care if my post count were reduced if i had actually broken any rules that were in place at the time way back then. Obviously i wasn't because as stated so many times before intent of posting does not mean i am spamming so long as the post is actually relevant to the topic, but obviously this topic had already been beaten into the ground so if you want to argue about it just read the older posts.

However i do care if they were to be reduced for an arbitrary reason or random rule change that is implemented afterwards.

LULULULULULULLLZ
Ok then, go ask admin/mod to remove your advance member status. Keep your post count

#202 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

However i do care if they were to be reduced for an arbitrary reason or random rule change that is implemented afterwards.

Ironically, the reason for the rule change is people like you.

#203 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

LULULULULULULLLZ
Ok then, go ask admin/mod to remove your advance member status. Keep your post count

Which obviously makes no sense because that's essentially like saying, we will take away your 10000 kill achievement + item unlocks for [insert video game], but you can still keep the number next to your total kill count, making whatever you did meaningless.

#204 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

actually i would mind, i worked my ass off getting my posts.

My post count is a mark of achievement, whether or not i actually really care about playing neopets at this time.

I don't care if my post count were reduced if i had actually broken any rules that were in place at the time way back then. Obviously i wasn't because as stated so many times before intent of posting does not mean i am spamming so long as the post is actually relevant to the topic, but obviously this topic had already been beaten into the ground so if you want to argue about it just read the older posts.

...You did get reset.. and now you are here because you're scared the new rules will crack down on people like you. LMAO, "worked your ass off getting posts..

I also do not agree that his argument makes a case for himself, since he already acknowledged his mass posting was for the sole purpose of reaching 500 within the space of a few days, and not to contribute anything of value to Codex. As long as he posted something "relevant" (read: basically taking someone else's response and writing in his own words), he was following the rules. His case is not that he's a poor misguided soul whose well-meaning posts were terribly misinterpreted by the community. Simply put, he annoyed a Hell of a lot of people in the process, and now he's scared it'll be held against him. He only fought hard when he realized that stepping on toes would result in his post count being reduced. Now he's wondering if the new system will somehow result in something that he won't like. During the rest of the time, he acted smug and arrogant, due to the fact that he found a loophole through which to crawl, leading him to believe he was untouchable.

Ironically, the reason for the rule change is people like you.

Pretty much.

#205 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

...You did get reset.. and now you are here because you're scared the new rules will crack down on people like you. LMAO, "worked your ass off getting posts..

Pretty much.

wrong, i'm not going to discuss private issues about whether or not i broke any rules on a public topic, but if you have issues with how the rules are written and interpreted then take it up with the admins.

#206 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:21 PM

wrong, i'm not going to discuss private issues about whether or not i broke any rules on a public topic, but if you have issues with how the rules are written and interpreted then take it up with the admins.

We don't care that you technically followed the rules. We are a community who don't respect people for following rules; we respect them for contributing to the forum.

By the transitive property, we don't respect you.

#207 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

We don't care that you technically followed the rules. We are a community who don't respect people for following rules; we respect them for contributing to the forum.

By the transitive property, we don't respect you.

and i can respect that but it does not mean that any of you can go around putting words in my mouth , or making assumptions about my intent for posting unless i specifically state otherwise.

#208 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

Assumption =! deduction.

#209 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

I don't care about the "kinks" I was seriously considering quitting neopets again if not for this previous obligation. To be honest i only wanted to use the program to see if i were still interested in neopets. and i got bored a few days into it.

I am more into rts games than browser games now which i think are quite boring anyway at this point.

So stop making assumptions about me.

Which obviously makes no sense because that's essentially like saying, we will take away your 10000 kill achievement + item unlocks for [insert video game], but you can still keep the number next to your total kill count, making whatever you did meaningless.

:rofl: Frostz you are quite the funny guy. Such contradictions between statements that I have never seen.

#210 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

Assumption =! deduction.

which means that you weren't reading posts by people like Scot who for example seems to think that i am in france for purely vacation purposes, despite the fact that iv'e stated otherwise at least 3-4 times in multiple areas on this forum that i am here for school. among other things

so obviously there is no deduction involved but pure assumption and arbitrary statements by people who do not read.

