Photo

Anyone Here Interested In Cars Too?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Basically, ive had a silver 1998 corsa B 3 door 1.4L for a year now, now i have my first year no claims i am starting to do modifications on it.

So far apart from a massive sound system i have de-bagged the whole car (including grill) and added a air filter.

NOW with the plastic trim its a grey sort of colour, so i have brought some plastic primer and gloss black paint and going to make the plastic gloss black instead of a greyish colour

And i am also currently about to order 40mm Lowering springs front and back, Black 15" alloys with profile of about 50 width 195 and black window tints with smoked tailights and angel HID headlights and a half decent back box..

Anyone interested in cars think this will look good?

outisde will be black and silver colour coded

Also, if your a car fan id also like to hear about your cars :D

Edited by aneoguy, 14 October 2011 - 12:31 AM.

#2 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:49 AM

Sounds like a good little project car there mate. Ill post some pictures up shortly of what i have done to a few cars (mine included as well as some mates cars).

#3 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

Sounds like a good little project car there mate. Ill post some pictures up shortly of what i have done to a few cars (mine included as well as some mates cars).

Thanks buddy, ill be sure to upload some pictures what i have done so far and as i go along. Ill keep you updated if you wanna see how it turns out?

and sure id love to see these pictures! sounds like another car fan as well

#4 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:27 AM

Heres some pics of some various cars ive owned and done modifications to:

Too many to upload here, just check out the albums ;)

This album has a heap of pics of mine and my partner's current car.

This album has a heap of pics of my 1st car

This album has a heap of pics of my 2nd car

One of my mates' 2002 BA XR6 Turbo (Ford) that ive done some interior work on.

#5 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

Heya! You sound like a Brit haha, all the kids here drive corsas :) I'm not a hatchback type of girl to be honest but they are easy to mod and you can get some good power out of them if you do a few things so I hear! Maybe not so much the 1.4L's but you never know!

To me, there would be higher priorities to get on with on your car than the tail lights and trim colors. It all depends what you want from your car? I like power, you might want it to look snazzy! But I think you'll find if you put allot of effort into making the car look good, you'll get allot of people calling you out on road for a race etc.

I haven't got a super car or anything, Strats and Souls cars have much more power than mine but its nippy and looks cute to me, it's all about preference! But that's not to say I haven't tried my best on it ;)

Posted Image

My type of car ^

(wish it looked THAT good though but its not far off :) )

Toyota MRS 1.8vvti. Weighs nothing, 0 - 60 is like 6.5seconds on a standard car, but I've added a few extras:

I've added a duel stainless exhaust with medium sports noise and a nice engine re-mapped to around 178 - 180 BHP. K and N performance induction kit, which includes filters and scoops. Also lowered suspension which improves the handling. I've had Brembo drilled and vented brake discs added all round the car with upgraded calipers - (also Brembo) and some performance brake pads, shame my car eats into discs like mad so it costs me a fortune! lol.

Overall it shifts off the mark like crazy, with the low weight and added extras, haven't been beat on the start off in a long time. Top end its power will always tend to be lacking so the bigger engines do edge off, but I've had my little car since i was 19 now so I'm proud of her!

I hope you enjoy your car and get what you want out of her, remember you usually pay for what you get too, so spend a little extra on mods to avoid it looking too cheap!

#6 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Fuck looks.

Engine mods, sleeper look, rape everyone.

Spoiler

Ahhh! But you see, im waiting till im 21 so i can invest in a car like a 2litre audi, focus, or golf gti somethign like that, somethign worth putting engine mods in

Corsa b, no points unless im going to redtop it, but those things go through clutches like nothing

lol

Heres some pics of some various cars ive owned and done modifications to:

Too many to upload here, just check out the albums ;)

This album has a heap of pics of mine and my partner's current car.

This album has a heap of pics of my 1st car

This album has a heap of pics of my 2nd car

One of my mates' 2002 BA XR6 Turbo (Ford) that ive done some interior work on.

Ill check them out now!!

thanks for posting!

And yes Georgina i am a brit :D

#7 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:56 AM

Overall it shifts off the mark like crazy, with the low weight and added extras, haven't been beat on the start off in a long time. Top end its power will always tend to be lacking so the bigger engines do edge off, but I've had my little car since i was 19 now so I'm proud of her!

Line me up on the start line and you will be ;) hahaha

My most recent car (now sold, unfortunately :( )
Spoiler

I agree with Soul on the modifying your car yourself idea. I think it gives you much more pleasure knowing you had a hand in creating your own piece of machinery. Then again, like sorrow said, if you havent had much experience in doing this stuff yourself, you may end up regretting it. I remember when i got my first car. I went all out trying things myself and ended up really fucking it up. I learned a few new things along the way though which helped when i got my next car. I used to be all into the painted/trimmed interior stuff, but these days i appreciate a car with a good amount of power and work put into it via the engine and components, NOT the looks inside the car. Yeah, it may appeal to a few people, but power is where its really at :) Its good knowing that you have the power behind you when you want to have a little bit of fun.

These days most of the newer cars come out with very tasteful and comfy interiors anyway so no real need to 'enhance' them any further.

