Quantcast

Photo

Do YOU Remember What Was It Like To Be Legit?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:34 AM

About a few minutes ago, I was guild hopping and I decided to join this fresh new NR guild. When I entered the guild messages, they were talking about cheaters. (For some clarification, they were all legit [poor as in <500K] players and were not cheaters trying to cover their ass). They were really full of pride of the accomplishments they have on Neo, One girl was so happy that she reached 1m after being on neo for around 33 months. There was this other girl who is BERSERK happy that she got a Pirate Krawk MP like she won the Billion Dollar Lottery. Of course, I laughed.

I remember when got so depressed when I bet 1500 NP on Turdle Racing and lost. Right now, I'm so jaded with the value neopoints such that anything of value below 10m is considered on-hand money for fun.

Do you remember when you were legit and when the items you earned by following all the rules had intrinsic value? Share some stories!

For those people who are legit to this day:
Spoiler

#2 Sanity

Sanity
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

Haha that was me like a week ago :whistling: I did everything complete legit. And was excited when I got my first high priced UB (Orange Draik Plushie) from running Ambrosia lol. Now anything I get is just icing :) This breathes some new life into Neopets.

#3 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:17 AM

I remember being legit - and thus, poor. I used to get a good Faerie petpet every week or so from RSing, and that made me a multi-millionaire. Then I decided it was too hard/boring, and I then went on to google, searched in all the cheat related phrases, and after making a few choices, here I am.

#4 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:28 AM

Yep~ I remember being legit :3
I don't even know how I got up to 1mil nps, I didn't really do anything on there at all x3

#5 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:39 AM

I remember that every 100K in the bank was a reason to celebrate.

When I restocked and Golden Shell Legit, I was over the moon.
Getting 5 Mil from one restock? That was something.

#6 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:00 AM

Legit = boring :S

I remember back in those days I was thrilled having reached 600k for a baby paint brush, I don't remember how I made my neopoints... I'm guessing through KQ :/
My happiest moment in my legit days was having 7m in the bank, it was mostly lent or given to me... but that still felt like a lot, and I was pretty proud of my achievements, having around 24 legit trophies made me feel good :)

#7 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 05:07 AM

I remember there was a 30k a day guide back when I was about 13.
My favorite pet was a blue chomby named BelleMangolin and best friend who wasn't into neopets but liked to play the games. She teamed up with me
and in a few weeks I had a full lab map (which was roughly about 300k or something cheap compared to today)
I also saved and painted my first hand painted pet, a baby jubjub named after Roxas from KH2. I slightly regret trading him away - but his current owner loves him to pieces ^^

But apart from that I was CRAP at RSing (still am xD) And had shit all luck. And I remember googling how to cheat HEAPS of times xD

#8 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:38 AM

Yeah I remember being legit, spending hours a day on Neo playing games that I hated and sucked at, posting on the one and only beard that I ever went to with my other legit millionaire friends as we slaved all day to make NP. KQ KQ KQ RS RS RS snipe snipe snipe, repeat.

I made some decent NP legit it just took pretty much my entire day.

#9 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:14 AM

I am one of the best KQ players, I've wrote guides for the Neopian Times and have all around just kicked ass at making Neopoints legit through my KQ winnings. sportsandmusic (If you've played KQ a decent amount then I promise you've lost to him, he has two Royal Shoyru's on his account and uses the Shadow Shoyru Key Quest Token) and I were in the guild Key Quest Maniacs and both actively competed against each other. We played for fun of course but it took me a little while until I got to the point I could beat him. His computer is faster than mine so I had to fine tune my Mini-Game strategies to fulfill victory. I did and eventually reach master status of Key Quest. I still play from time to time and enjoy the challenge of playing random maps/random people.

#10 Burd

Burd
  • 274 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:22 AM

LOL When I was legit, I was like
Posted Image
whenever I saw the ~*~*~*~ rich rich rich~*~*~*~ users around.

#11 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:46 AM

When I was legit, I painted my favourite petpet Christmas and I was happier than over the moon.

I had 800k in my bank too, all earned from playing flash games, and I thought I was rich.

#12 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'm still legit and still ballin' :) I'm afraid to cheat even a little bit.....I have way too much money invested in KQ tokens and NC, I'd be devastated if I lost it all on my own accord.

I really enjoy participating in the Random Contest, drawing for the Art Gallery and writing articles for the NT.
Normally, I play lots of KQ but I just moved down the street, and the internet connection is absolute shit. Shit, as in I can't even get speedtest to load. xD

So, I'm on a bit of a hiatus until I move again. :p

#13 rapmastahc

rapmastahc
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:46 AM

Oh man, I didn't have much money or any real trophies. I mean, I'm still not super rich, but I have more than I used to :p (Which isn't saying much).