:rofl: Frostz you are quite the funny guy. Such contradictions between statements that I have never seen.

what does being bored of neopets have anything to do with the time i spent on this forum for a specific goal? i sense logical in-coherency on your part here

Edited by frostz, 09 July 2011 - 01:31 PM.

#211 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:32 PM

I don't autobuy while in another country on a pseudo vacation obviously

Frostz you are quite the funny guy. Such contradictions between statements that I have never seen.

I agree, there is so much of it here.

#212 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

what does being bored of neopets have anything to do with the time i spent on this forum for a specific goal? i sense logical in-coherency on your part here

Okay okay okay.

So you're bored of Neopets and are apparently too busy to even come here because of schooling.

Why do you care so much about your post count here, you really seem to have no use for it anyways.

If you really want to keep the achievement, take a screenshot, print it off, and stick to your wall so you can acknowledge it whenever you walk by it or something.

#213 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

Okay okay okay.

So you're bored of Neopets and are apparently too busy to even come here because of schooling.

Why do you care so much about your post count here, you really seem to have no use for it anyways.

If you really want to keep the achievement, take a screenshot, print it off, and stick to your wall so you can acknowledge it whenever you walk by it or something.

Come back here? i am here, ive been posting a few times every few days.

I care, because i invested over 100 hours here, and i am sure you would get pretty pissed off if for example someone just came along and stole a vase you owned that you no longer used, but nevertheless spent a long time trying to get.

Edited by frostz, 09 July 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#214 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:44 PM

I care, because i invested over 100 hours here, and i am sure you would get pretty pissed off if someone just came along and stole a vase you owned that you no longer used, but nevertheless spent a long time trying to get.

Although it's purely metaphorical what you just said, but I don't even like Vases.

Though, it depends, do I even use the Vase anymore? Is it even a good looking vase? Does it have any real value on any market? Is there anything even IN the Vase?

Also, what was better, the journey, or the destination, because with myself, I have more fun doing something than having more fun with the reward itself, so meh.

#215 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

This is beginning to get tedious, don't get too off topic and make me have to clean this thread up...

We all know frostz is an idiot, you don't need to continue to discuss that.

#216 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'd like to point out that working out a plan to breach security to get into the store and get to the vase, then carrying out the said plan and walking out happily with the vase is not the same as working tirelessly at some job, earning money, and then buying the vase.

Edited by Ladida, 09 July 2011 - 01:59 PM.

#217 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

I'd like to point out that working out a plan to breach security to get into the store and get to the vase, then carrying out the said plan and walking out happily with the vase is not the same as working tirelessly at some job, earning money, and then buying the vase.

That's a poor analogy.

The people who pay are doing more to keep the site up and running than the people who post. The activity is awesome but without it the site would persist. Without the money however the site would disappear.

#218 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

That's a poor analogy.

The people who pay are doing more to keep the site up and running than the people who post. The activity is awesome but without it the site would persist. Without the money however the site would disappear.

frostz hasn't paid money. He's still got to make good on that offer.

The people who pay have nothing to do with my analogy at all :/

#219 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

frostz hasn't paid money. He's still got to make good on that offer.

The people who pay have nothing to do with my analogy at all :/

My apologies if I mis interpreted what you were trying to say.

#220 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Honestly haven't seen a paying member do anything bad so far.
Except a few of them come and create threads like HOW DO USE ABROSIA

#221 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

That's because you don't see too many paying members that actually stick around to mingle.

