• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 10:01 AM

Let's do it the TNT way.

Something had happen:

A friendly blumaroo pass by and said: ALWAYS USE A MIDDLEMEN.
NEVER TRADE WITH ANYONE WITHOUT A MIDDLEMEN OR FULL COLLAT NO MATTER HOW TRUSTED HE CLAIMED TO BE.
NOW REPEAT WITH ME, "I WOULD NEVER TRADE WITH ANYONE WITHOUT A MIDDLEMAN" X3

Stickies this in the trading post and make it as big/obvious/annoying it can be.

Hopefully it would help people get more cautious/skeptical?

i think this should be displayed on every single TP thread + add it in all private messages

#77 Hamster

Hamster
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

So did this idea pass? Because I am no longer able to see the TP forum, which sucks because that's really the only reason I joined the site.

#78 nishant

nishant
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

I don't think my opinion would mean much especially since I'm relatively unknown, but to be perfectly honest - I think putting up a minimum 100 posts sort of thing encourages people to post more clutter. I'm more of a 'ghost member'. I do not really speak/post unless I feel like there's something I want to speak/post about. But I see the value of having the 'Minimum of 100 posts' criterion. It'd certainly deter scammers a lot more. Having said that, if a thief wants to steal something, he'll find a way to do it (one way or another).

Just my 2 cents!

Hope everyone's doing well.

Cheers!

#79 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

I'm typing this because I'm bored.

I am a trader above anything else on this forum. If you hypothetically look at my private messages, almost all of them are business related. I know how to spot a possible scammer and know how to prevent it by being skeptical and by asking a middleman because it is necessary. I also admit that a lot of people don't share the same trade-smarts as I do. But I really believe that imposing a post count (even if you consider 100 posts to be light requirement) wouldn't change the scams occuring. As previously mentioned there can be more senior members of NeoCodex who builds up trust to scam later and junior members who spam to reach that post count just to scam when they reach it.

I really like the idea of having 25 posts to be able to have access to the trading post. It gives people at least a taste of what this forum is without hindering the trading activity in the forum. It also doesn't completely block off potential sellers that the buyers in the forums demand. I know for a fact that NC card sellers are currently at a low and from experience, all NC card sellers I've traded with in this forum are people with low post counts and/or only have 3 or 4 trader scores. I'd rather not spend real money on NC just because I can't find a seller here.

I eloquently propose that if possible, have a javascript/flash contract pop up when you enter the trading post for the very first time. It states specific information about the trading post (mostly from the only stickied thread) that all traders much know such as if "I don't use a middleman and then I get scammed, I will not get butt hurt because I took the risk". They must check the box before having actual access to the forum. If they don't read over the contract, they truly deserve to be scammed.

#80 Chocorawrr

Chocorawrr
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

I've already used the TP for 3 purchases, and I'm not a month old here yet and have not even close to 100 posts.

It's a bit unfair to take something away from someone else just because there are some scammers. Just my opinion, I'll support whatever decision is made, though.

#81 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

"I don't use a middleman and then I get scammed, I will not get butt hurt because I took the risk". They must check the box before having actual access to the forum. If they don't read over the contract, they truly deserve to be scammed.

I agree with this

You need to click something like a Disclaimer that babysit warn people of the potential risks.

Edited by InFeeD, 25 July 2011 - 11:51 AM.

#82 Neocucks

Neocucks
  • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

Great idea. I just think 100 posts is a lot.

I can't afford a membership and there's no way I'd try to vomit out 100 senseless posts just to get access to the trading section. I've had about 20m worth of successful transactions here, after only joining two weeks ago. The advanced/older members here wouldn't have gotten those accounts/pets if the posting requirements were so strict as to keep legitimate players out. 100 is way too much; I think 20-25 is a good enough deterrent to keep scammers out. It's a lot of work to write 25 coherent posts, so all you'd need to do is discount any posts below a 100 character limit. That way there wouldn't be bullshit spammy, "lolz yah" posts all over.

Edited by splatzilla, 25 July 2011 - 04:02 PM.

#83 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:43 PM

I think 100 posts is a bit excessive but I do believe that having some sort of post requirement (25? 50?) is a good idea since it kinda forces new members to get to know what codex really has to offer and who is generally trusted and who isn't. It really doesn't take all that much to hit 25 posts either so I dont think there would be a lot of spamming either.

#84 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

When I first joined here I thought trading post, awesome. I think a really big part of neopets cheating sites like these is having a trading post, otherwise it's kinda just another forum. It helps to attract and keep members onsite. Also, I agree with Keil.

Edited by Neoquest, 25 July 2011 - 05:58 PM.

#85 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:39 PM

Having a low post count and no trader score is already a deterrent to a trade, and a suggestion that the person is a possible scammer.
You don't need to hide the TP. Especially since that is part of what attracts people to join this forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users