Neo under attack possibly?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

Hello guys.

For those who are Internet savvy, majority of Leopets users have been frozen today.
I think OldNeo got hit too.
And more non-Neo fansite users have been iced too.

I really wonder if Neo has been hacked.

It's pretty bad.
Instant freezings every few minutes it seems, according to what my friends are saying.

Has anyone noticed anything different on Neo?
I've logged out on my accounts there, just to be safe.

Discuss.

"Gathering from my close friends (who are game cheaters), there is anonymous hacker within Neopets.xP Instead of attacking the usual people (rich bders), they are attacking pcers using S-something- injection.x.x Mhm... It's 2010 all over again."

i asked what an injection is (i have no idea fff) and was told, "Injections manipulate database information with a program, basically. "

From a friend of mine.
I think we can indeed confirm that there is a hacker on the loose.

Edited by Runic, 08 July 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#2 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:21 PM

Hmmm well there was some crazy guy on the PC the otherday ranting about a huge cookie grabber outbreak. No one really took him seriously though.

#3 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

I heard about that, I think. It was about a UC Plushie or something, right?

#4 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:24 PM

What they most likely mean is "SQL Injection" which besides social engineering, it probably the most popular form of attack. This is how I would hack Neopets if I choose to.

I highly doubt that they are SQL hacking just to freeze people. This sounds like a scare, and I see no evidence at all supporting it.

#5 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

Thank you very much for the explanation!
I don't have much evidence myself. I'm just relaying info. |D
I don't know if there's any notice on Neo about this. I'm not taking chances and am just staying off there. o.o;

#6 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:55 PM

scared now...been trying to save save up for some avvies. dont wanna get iced :(

#7 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

Well, I took down all my trades just in case someone is using that to decide whom to hack :p though I really know not a lot about this.

#8 Jeb

Jeb
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

If your that worried, I would just suggest laying low and staying off the boards for a while. I don't think there is a need to stay off the site completely,

#9 Pawn

Pawn
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

If your that worried, I would just suggest laying low and staying off the boards for a while. I don't think there is a need to stay off the site completely,

Rofl, I go on the boards only around 12am nst to see what people are saying about to results of the previous days AC match.

#10 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:07 PM

Erg, scary stuff. I put my RN pet on my side just in case.

#11 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:22 PM

Hmm... I have noticed that rich and (in?)famous TCers such as nathan_yeo and rese11er have been frozen.
But that could possibly because they are just shady resellers?

Umm... I'd think it more likely that TNT is going to town on a freezing spree again.

#12 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

It more-so sounds like those other websites were hacked as you say and whoever it was used the usernames and passwords to sign on to those accounts on Neo and either got them frozen/took shit/both who cares. Pro tip: don't use your same username and pass for other sites

Anyway, sounds like a big scare to me. There have never been "freezing sprees" or "mass" freezings, and even if there were, there isn't shit you can do about it. They can freeze you if they damn well please, whether you are on the site or not. Stop being so paranoid. O_o

#13 doosh

doosh
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:45 PM

Hmm... I have noticed that rich and (in?)famous TCers such as nathan_yeo and rese11er have been frozen.
But that could possibly because they are just shady resellers?

Umm... I'd think it more likely that TNT is going to town on a freezing spree again.

ive seen them being "frozen" a few days back, but since then they have gotten back their accounts.

#14 Badger

Badger
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

ive seen them being "frozen" a few days back, but since then they have gotten back their accounts.

Nope, I saw the boards on the TC for those two this morning, and they're still iced.

#15 doosh

doosh
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:53 PM

Nope, I saw the boards on the TC for those two this morning, and they're still iced.

re-forzen?! gosh. nathan was on the TC last night.

#16 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:55 PM

First last space launch, then Codex's biggest party, now this. My birthdays are always full of memories. :sarcasm:

#17 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:56 PM

*Goes to huggle account*

I wonder how many of those rich resellers and BD'ers are a part of cheating communities.

Edited by Claws, 08 July 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#18 doosh

doosh
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:57 PM

First last space launch, then Codex's biggest party, now this. My birthdays are always full of memories. :sarcasm:

happy birthday! :p

#19 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

First last space launch, then Codex's biggest party, now this. My birthdays are always full of memories

---

XD happy bday

#20 LemonSundae

LemonSundae
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:51 PM

Don't worry, NASA's sold some private rights to companies who wants to space launch to the ISS like the space bubble hotel. So they should still be private space launches.

#21 Pigeon

Pigeon
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

-headdesk- I still don't know why my main/sides are frozen, yet a few of my AB'ing accounts are FINE :angry:
None of my main or other accounts are linked to each other at all, either :/

I hope everything turns out okay. ;_;

I take it you play/played Leo as well? I was lurking on the boards there and I think I read that quote too haha

And happy birthday! :p

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

It's probably more likely that one/some of those other pet sites were compromised and their databases were stolen meaning that anybody who used the same details on Neopets could have their account stolen. Always use completely different details on each site you register on (including different email addresses and passwords).

#23 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

I wonder how many of those rich resellers and BD'ers are a part of cheating communities.

100%

You don't become rich by playing Kass basher

#24 Mai

Mai
  • 96 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

It's probably more likely that one/some of those other pet sites were compromised and their databases were stolen meaning that anybody who used the same details on Neopets could have their account stolen. Always use completely different details on each site you register on (including different email addresses and passwords).

I agree. This is the most common problem. A normal site database is copied, the hackers try the same stuff on other sites and take control of all your accounts. About the cheating sites, never use the same email. You can never know when Neopets can find out.

You don't become rich by playing Kass basher.

That depends. If you play many games and save money you could get rich. I just can't imagine anyone having the patience.

Edited by Mai, 09 July 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#25 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

100%

You don't become rich by playing Kass basher

----

Bahahahaha most of them i say to them how do u get so fast money they say i play kass basher everyday .. 3k from it xD

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users