#222 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:29 PM

That's just very bad grammar... They usually just keep using the program since they don't need to spam

#223 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

While I'm sure plenty of people will have a response to my comments, this is coming from someone who has been a member of Neopets since 1999, ex-volunteer monitor, ran/worked for multiple fan sites, yadda yadda. Granted I don't have many posts and haven't been a member for terribly long, I'm not that big of a moron. :p

I've never been a fan of post requirements for forum sites such as this. While I understand the need and point behind the requirements, afterall aside from the programs this website is built solely around the aspect of the forum.
There tends to be a very, for lack of a better term, high-and-mighty / holier-than-thou attitude among the people who are most known or have been here for quite some time. So much so, that it's very off putting to new comers. I've never been one to back down from an argument or not call people out on their ignorance or hypocritical behavior, I've enjoyed Neopets since I was 14, been all over the map but for some reason becoming 'involved' in this forum seems almost impossible for me. Hell, I've been an outspoken critic of Neopets for years, so much so that their legal team felt the need to email me that they were barring me from their website completely. LOL

The attitude that some people have is just so ugly, it's to the point where I don't even want to attempt to get involved in discussions because I'm sure anything I have to contribute would be disputed, someone would feel the need to verbally attack me, call me an idiot, etc etc.
Sure, I might not be a programmer or know anything about programming and what have you but I'm not an idiot but for some reason, this community intimidates me. Which is a feat within itself, let me tell you. Lol Hell, I can stand up in front of a room full of religious zealots and argue for equality but you people tend to just make me second guess myself. (especially strange because I tend to be a bit of an elitist when it comes to neopets...SHOCKING I KNOW) I feel if I actually contributed to discussions, because I may have 'stupid questions' sometimes, that it would simply lead to arguments and belittling and honestly, if I wanted to deal with that I'd walk outside. I come online to enjoy myself and I just don't feel the atmosphere here is very welcoming to new comers or people who may not know everything about these programs or how they work.

I think that could easily be a partial reason as to why you don't see paying members stick around to mingle. It's a large reason why I don't. Just wanted to give a bit of insight :p Lol

Edited by Thefuzio, 09 July 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#224 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

While I'm sure plenty of people will have a response to my comments, this is coming from someone who has been a member of Neopets since 1999, ex-volunteer monitor, ran/worked for multiple fan sites, yadda yadda. Granted I don't have many posts and haven't been a member for terribly long, I'm not that big of a moron. :p

I've never been a fan of post requirements for forum sites such as this. While I understand the need and point behind the requirements, afterall aside from the programs this website is built solely around the aspect of the forum.
There tends to be a very, for lack of a better term, high-and-mighty / holier-than-thou attitude among the people who are most known or have been here for quite some time. So much so, that it's very off putting to new comers. I've never been one to back down from an argument or not call people out on their ignorance or hypocritical behavior, I've enjoyed Neopets since I was 14, been all over the map but for some reason becoming 'involved' in this forum seems almost impossible for me. Hell, I've been an outspoken critic of Neopets for years, so much so that their legal team felt the need to email me that they were barring me from their website completely. LOL

The attitude that some people have is just so ugly, it's to the point where I don't even want to attempt to get involved in discussions because I'm sure anything I have to contribute would be disputed, someone would feel the need to verbally attack me, call me an idiot, etc etc.
Sure, I might not be a programmer or know anything about programming and what have you but I'm not an idiot but for some reason, this community intimidates me. Which is a feat within itself, let me tell you. Lol Hell, I can stand up in front of a room full of religious zealots and argue for equality but you people tend to just make me second guess myself. (especially strange because I tend to be a bit of an elitist when it comes to neopets...SHOCKING I KNOW) I feel if I actually contributed to discussions, because I may have 'stupid questions' sometimes, that it would simply lead to arguments and belittling and honestly, if I wanted to deal with that I'd walk outside. I come online to enjoy myself and I just don't feel the atmosphere here is very welcoming to new comers or people who may not know everything about these programs or how they work.

I think that could easily be a partial reason as to why you don't see paying members stick around to mingle. It's a large reason why I don't. Just wanted to give a bit of insight :p Lol

Stay here long enough and you'll get tired of answering the same questions over and over and even linking people to the stickied thread in the exact section they posted.

#225 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:01 PM

Stay here long enough and you'll get tired of answering the same questions over and over and even linking people to the stickied thread in the exact section they posted.

It all depends on their attitude when they ask for help, of course it's always wiser for the person to look and read prior to asking, but at least if they're nice about it when they need the help it isn't so hard to want to help them.

I have rather flawed thinking, though, but it does pay to be nice once in a while.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users