17 replies to this topic

#1 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Hi guys I need some advice

this is my stat am i have touched nothing but LAB

Level :14-20 ( thanks to lab )
Health:290- 310 Strength:ULTIMATE (160-180)Defence:EXCELLENT (30-50)Move:AWESOME (50-70

From this point onward what is the first most important thing i should do.

Q1. Should I invest in Gear first and then train my pet or the other way around ?

Q.2 I have currently 1 item which is a 100% freezer once per battle Now which item type should i invest in Next and name it please.

Q3. How important is leveling up do i nee to after 50 or is it useless.

Q4.What is importance of Defense does it even work

Q.5 which stats should i go train for fist based upon my current build

Edited by nugget111, 24 July 2011 - 01:07 PM.

#2 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:57 AM

First of all, it depends on if you are planning to do 1P or 2P battles to decide some of the steps.

#3 Guest_prizeraker_*

Guest_prizeraker_*

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

Well I know level 50 is a must- you need beserk

#4 SamTheMan

SamTheMan
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

Q1. Invest in codestones. Get to level 50 at least, if you're satisfied with your str/def.

Q.2 Go for a honey potion or hanso charm. Those are musts imo.

Q3. You don't need to level up after 50 unless you want to train your other stats.

Q4. Yes and it gives you boosts. Google Neopets Str/Def boosts for more info.

Q.5 Level, level, level.

#5 semore

semore
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:25 AM

Q1- I'd say yes get some gear, what's the point in having a BD pet and not being able to have fun BDing. Go to the BD chat and tell them your budget and ask them what kind of set you should create with that budget. Let them know if you want a 1P set, a 2P set, or both. They will be very helpful.

Q2- Decide this after you've completed my answer to Q1

Q3- Leveling up is only important after level 50 if you want to keep training with codestones. If you do, then yes, keep leveling up. If you want to increase your stats with neggs, then no, do not train your levels anymore.

Q4- Yes defence works, why would you think it doesn't? The reason some people don't focus on defence is because there are shields that exist that can block most, if not all of specific icon types. So why train the defence if you're already blocking most icons anyway. So if you can't afford these shields, or want to make a different kind of set then yes train defence. Personally, I say train defence anyway, it can't hurt.

Q5- Level to 50, so you can berserk

Edited by semore, 19 July 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#6 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:47 AM

Any ideas on what a reasonable budget woud be? I have about 6 mil right now but I'm not sure if I should save up a lot more. I know hardcore BDers have sets that are over a bil but I'm just looking for something that would be good enough to get me the BD avvies.

#7 semore

semore
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:50 AM

Most BD avvies are highly attainable with sub par pets, just go to the BD chat, they will help you any question you can possibly have and you will probably be surprised with some of the incredibly in depth cheap set strategies they can provide for 1p opponents.

#8 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

Thats a really good call! I'm always so scared to ask questions in the BD chat since I know close to nothing about the BD. I guess I'll start asking around and maybe won't have to bust my bank account to get these avvies :p Thanks!

#9 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Q1. Should I invest in Gear first and then train my pet or the other way around ?

Train first set a criteria, than invest in items.

The inflation and deflation of codestones are unpredictable, therefore most people would buy in bulk once to avoid change to pricing. This may come as a hindrance if there is a steady decline in price, but the net lose is usually 2-5% of your total purchase. On the up note, you may experience an increase in price. New items are always being released, replaced and offset core items. This ultimately leads to a deflation of item worth and potential. What most players do is train pets to a suitable position of 500-900+ hst before investing in items. Since HST boast is added to the core icons. I see no reason for you to use basic items such as scarabs + str bonus, it'll do similar dmg to those without a boast near 200+ but with more expensive items. Beside there is no pending war to look forward too as of late, so training would be ideal.

Q.2 I have currently 1 item which is a 100% freezer once per battle Now which item type should i invest in Next and name it please.

This all depends on your current Wep set and pet hst( hp 300+ - str 160+). Well since your on this website, the fear of not having enough neopoints becomes a thought of the past with every new " PING you hear". Given that the average person could make 1.5m per 2-3 weeks using " assistance/aid" Seeing how you are in a rush, and seem to have spare points the next items would be core consistent items such as SoS, cutlass or one of those new shiny swords with the same potential as the SoS. Once you have something consistence, you work on your burst dmg such as g-bomb. Now of course all items are upto you seeing how it can conflict with 1p or 2p matches. If you are going to attempt to do clan/guide wars, you must set up your set with items which offset your opponent.

Q3. How important is leveling up do i nee to after 50 or is it useless.

Once at 50 you get berserk, if i recall does the extra 100%(core)+ 50%( subjected too with berserk) but inflicts(exposed to) ( +50% given the multiplier are similar) damage. So berserk isn't really a necessity, however makes life a lot easier killing war minions with lower base hp. During battles with other players, it's nice to have lurking around for you to initiate with. However it can also do more harm to you than any good. If anything get level 50, just for this additional icon.

