Users Awards

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

And this is what beauty is today... No wonder guys have such high standards xD

#2 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 06:48 AM

(^) this is the one that gets me

(will discuss more later - i need to do physics D:)!

#3 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2012 - 06:31 AM

I saw that Dove one in a cosmetics department meeting a few years ago. Everyone was so shocked, but honestly, do you think the pimply blonde at the beginning is going to be the face of skincare without all that make up? Come on.

It's one thing to have people made up for magazines and ads, and quite another thing to expect your everyday person to be fucking photoshoot ready. I expect normal people to have pimples, and teeth an off-shade of white, and hair on their arms. I expect stretchmarks, cellulite, one nipple that faces slightly off in one direction. I expect imperfection, and embrace it because it's the only way to tell what's real anymore.

It does disgust me to see Demi Moore or Beyonce's head stuck on the body of a waif-like model, or celebrities who are perfectly fine the way they are being liquefied into oblivion, but that's the price they pay for fame.

#4 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:10 AM

I saw that Dove one in a cosmetics department meeting a few years ago. Everyone was so shocked, but honestly, do you think the pimply blonde at the beginning is going to be the face of skincare without all that make up? Come on.

It's one thing to have people made up for magazines and ads, and quite another thing to expect your everyday person to be fucking photoshoot ready. I expect normal people to have pimples, and teeth an off-shade of white, and hair on their arms. I expect stretchmarks, cellulite, one nipple that faces slightly off in one direction. I expect imperfection, and embrace it because it's the only way to tell what's real anymore.

It does disgust me to see Demi Moore or Beyonce's head stuck on the body of a waif-like model, or celebrities who are perfectly fine the way they are being liquefied into oblivion, but that's the price they pay for fame.

did you watch the whole video o.O
the issue is not the make up (or at least that is the message that i get)
but that even after they apply makeup they then photoshop her facial features, elongate her neck, etc
in order to make her more "beautiful"

#5 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 27 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

1:26 "You should look like this."

That really sells it!

#6 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 09:21 AM

Of course I watched the whole video. *stares at you*

But isn't that the perception of beauty? Thin. Long neck. Big eyes. Light, smoothe, flawless skin. Large lips. Small nose. Large breasts, tiny waist. High heels. Long hair. Yadda yadda yadda.
(Note: Pyro has all these things, except the large breasts.)
The Dove lady was pretty, but can't you see they made her so much prettier? She'll be unstoppable if she got surgery like Heidi Montag.
Posted Image

#7 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:05 PM

But isn't that the perception of beauty? Thin. Long neck. Big eyes. Light, smoothe, flawless skin. Large lips. Small nose. Large breasts, tiny waist. High heels. Long hair. Yadda yadda yadda.
The Dove lady was pretty, but can't you see they made her so much prettier? She'll be unstoppable if she got surgery like Heidi Montag.
Posted Image

Poor girl =/ I blame the parents....

#8 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

Posted Image

Wow. But she looks uglier now.. Shame. Her face looks like a man face.

Edited by Kats, 28 January 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#9 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:48 PM

Wow. But she looks uglier now.. Shame. Her face looks like a man face.

Something about her "after" face in the pic reminds me of Paris Hilton :/ She was pretty before she had all that work done :( Too bad she couldn't see that.

#10 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 08:51 PM

I've seen so many Dove parodies. You know I appreciate the sentiment, but they are full of it with their 'normal woman' ad campaign. Those are six and sevens at least.

Edited by Inver, 28 January 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#11 XenoCyde

XenoCyde
  • 4223 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:26 AM

Lol, awesome ad.

#12 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:33 AM

I'm all about embracing imperfections and bashing photoshopping, but there's a limit. In the US especially, there is an epidemic of obesity. I think if people see these images of perfect bodies and use that as motivation to lose some weight, its a good thing. Of course I'd rather see ads promoting healthier living, but lets all be honest, everyone wants to look like a celebrity, and for most people losing weight is about looks and not health.

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 12:26 PM

I'm all about embracing imperfections and bashing photoshopping, but there's a limit. In the US especially, there is an epidemic of obesity. I think if people see these images of perfect bodies and use that as motivation to lose some weight, its a good thing. Of course I'd rather see ads promoting healthier living, but lets all be honest, everyone wants to look like a celebrity, and for most people losing weight is about looks and not health.

I could imagine that for a generous number of women, excessive photoshopping in modern advertising is having the opposite effect. Instead of encouraging obese women to lose weight, I would wager for some it is seen as justification for staying fat because even models must be photoshopped to look better. Why bother to attempt lose weight in an effort to look like something that isn't even a real representation of a person?

#14 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

What the hell why post this? I would minus rep you if I could pyro. Let the chicks drive themselves nuts it makes a greater time for the guys.

#15 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

What the hell why post this? I would minus rep you if I could pyro. Let the chicks drive themselves nuts it makes a greater time for the guys.

You say that now, but one day when you meet someone on eharmony.com and then you're disappointed to see the real her in person because she used photoshop and melted away 50lbs and enhanced her facial features on the photo she used on her profile, you're going to regret it! 

#16 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:05 PM

You say that now, but one day when you meet someone on eharmony.com and then you're disappointed to see the real her in person because she used photoshop and melted away 50lbs and enhanced her facial features on the photo she used on her profile, you're going to regret it! 

HAHAHAHA. You know i don't go for pussy. So probably when the other guy finds out I used photoshop on my dick he'll be disappointed. ;)

#17 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

HAHAHAHA. You know i don't go for pussy. So probably when the other guy finds out I used photoshop on my dick he'll be disappointed. ;)

Or maybe he'll be amazed at the skill it must have taken to digitally remove all those warts off the thing.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:15 PM

HAHAHAHHA good one bitch.

#19 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

I missed this announcement :(

#20 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:57 PM

*Obligatory gay pride statement*

Punk. Join us. You know you want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users