Good luck with yours though, sounds like a little bit of fun. Enjoy it and learn some new things while youre at it. Dont be afraid to give new things a go yourself.

Most of all though, stay safe and dont be reckless whilst driving. I've certainly calmed my driving down immensely since becoming a father. I still like to give it a bit of a 'squirt' every now and then, but nothing too stupid. Its times like those i wish we had another drag strip here where i live (the last one got shut down years ago due to lack of funding). Every other state in Australia (well most of them) have their own drag 1/4 mile. Its annoying if you want to take your car for a legal run, you have to go interstate to do it.

Edit: We DO have a drag strip here but its a pissy little 1/8 mile track and really, who wants to drag their car for only 200 metres?

Edited by Strategist, 15 October 2011 - 02:13 AM.

#8 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:30 AM

Just buy a car already done.. you'll save alot of money in the mean time, dont ever build a car from the ground up unless you truely know the cost associated with such a project.
i've seen both sides of this. if you build a car, you wont get your value $ back if you sell it. if you buy a car with everyone done that you want. your a winner both ways. chances are you dont know what your doing anyway with building a car. so either have friends, or learn fast.

ive had mustangs, camaros etc.. been around few times

ooo nooo wayyyy!!!

Thats boring! i love working on cars!

Half of my free time im sitting with my car doing work oon it because i enjoy it, even if its just sitting there with tea-cut trying to get the scratches out lol

And once you done something good i would feel more prou.

PLUS! because of my age, i cannot get a nice car for "10k" because that would prob mean the insurance will be crazy!!! lol Like £5,000 plus!

Edited by aneoguy, 15 October 2011 - 02:35 AM.

#9 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:48 AM

ooo nooo wayyyy!!!

Thats boring! i love working on cars!

Half of my free time im sitting with my car doing work oon it because i enjoy it, even if its just sitting there with tea-cut trying to get the scratches out lol

And once you done something good i would feel more prou.

PLUS! because of my age, i cannot get a nice car for "10k" because that would prob mean the insurance will be crazy!!! lol Like £5,000 plus!

yeah most people don't take into account the on road costs of buying a 'newer' car (or any car for that matter). There's registration, insurance, maintenance (and if its an exotic/European car, then parts are'nt cheap) as well as fuel costs and all that jazz. So if you do eventually go to buy another car as an upgrade from what you have later on, be sure to do some extensive research. It really helps get the most for your money.

I now drive the purple commodore posted in my first post above and even with that being a measly 3.6L V6 (roughly 170rwkw), it sure gets up and goes when i want it to. The old V8's from 10 or so years ago have nothing on it. Not to mention its fuel economy is incredibly low. We regularly get around 8.8-9.0L/per 100kms (around 750-800km to a full tank of fuel), providing its driven nicely :p

#10 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 02:54 AM

yeah most people don't take into account the on road costs of buying a 'newer' car (or any car for that matter). There's registration, insurance, maintenance (and if its an exotic/European car, then parts are'nt cheap) as well as fuel costs and all that jazz. So if you do eventually go to buy another car as an upgrade from what you have later on, be sure to do some extensive research. It really helps get the most for your money.

I now drive the purple commodore posted in my first post above and even with that being a measly 3.6L V6 (roughly 170rwkw), it sure gets up and goes when i want it to. The old V8's from 10 or so years ago have nothing on it. Not to mention its fuel economy is incredibly low. We regularly get around 8.8-9.0L/per 100kms (around 750-800km to a full tank of fuel), providing its driven nicely :p

Yea tell me about it, road tax and insurance are the killers!

But if my car goes wrong its normally fine with me! because i have worked so much on my car i can assume what the problem is and try and fix it but if not, my friend is a mechanic and the boss lets us use the garage after working hours which is so cool so we have all the equipment and tools needed to fix any car

And wohooo! your car sounds nice! i cant wait till i have earned more no years claims and being able to buy a nice and powerful car without having to pay big insurance prices :(

^ its one of those things you do now because its fun and exciting, 5 years down road your going to look back on it and be like, wow i had nothing better to do.
or you could go into building cars and being very happy. its usaully one or the other. i dont honestly know what you mean about the 10k and 5k euro. but 10k is about what i'd pay for a pretty stout car in good shape honestly. sure you can get them for 3-4k hell depending on part of america, my step dad bought a 99 firehawk with WS6 engine package, was sick. for 5k.. was a steal, you always get the BEST deals when you are NOT looking for a car. when you buy a car you like, etc. you'll see a car a day, week, or month later that is 2x as good and cheaper and be like.. damn.. lol but thats life. day late dollar short or opposite.

Beats seeing my girlfriend and it keeps me getting out of trouble with the law ;)

Tahaha lol

But na im still a student too with a part time job, only really earning about £5,000 a year soo gotta keep costs down. cant afford engine mods hence why im waiting for a better car when im older to start that stuff when i have a well paid job and etc

Edited by aneoguy, 15 October 2011 - 02:56 AM.

#11 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:02 AM

Yea tell me about it, road tax and insurance are the killers!

