Quantcast

Photo

[Guide] How To Make Profit Using The Trading Post!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:48 PM

All right, so I have hung around here long enough that I started getting ideas for guides. I haven't seen one quite like this, so I thought I would put it together. Be gentle, it is my first time.

So you want to make a profit off the trading post like you do in the main shops?
Well, then keep reading.

I have composed a simple guide that you can follow step by step, ensuring enough NPs for you and a friend to roll in!

Basic - Noobs - Small Profit

1. Decide what your "items" for trade will be. I would recommend starting with omelettes or jellies.
You can also use 1 NP items that don't look like junk. Here is a very short list:

Cloud Jetsam Keyring
Money Tree Window
Pegleg Wax
Gummy Pirate Candies
Club And Rock Game
Haunted Drums
Spooky Tree Flute
Strong Forever Glue
Snowball Pencil Sharpener
Pirate Hook Candy Cane
Inflatable Krawk Island
White Snowball Plushie

Get the idea? The items look like they are worth more than they are, leading people to spend more NPs on your lot.

2. Figure out what to ask for your "items". In order to make this a daily source of income, you should be organized.
Keep track of what you spend and what you pull in. Determine which items are "flashy" - the ones that grab attention and sell quicker.

Here's a tried and tested example of doubling your profit:

a) Buy 10 jellies at 5 NP each. Good jellies, like lemon, strawberry, chocolate, etc.
b) Put them into a trade and make the wishlist say something like... "100 NPs or a good item".
c) Accept offers that either give you 100 NPs pure or some items that amount to that.
d) Reap double profit and begin the process again.

3. As you get better at this, you can try with omelettes, snowballs, books, and so on.

Intermediate - Keyboard Savvy - Medium Profit

1. Now, we can get to the good stuff. Move on up to bottled faeries, codestones, lab maps, dubloons, etc.
Decide on a minimum profit, either for seperate items or bundled sets. For this section, my minimum profit is 2500 NPs.
2. The idea is to take easy-to-sell items, buy them for WAY less than they're worth, and then turn around and bundle-sell them for profit!
Generally, individual parts of a bundle sell for more than they do combined. This is not always the case, but it is a general rule.

Here is an example of buying individually and selling for profit:

a) Buy all 9 pieces of the Secret Laboratory Map series. At the time of this guide, buying all the pieces is ~807.5k.
Note - Extensively research prices until you know for sure what the low and high prices of each piece are.
Note 2 - For each piece, try to snipe and/or buy it for the most rock bottom price you can find.

For pieces worth <10,000 = Try to buy them for 1,000 less than what they are worth.
For pieces worth 10,001-50,000 = Try to buy them for 5,000 less than they are worth.
For pieces worth 50,001-99,999 = Try to buy them for 7,500-10,000 less than they are worth.
For pieces worth 100k+ = Try to be patient and find a 50k discount.

If you use the above chart as a guide, you should end up purchasing the map set for ~100k less than what it would sell for.
b) Bundle the items and ask for current TP price in pure.
c) Roll in the dough!

Advanced - AAA - Huge Profit! --- Disclaimer: This section is a JOKE. Take it lightly. :rolleyes:

Now, we move up into morphing potions, paintbrushes, newly released items, etc.

This is probably the easiest portion of this guide, as it requires minimum work and maximum profit.

Follow this easy 3 step list:

1.) Turn on Abrosia.
2.) Let it buy all items with a minimum profit of your choosing (I recommend 2,500 NPs).
3.) Use the Autopricer to do everything else for you, including pricing your shop, depositing your profit, and listing your UBs in the auctions and trades.

And that concludes my first guide. Let me know what you think. All opinions welcome. I can take it. :whistling:

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Stage one: Scam stupid people.
Stage two: Buy cheap, sell high.
Stage three: Use the programs on this site to do everything.

Great guide.

#3 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:16 PM

Stage one: Scam stupid people.
Stage two: Buy cheap, sell high.
Stage three: Use the programs on this site to do everything.

Great guide.

Most of which gain profit by using the Trading Post. The ends justify the means.

