Photo

Location of Forum Rules, Advancement, ETC

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 chicityballa

chicityballa
  • 209 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

I have a quick suggestion. Maybe this only goes for me, but when I first joined the forum it took me a while to find the thread/topic with the board rules and the other topics regarding membership and stuff, and this was because I was looking in the wrong area. Again, I may be the only one, but I found it odd that none of these topics were in the "Announcement/Notices" section but rather in the Board Guides section in the Tech and Help Area part of the forum. I think it would be well served if perhaps these topics were also put in the announcement/notices section and stickied there also. thanks

#2 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Probably wise. I think that's where i'd look too.

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

Personally I think the links should be added as a category to the NavBar so they can be accessed from any page ;)

We've already ran out of space on the NavBar, we need to find another solution to that problem too. :p

#4 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:06 AM

We've already ran out of space on the NavBar, we need to find another solution to that problem too. :p

Ran out of space? You using a 10 inch monitor or what lol

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:10 AM

Ran out of space? You using a 10 inch monitor or what lol

15.6" widescreen laptop.

#6 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

15.6" widescreen laptop.

Ah laptops. Forgot about you laptop users. Strange people.

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:08 AM

Just get rid of the Bug Tracker link up there. Everyone who ever uses it is linked to it after asking for help someplace else. :p
Or make the font smaller. People need to see the rules so they won't get warned if they tell me I have no life. Even though in my case, it would be the truth.

#8 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:25 AM

you have no life.

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Set them up so they can be drop-down boxes (I know you're pro and can do this so stop bitchin waser :p)

Forums
-Home
-Members

Rules

Applications
-Downloads
-Bug Tracker
-Item Database
-NeoLogs
-NeoAlerts
-NeoTracker

Simulators
-BattleDome
-Pet Colour

Chat

Subscriptions

Dropdowns would be a great solution. I second this notion.

#10 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 06:59 AM

We were kind of shying away from drop downs. As the stuff is not easily seen. I was trying for a nice multi row looking thing like your windows tabs in various control panels. But i couldn't visualize it so didn't try more. :(

#11 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

What about something like this with real sexy icons for a few of the things, then other things still on the nav bar? Oh and yeah I know, mad paint skills.

Attached Files

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:13 AM

http://community.inv...13-fusion-menu/

Something like that is probably what we need.

#13 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:22 AM

What about something like this with real sexy icons for a few of the things, then other things still on the nav bar? Oh and yeah I know, mad paint skills.

i like that idea. i would appreciate codex being made in cute pastel colors with some nice neopets icon images as a menu. d'aaaaaaaaaw!

(no kidding!)

#14 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

http://www.devfuse.com/forums/tutorials/article/95-add-a-top-menu-dropdown-like-ips-website/

Or how about that :)

That could work too, it's really quick to add too (I just added it on my local version in like a minute).

#15 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:26 AM

Well those are cool but they're ugly. I was thinking we went menu we should do something a little snazzy like this:
http://www.duoh.com/...als/2levelmenu/

its a 2 level menu but the 2nd row oveflow wraps.

ill look around more i knwo there's gotta be an elegant solution.

this one is cool but no menu: http://www.nundroo.com/navigation/ (i think we could try something like this after we solve the menu prob)

only like seriously i wish. i wanted a neopets skin for codex. :( using the old neoepts layout and stuff. :(

#16 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Well those are cool but they're ugly. I was thinking we went menu we should do something a little snazzy like this:

this one is cool but no menu: http://www.nundroo.com/navigation/ (i think we could try something like this after we solve the menu prob)

only like seriously i wish. i wanted a neopets skin for codex. :( using the old neoepts layout and stuff. :(

You see that word next to "Group" under your avatar? You'll find that lets you do whatever you want :p

#17 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:34 AM

that would be so sweet! but i know, i know, it's not professional enough and shit, like everything else here. mbwah!

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:38 AM

The one that Soul linked to actually looks decent, try adding it to your local board.

#19 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:44 AM

I'm going to sleep now :( but will definitely check out souls thing tonight

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:48 AM

Its cos I'm awesome.

There was a mod for vBulletin that allowed you to create a 2nd NavBar underneath the first. I'm sure you could actually do it with IPB as well, just a case of finding and replicating the NavBar code and slightly changing the position.

Double NavBars would look horrible though. :/

#21 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

Tbh this looks alright (the double nav bar, not the horrible "follow us" bar at the top.

Posted Image

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

Tbh this looks alright (the double nav bar, not the horrible "follow us" bar at the top.

Posted Image

That's vBulletin though, not IPB.

#23 Sida

Sida
  • Tsvetesman

• 3865 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

That's vBulletin though, not IPB.

Yeah but surely you could just put a similar thing under the nav bar we have already?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users