Photo

Auto negger?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:44 PM

Id be willing to pay in "other"for a very simple auto negger. program would only have to check every 2 hours if pets hunger status is down to dying, if it is, then feed it an armoured negg, out of inventory or sdb(you can add option to buy neggs from shop wiz if you want, but not required)If the pets hunger is not down to dying after 2 hours, then check every 10 mins till it is (if a pet is hungry and you feed it one negg, it will go to starving but 2-3 hours later its back down to dying, so this is the most effective way of feeding armoured neggs.
For simplicity, you can just have it check every 30 mins for hunger level and if dying then feed. Only feature that would be important would be to stop when out of neggs, and to relogin when logged out.

#2 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

May i ask why you want to have your pet fed automatically...

#3 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:00 PM

May i ask why you want to have your pet fed automatically...

It's incredibly useful for training pets.

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

I can definitely get behind this program. My pet is in that awkward point where about 10 more levels and I can be admitted into the Ninja Academy. Waiting like half a day for one stat point is insane. I even started buying neggs because at the rate of codestones, negging is actually cheaper for me. My inventory is 33/50 Armoured neggs and I forget to feed my pet a lot.

Edit: So much typos, it's sad

#5 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 04:51 PM

So ya we all need it.
SOMEONE SMART DO IT!
Puh puh puh puhleaasseee

#6 vendetta.inc

vendetta.inc
  • 214 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

This program is very simple and would be great for me!

Simply wait until your pet is bloated, eat a negg, wait 65 minutes, eat another.

#7 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:56 PM

This program is very simple and would be great for me!

Simply wait until your pet is bloated, eat a negg, wait 65 minutes, eat another.

You have the concept wrong. When its bloated it takes up to 6 hours to go down. When your at dying, you eat one you go to starving, then 2 hours later your back to dying. That is the only way to feed every 2 hours, without using rainbow pizzas which is slower.

#8 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:37 PM

You have the concept wrong. When its bloated it takes up to 6 hours to go down. When your at dying, you eat one you go to starving, then 2 hours later your back to dying. That is the only way to feed every 2 hours, without using rainbow pizzas which is slower.

You also have it wrong, when your pet is dying and you feed it, it goes to starving. It then only takes 1 hour and 1 minute before you can feed it again. I know the hunger level wont go back down to dying, but if done right, you can feed your pet almost every hour.

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:44 AM

Could you not just set up an auto refresh on the feed page and set it to refresh at whatever interval you need?

#10 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:31 AM

Could you not just set up an auto refresh on the feed page and set it to refresh at whatever interval you need?

Hmm. Im gunna try that now.

You also have it wrong, when your pet is dying and you feed it, it goes to starving. It then only takes 1 hour and 1 minute before you can feed it again. I know the hunger level wont go back down to dying, but if done right, you can feed your pet almost every hour.

"Initially, what you would need to do is let your pet's Hunger level drop to "Dying". Depending on its current level, this could take several days. Once your pet's hunger level has reached "Dying", you can feed a Negg, which will make its hunger level "Starving". In exactly 2 hours, you will be able to go to QuickRef and see that the Hunger level has dropped back down to "Dying". At this point, you can simply come back every 2 hours and feed your pet."

From here

I dont just say things without doing my homework.
If you feed it every hour, after getting to the lowest level of starving it takes like 4-6 hours from my experience.It might have been different than before. but the only way to feed every 2 hours for 24 hours a day is to not let it get above the lowest level of starving.

Edited by supertrap, 20 December 2011 - 10:35 AM.

#11 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

I read this thread title as "Auto nigger" and was intrigued...

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

I read this thread title as "Auto nigger" and was intrigued...

Lol me too.....
But yes, an auto nEgger would be great as im at that stage where its better to be using neggs

#13 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Nope, It won't work. The items have different ids in the inventory. Tested with blandfish.

#14 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

"Initially, what you would need to do is let your pet's Hunger level drop to "Dying". Depending on its current level, this could take several days. Once your pet's hunger level has reached "Dying", you can feed a Negg, which will make its hunger level "Starving". In exactly 2 hours, you will be able to go to QuickRef and see that the Hunger level has dropped back down to "Dying". At this point, you can simply come back every 2 hours and feed your pet."

From here

I dont just say things without doing my homework.
If you feed it every hour, after getting to the lowest level of starving it takes like 4-6 hours from my experience.It might have been different than before. but the only way to feed every 2 hours for 24 hours a day is to not let it get above the lowest level of starving.

Oh boy, you are uninformed. That article was written more than 10 years ago when featheralley was a noob.

If you start out from dying and and feed it a negg, it goes to starving. You can wait 2 hours for it to go back to dying or wait 1 hour + 1 second and feed it again. The status will stay at starving instead of going to the next level. You repeat this as many times as you want as long as you wait 1h+1s. Anyone who cites the 2 hour rule instead of this one is not a true Battledomer and you can disregard all further advice from that user.

#15 Rikku

Rikku
  • 2109 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 03:12 PM

Oh boy, you are uninformed. That article was written more than 10 years ago when featheralley was a noob.

If you start out from dying and and feed it a negg, it goes to starving. You can wait 2 hours for it to go back to dying or wait 1 hour + 1 second and feed it again. The status will stay at starving instead of going to the next level. You repeat this as many times as you want as long as you wait 1h+1s. Anyone who cites the 2 hour rule instead of this one is not a true Battledomer and you can disregard all further advice from that user.

Thank you Scot.... apparently I'm not trustworthy because that's exactly what i said and yet no one believes me. *storms off*

EDIT: You know what? you're right! Go ahead and feed every 2 hours.... yup yup... no problem with that at all.

#16 supertrap

supertrap
  • 149 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:02 AM

Like I said. I did my homework, not my fault the internet is full of shady info.

Buy your right, just tested. Its 61mins.
But it does take like 6 hours to get from the fuller level of starving right?

#17 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

I have the program written but I can't test it because I don't have a dying pet :(

#18 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:06 PM

I have the program written but I can't test it because I don't have a dying pet :(

Adopt one from the pound, or share it so people can test it.

#19 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:22 PM

Adopt one from the pound, or share it so people can test it.

http://dl.dropbox.co.../autonegger.zip
launchscript.bat for windowz, launchscript.sh for linux, you will need python3, this is very rudimentary, done very quickly, and untested so please don't kill me :p

#20 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

launchscript.bat for windowz, launchscript.sh for linux, you will need python3, this is very rudimentary, done very quickly, and untested so please don't kill me :p

I'm afraid of opening that mysterious file :c

#21 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:42 PM

I'm afraid of opening that mysterious file :c

Well you have the python script right there, you can look at all the modules in notepad or something if you want. You can look at the batch script/shell in notepad too.
Here are the contents of the batch file:

C:\python30\python.exe main.py

It just simplifies launching the thing....

#22 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:33 PM

I checked the source and it looks clean, I'm no expert though. Sadly I can't really test it because I'm running 2.7.2 and really have no intention of updating.

#23 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:03 PM

i might try this out
not tonight - cause i am too lazy to reboot and open in linux
but i will test it

#24 compex

compex
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:36 PM

I checked the source and it looks clean, I'm no expert though. Sadly I can't really test it because I'm running 2.7.2 and really have no intention of updating.

You don't update anything in python :p You can have as many independent installations as you want.
Posted Image

#25 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

You don't update anything in python :p You can have as many independent installations as you want.
Posted Image

Huh O_o, didn't know that. Won't the code only work through one version though? They aren't backwards compatible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users