Friends with Benefits

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

I'd way rather have the cuddling and talking without sex if the alternative was sex and no talking. I'm such a woman

FWB is not for you.

FWB never really works out the way anyone wants it to... One usually gains emotions for the other... someone ends up hurt or things become awkward. (Or so I've observed....) Occasionally, a relationship ends up being forged.

FWB is a great concept but just doesn't work well in practice.

To answer your question from a personal stance, the only time I ever had a FWB it was just my current fiancée at a point in which we weren't ready to commit to a relationship, but still wanted to have sex.

As always, YMMV. :p

#27 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

I only know of one person (personally) who's had a FWB, and they ended up dating. Didn't work out, but that's not really due to the fact that were FWB's first.

IT didn't work on Sex and the City!

#28 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 11:42 PM

Had one, have them still. I don't consider sex an expression of love unless I am in love with the person with whom I am having sex. You know?

That said, my boyfriend lives in Louisiana and I live in Wisconsin, so we decided beforehand that it was easier to just say that sort of thing didn't bother either one of us. Why worry about it? At least we can have fun if the opportunity presents itself.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 08 October 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#29 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:53 PM

Had it, loved it, would do it again.

Sometimes you just want to have sex, even as a woman. That doesn't make you a whore, unless you act whorish about it.

I think that my ability to control my feelings and my pragmatic nature makes it a more feasible option for me than for most women. And many men, for that matter.

#30 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

Well I've been single for NINE months so clearly should take what can get since I am nothing when not in a relationship
Also I' m ugly

shadap!

#31 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

It's a lot safer than hooking up with different strangers nightly

#32 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:24 PM

shadap!

I hope everyone knows I'm kidding xD I've been single most of my life and while I do think I'm more of a relationshipy-person, I will not settle for just "any relationship" like my whore friend who... well nvm :p

#33 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

I would probably never conceivably agree to this kind of a "relationship", which puts me in the vast minority of gay men. I don't get sex without strings, it makes very little sense to me.

I'd way rather have the cuddling and talking without sex if the alternative was sex and no talking. I'm such a woman

I am the same way. I am perfectly capable of having nonsexual romantic relationships, but I don't think I could do a nonromantic sexual one.

Edited by Fuu, 09 October 2011 - 08:55 PM.

#34 gogetta

gogetta
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:07 PM

-Have you had one? I've had two.

-When did it end? Both started and ended in 2006.

-Do you still have one? I'm married now, so no.

-Why did it end? First one ended 'cause I found out he had a girlfriend. While I didn't care to have an actual relationship with this guy, I couldn't continue whatever we did have knowing he had a girlfriend. Second happened with a guy who I dated back in middle school. Lost touch for five years or so, found each other on myspace and started talking. Went on from there. Ended cause his cheating ex-gf wanted to try to work things out and he wanted to give it another shot.

-Would you ever want one? Another one at this point in my life if I were single? Eh, could work. I sure as hell wouldn't have to worry about anyone but myself. Lol

#35 Sammiantha

Sammiantha
  • 498 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:17 PM

I've only ever had one, and it lasted about a year and a half. I went into it thinking I could do it without getting attached however after a couple of months found myself doing exactly that. I withdrew a little, told him that it perhaps wasn't a good idea, which then made him more interested. Started it up again and it carried on like that until I finally had enough and ended it.

I don't think either of us was particularly good at it, we both wanted to turn it into a relationship but didn't want to loose face in front of the other. Guess it was doomed from the start really! We're still friends on FB and say hi if we see each other out but for a while it was a bit messy.

Wouldn't have one again, not really worth the hassle and it stressed to me how much I did want a relationship and not just a casual thing. Must have worked as I'm now engaged :)

#36 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

Nope, I want to have it with someone that I deeply care about. Don't ask me where I got that idea from, I just think it would be nicer and more meaningful.

If you argue that more experience is better as far as your future SO is concerned, I think the right person won't mind learning along with you, or showing the ropes if they're more experienced. Plus the person you want to be with for a long-term relationship would probably appreciate you not having slept around with 52345234 people.

#37 Thepeopleschampion

Thepeopleschampion
  • 265 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:31 AM

haha i watched FWB and it was a great movie and i actually did have a friend like that but there was no sex we just practiced making out and i dont see a women not developing feelings during sex i just do see that happening IMO but hell yea it would be nice if it could happen...sex would be like going for a walk just an activity....a fun one :p

#38 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:19 PM

Isn't it something like 97% of people over 25 that are virgins play neopets or wow?

Plus the person you want to be with for a long-term relationship would probably appreciate you not having slept around with 52345234 people.

Why would you tell them the truth? You don't get that much tail by being honest.

Edited by supertrap, 12 October 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#39 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:44 AM

Before I moved up to live with my long distance boyfriend of 7 years I had a FWB/psuedo local boyfriend off and on for four years. Mike didn't really mind just as long as I was honest with him and not keeping anything secret from him. I guess our views on our relationship were odd, since most people would be appalled. For the longest time I felt like I had to choose and wish I could split myself up to make everyone happy, but I am really glad with my choice, and besides I am as far away from my abusive mom as possible, which is great. We will be getting married in the next couple of months. :)

My FWB found someone shortly after I moved. She is crazy controlling when it comes to my FWB talking to females, so we've have to converse on created alts, but other than the controlling part they are doing great and that makes me happy for him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users