Q4.What is importance of Defense does it even work

Defense for some is like agility, why use it when you can just do a couple of burst hits than combine those hits with skill elements such as burrow and sink. Also tank builds are being used consistently, due to high labray users. High hp and the capped 600str makes it easy to constantly attack without defending.
However, this conception usually applies for those who wish to ease out minion waves from wars or get neodefender trophies and even those with stellar bd sets.
But since your in the lower tier quartile and obviously interested in the battledome. This aspect is regarded extremely important, due to its long ability for future uses in 2p match offs. To tired to write about this, but it should be basically common sense. Higher defense, block more gosh darn icons.

Q.5 which stats should i go train for fist based upon my current build

There are a variety of builds most can go for.

Tank build
Hybrid Build
High Tier ( inexpensive items)
Low Tier ( Expensive items)

or the famed

I AM RICH Build

For you i would suggest the tank build, work on your levels stop labbing. Once you are on par with your hp/str. Continue training both aspects, defense at this point is a lost cause. It'll cost the same as every hp or str increment now that you haven't raised it to its other attribute counter parts. It'll consume up alot of time also that could be used for stats which are 100-200+ above of it.

Sincerely

Mr.Odd

#10 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Any ideas on what a reasonable budget woud be? I have about 6 mil right now but I'm not sure if I should save up a lot more. I know hardcore BDers have sets that are over a bil but I'm just looking for something that would be good enough to get me the BD avvies.

For competitive BD, 50M is enugh.

But if you just want a powerful neopet for getting avatars and completing plots, I'd recomend you investing on your neopet (buy stat incresers like B-Fungi/ASP's) and just saving for a nice healer and a freezer (lenny/kacheek are good options).
You can do more getting two boosts and fighting with a 12 iconner than staying at the same Boost fighting with 18 iconners.

#11 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:05 PM

Q1. Can't you do both?

Q.2 Depends on what you have now and your budget. I say Hanso Charisma Charm if you dont have it already or a bomb

Q3. If you only labbing then, 50 is all you need. Though, having a balanced bd pet is preferred

Q4. Defense is important in 2p but also helpful in 1p

Q.5 Level

#12 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Oho, and edit your OP, because even someone lik me could track your neopet and find out your account :ninja:

#13 nugget111

nugget111
  • 113 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

Thanks for the advice guys
Well lets say I wish to train for 1 player BD and i have a freezer already so what is the next.

and if i train via neggs etc... i should stop lab rite..?

#14 semore

semore
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:10 PM

Yea you may want to edit your first post to something like:

HP- 290-310
STR- 150-170
DEF- 30-40

ect ect, not exact numbers :p

#15 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

no, just the opposite. Labbing is additional. But you could stop training with codestones.

Some people say your neopet's level culd be reset with the lab, and others say it won't happen once your neopet is level20 or higher (So far my lab rat level hasn't been lowered to 1).

IMO, only stop labbing once you get an awsome color/specie.

#16 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Oho, and edit your OP, because even someone lik me could track your neopet and find out your account :ninja:

*cough* I already tracked it already. It was too easy and obvious.

Thanks for the advice guys
Well lets say I wish to train for 1 player BD and i have a freezer already so what is the next.

Get your level pass 20 first. I heard passing level 20 the lab won't bring you back to level 1 again. You should stop lab for now and train level and use armoured negg for defense

#17 Neocucks

Neocucks
  • 19 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

It depends where you want to take your pet. If you ever decide that you want to hit the maximum STR and DEF boosts and have crazy HP, you first need to train to a sufficient level. For 1P Battledome success, the path is as follows:

-Train level using Terror Trove Scratchcards and Codestones/Dubloons when necessary until you can continue training your other stats.
-Train strength until you cannot continue to train it.
-Train defence until you cannot continue to train it. (These are due to level requirements of the schools, btw.)
-Train endurance until you cannot continue to train it.
-Repeat.

Avoid using the Lab Ray until you are level 51 or higher. If you get extremely bad luck, you can be zapped back to level 1, making it very frustrating to continue your training.

If you can afford it, you can substitute training Defence entirely with Armoured Neggs. Just leave your pet at Hunger: dying, feed it one A-Negg, then wait about two hours. It will go from Hunger: starving, back to Hunger: dying. This is the fastest way to train Defence, and will keep pace with even the most intense Strength training regime.

Try doing K-Quests as well. If the cost of a single K-Quest is below the cost of training 1 stat at your respective school, it's typically worth doing. He gives out UBs and 50k+ items occasionally. (This is a rumor, but it's been pretty consistent for me: The faster you complete his quest, the higher NP value item you will get if you do not get stats.)

I am under-experienced in 2P training. My only advice is to just look at max league builds and plan your training funds in advance so you can leap-frog between 2P wars.

Edited by splatzilla, 22 July 2011 - 03:49 AM.

#18 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:01 AM

You might want to take out the link to your pet ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users