But if my car goes wrong its normally fine with me! because i have worked so much on my car i can assume what the problem is and try and fix it but if not, my friend is a mechanic and the boss lets us use the garage after working hours which is so cool so we have all the equipment and tools needed to fix any car

And wohooo! your car sounds nice! i cant wait till i have earned more no years claims and being able to buy a nice and powerful car without having to pay big insurance prices :(

Beats seeing my girlfriend and it keeps me getting out of trouble with the law ;)

Tahaha lol

But na im still a student too with a part time job, only really earning about £5,000 a year soo gotta keep costs down. cant afford engine mods hence why im waiting for a better car when im older to start that stuff when i have a well paid job and etc

All good mate. Don't worry if you cant afford it now, you will be able to one day, i'm sure. But for now, stick with doing what you're doing and enjoy it (sounds like you are anyways :p) oh and please do post some pics when you get a chance, i'm keen to check this little beast out XD

#12 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

All good mate. Don't worry if you cant afford it now, you will be able to one day, i'm sure. But for now, stick with doing what you're doing and enjoy it (sounds like you are anyways :p) oh and please do post some pics when you get a chance, i'm keen to check this little beast out XD

ooo i will do, i got a picture of it at the moment, but i have not done any of the mods i was talking about yet. wanna see that picture?

#13 aneoguy

aneoguy
  • 397 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:08 AM

^i just posted some pics into my last post if you are interested. lol if not, oh well =P was editing them

Just seen them the first car comes along nicely!

Looks good! i wish i can work on a car like that one day but just wont be able to afford it yet

#14 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:11 AM

and Sorrow, i know that feeling all too well. I've had that happen two out of the three times ive bought my cars haha. Kind of rushed into buying the first thing i liked, at a slightly higher price just because i wanted it now. Then a couple of weeks/months later, seeing HEAPS of cars that were cheaper and much better than the ones i bought :(

The wagon though, that was a different story. I did my research, waited around for the right one to come along. Test drove heaps of them before settling on the blue one. Originally i wanted a Poison Ivy Green one (favourite colour is green) and there just weren't any that i liked.

Heres an example:

Spoiler

#15 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:27 AM

wow i must say that Camaro is nice man. I also love the Roush Mustangs. They're a hot piece of machinery for sure. My mates currently looking at importing a 2008 GT500 KR (the silver with blue track stripe style). I hope he does because i'll be able to drive it XD

Ahhh see thats where your'e wrong Sorrow :) We do (well, DID) export them to america under the Pontiac name. They were the G8's i believe. All holden body (besides the front bar), Chev LS3 motor etc etc. I helped design the interior in them (i work for the company that supplies Holden the interiors). Unfortunately, you guys didnt get the wagons. Only the sedans. Holden also looked into importing our Ute (you guys call them pickups over there i think), but then Pontiac went bust and they canned the idea.

Heres what you were missing out on:

Spoiler

Edited by Strategist, 15 October 2011 - 03:33 AM.

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:02 AM

haha very good point man. It frustrates us here in SA too, that the government doesnt see it worth while to reopen A.I.R (Adelaide International Raceway) due to apparent 'lack of interest' (pigs fucking ARSE). It would certainly solve a lot (not all, but a lot) of the issues the police/government have with 'hoon drivers'. Why not give people a place to 'vent' their frustrations on a legal track, where it is a LOT safer than on the streets.

You see way too many accidents/deaths related to street racing these days that its way too hard to ignore. I for one certainly would prefer to be able to legally have some fun in my cars and would gladly pay a small fee to do so. If it stops me from copping a fine/defect/impound then im all for it.

The government wont agree though as theyre making too much money off the current situation. They catch 'hoon drivers', fine them (money for the coffers), defect their cars (more money to the bastards) and potentially impound them (even more $$). Im totally with you on this one Soul, as are a good chunk of the Australian car enthusiast (not hoon drivers) population.

and that video is classic man. Gotta love Ken Hell XD

off topic but ill put it here anyway

Spoiler

Edited by Strategist, 15 October 2011 - 06:07 AM.

#17 Robin

Robin
  • 109 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:03 AM

I really like the BMW X1:

Spoiler

--> enough space for my two dogs and an elegant design in the front *like*

Edited by Peophina, 15 October 2011 - 06:03 AM.

#18 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:33 AM

My advice would be to just stick with a few modifications, I knew someone who had an old fiesta and just added and changed everything, he added a body kit, lowered the car a lot, beast sound system, re-sprayed...etc but in the end it just looked way too overdone. He paid 1,000 for the car and ended up spending around 2,000 just on modding it and of course when he wanted a new car no one would even buy it afterwards for 1,000. He ended up having to fork out more money to get the car near enough standard again just to sell it for around 1,000. He also fucked up by lowering it just a tad too much so when he went over speed bumps he'd have to slow it down to like 5mph just to clear it xD Of course he eventually went over one speed bump and you could just hear a massive crack, looked at the car to find the bodykit at the back had cracked in half :p. I personally don't see whats wrong with leaving a car standard, minus little mods like the air filter and a decent sound. But I've not had a lot of experience with cars because i ride bikes instead :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users