#4 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

Most of which gain profit by using the Trading Post. The ends justify the means.

But it doesn't justify a "guide".

(And scamming makes you a cunt).

#5 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:23 PM

But it doesn't justify a "guide".

(And scamming makes you a cunt).

I didn't know people actually sold those big food trades.
Proper Neopets scamming is an exploitation of trust - this is an exploitation of ignorance. And if it's an exploitation of ignorance, they won't know they've been scammed - what you don't know can't hurt you, as untrue as that saying really is.

#6 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:25 PM

I didn't know people actually sold those big food trades.
Proper Neopets scamming is an exploitation of trust - this is an exploitation of ignorance. And if it's an exploitation of ignorance, they won't know they've been scammed - what you don't know can't hurt you, as untrue as that saying really is.

Was that supposed to be an argument for why scamming doesn't make you a cunt?
Because if so, terribly ineffective.

#7 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Was that supposed to be an argument for why scamming doesn't make you a cunt?
Because if so, terribly ineffective.

Yes, it was. I'm just saying, there are a few exceptions to the rule.

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:37 PM

Yes, it was. I'm just saying, there are a few exceptions to the rule.

Wait... so abusing the trust of the less intelligent doesn't make you a cunt?

#9 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

I find this more of a moderate reselling guide rather than a "Make Profit Using The Trading Post" guide (because profits are always made in the TP, and if you're going to do that you'd need to add a lot more sections) to be honest.

It's a bit silly ( no offense o: ) though, with the "Basic - Noobs - Small Profit" you could just play games (either legitimately or using AoB/SS) instead and make more NPs in less time.
Overpriced codestone/dubloon/SLM trades also usually get underoffers, not overoffers (although if you buy them for cheap I suppose you could make moderate offers if you sell them in your shop).
& For the "Advanced - AAA - Huge Profit!" section, if you decide to make the section actually serious you could just make it buying (usually HTS) MPs/PBs/etc. for cheap (reseller offers) and then selling for more with patience :p ~

#10 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

Wait... so abusing the trust of the less intelligent doesn't make you a cunt?

To build a solid bond of trust requires a little more than just clicking on a few links, and waiting for someone to fall into your 'trap'. Some interaction is needed, and that's when it becomes morally questionable (in my eyes at least). Without that, you are not abusing trust, just ignorance. As I've already stated, you know what I think of that, regardless of what you think of it. Now, I'm going to leave this alone, public arguments aren't pretty, and more often than not, embarrassing. If you want to continue this in the form of a PM, you know what to do, and I'll get back to you in the morning. For now, goodnight Sweeney. :)

#11 Tomo

Tomo
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 03:45 PM

Pretty good for a first guide, but I feel like the "basic" section isn't really useful. Like Rainie said, there are much easier ways to make small profits in less time.

I use the intermediate strategy sometimes. It's good for a small profit every now and then but I wouldn't recommend using it often since it's a tedious process of finding tons of cheap ets items from the SW.

#12 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:28 PM

Rule 1 of Neocodex: Do not argue with Sweeney.

Even the best of us sometimes learn it the hard way.

#13 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

To build a solid bond of trust requires a little more than just clicking on a few links, and waiting for someone to fall into your 'trap'. Some interaction is needed, and that's when it becomes morally questionable (in my eyes at least). Without that, you are not abusing trust, just ignorance. As I've already stated, you know what I think of that, regardless of what you think of it. Now, I'm going to leave this alone, public arguments aren't pretty, and more often than not, embarrassing. If you want to continue this in the form of a PM, you know what to do, and I'll get back to you in the morning. For now, goodnight Sweeney. :)

Here's the thing, though. You haven't provided any justification for "what [you] think of that".
In fact, I think your opinion is so utterly indefensible that you physically can't justify it. Especially not to me.

If you said, "Yes, I'm a cunt, I like to trick people out of their hard earned neopoints simply because they're naive", then at least you'd be being honest (in writing, if not in action).

Public arguments are only embarrassing and ugly for the side that fails to provide any decent counterpoints. I can understand why you don't want to continue the discussion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users