Seriously though, the only legit stuff I do nowadays are the dailies and auction RS'ing. And sometimes a flash game here or there

#14 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

I made some decent NP legit it just took pretty much my entire day.

^
I auction sniped/etc. and made ~35mil prior to cheating, although it was just really annoying/time consuming x)

#15 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

I don't think I'd ever gotten more than a couple hundred thousand neopoints while legit. I wasn't good at restocking or playing the flash games, and my luck was horrid.

#16 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:12 AM

I was good at playing legit waaay back in the beginning. Soon after Maraqua was discovered, I started having problems with Neopets. My account got hacked and I lost a ton of stuff, the Neopian economy was going a different direction, blah blah, whine whine. I went off and on for a few years, then ditched Neopets completely and started playing Powerpets totally legit. Now I'm back in Neopets not-so-legit.

#17 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:13 AM

I don't think I'd ever gotten more than a couple hundred thousand neopoints while legit. I wasn't good at restocking or playing the flash games, and my luck was horrid.

Now that I think about it I made a lot of neopoints reselling items. Buying from... well most of us willing to take a deal to unload a bunch of HTS and then selling them slowly for a profit.... I made around 10-20mil this way. Legit.

I was good at playing legit waaay back in the beginning. Soon after Maraqua was discovered, I started having problems with Neopets. My account got hacked and I lost a ton of stuff, the Neopian economy was going a different direction, blah blah, whine whine. I went off and on for a few years, then ditched Neopets completely and started playing Powerpets totally legit. Now I'm back in Neopets not-so-legit.

You're welcome :)

#18 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

You're welcome :)

I would thank you, but I don't know if it's a good thing yet or not. lol. You're going to turn me into an addict. You'll walk in one day and I'll be under the table, surrounded by computers, Neopets on every single one of them.

#19 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:41 AM

I know that feel, bro. I was slightly more miserable when I was legit. I was riding most of my neowealth on betting like the slots games and I actually looked forward to spinning the Wheel of Excitement before the revamp. I was also so furious when I see many people with MSPP and SuAP avatars that don't deserve them while my best avatar was FQD only. Now that I have all three of the big avatars, haters see me rollin'

#20 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:48 AM

I honestly feel that the HT Richest avatar is the best because so few people want to spend 10mil just to get an avatar. Super Attack Pea and Bony Grarrl Club are both multiple use but dropping 10mil to get an avatar is rough because there is no getting your neopoints back.

#21 AnAngryAsian

AnAngryAsian
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

I remember... I don't think I ever had over 200K neopoints, ever. And then it was even worse when I lost my account, so I decided to start cheating. And now I'm here. :3

#22 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:10 PM

I just remember having nothing because I was too lazy to actually do something. And I am still lazy, expect for the Pirate Island dailies and labray, I do not do any dailies.

#23 Adina

Adina
  • 576 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

I think it was a lot more exciting being legit. I would earn every single neopoint I got, and it felt pretty good. Now it's rather bland, but I'm not complaining.
I remember I was about 11, and I made my first 100k. There was this guy who ran maraqua.net way back in the day, his name was Ivan if any of you remember him, and he told me he'd help me make more. Of course, I gave him my password and within a day my neopoints were gone. What a sad day that was, I remember crying because my hard earned neopoints were gone.

Then I started to restock myself but I never really got farther than a few hundred k. I've been using Abrosia for like a year, and either I keep quitting or I get frozen for being dumb but either way I have been unable to get to exactly 5 million. :|
I WILL GET THERE EVENTUALLY.
I'm just starting over again.

Edited by Adina, 04 February 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#24 themaskedmongoose

themaskedmongoose
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

At my peak neopetting (wrd?) days I had enough to save up for a Lab Ray (it was 300k-500k) then. THEN I forgot my password + birthday.

Again, I tried again some time in high school, got a Lab Ray then (it was around 1 mil at the time) and THEN I fell for one of those fake sign in pages and got hacked -.-

Simply getting a Lab Ray was enough for celebration but I just keep LOSING it. -.-

I got here when I was using the item database to search up items for faerie quest when I stumbled upon this nice forum and program :D

Really, I don't feel bad about cheating, I I justify it as more time to do my readings for university (hence why I'm here posting right now and not doing my readings)

#25 DeathKnightX

DeathKnightX
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'm having such terrible luck with ABing that I'm pretty much legit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users