Quantcast

Photo

Do YOU Remember What Was It Like To Be Legit?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#26 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yes, legit since 2004 ish... it's just horribly time consuming. You'd have to devote at least 30 solid minutes a day for games and dailies, barely picking up any points, just to keep yourself going. I remember losing my shit when the Advent gave out Plushie PPBs & Christmas PBs, thought I was set for life haha. I went on all my sides and got them. I was very slow when it came to restocking, so I stopped going for the high ticket items and started more of a minimall... e.g. buying tons and tons of basic medicines, petpets, clothes with 2-30k profit apiece. Also took up a whole night for a good restocking session. Don't even get me started on pricing all of that shit. I also felt very below everyone else when I was on the neoboards, sitting up there with my Split Chia, looking at their Plushie Poogle, despite having played for a much longer time. Basically I sucked at games, I sucked at luck/chance, and I sucked at restocking. I hadn't even made my first million, after years of work, when I joined Codex.
Of course during my legit time I heard of cheat codes and programs but I thought they were all fake scams that would get me and my precious pets immediately frozen. Checking up on a legit neo website, Jellyneo or something, I went on the forums and there was a thread on the dangers of autobuyers (thread has since been taken down trolol), Abrosia listed. I was fed up with being poor and just clicked the link to Rikku's ABing guide. best discovery ever (:

#27 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 04:57 PM

I remember losing my shit when the Advent gave out Plushie PPBs & Christmas PBs, thought I was set for life haha.

Hehehe I lost my shit when the Lab Ray zapped my pet into a Jetsam, and then zapped her grey....
I THINK I went on hiatus and came back after the conversion happened and she was UC, but I had no idea about it and there
was that sign on quick ref that looked all scary and I had no idea so I converted her ;n; NOOOOO

#28 Harleenz

Harleenz
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:33 PM

I've been legit until.......1 and half weeks ago. And I've made more money in that week and a half then I did in a year playing legitimately! That makes me sad about all that wasted time.

I used to think I was 'rich' if I had a 6 digit figure in my bank account. I'd be soo overjoyed if I got a codestone/bottled faerie from a random event/dailies (FREE 5k!!@!@)

#29 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:49 PM

There was this guy who ran maraqua.net way back in the day, his name was Ivan if any of you remember him, and he told me he'd help me make more. Of course, I gave him my password and within a day my neopoints were gone. What a sad day that was, I remember crying because my hard earned neopoints were gone.

Wow, what a dick. I remember when that site finally went down, everyone was freaking out because they thought they were CGing people. Now that I hear you say that, they probably were. :p

#30 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 08:47 PM

I used to think I was 'rich' if I had a 6 digit figure in my bank account. I'd be soo overjoyed if I got a codestone/bottled faerie from a random event/dailies (FREE 5k!!@!@)

Y'know, I have several million now and I'm still overjoyed by that. Mostly because it means that I actually got something, instead of nothing.

Edited by Senrath, 04 February 2012 - 08:47 PM.

#31 Subtle

Subtle
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:53 PM

I remember when got so depressed when I bet 1500 NP on Turdle Racing and lost. Right now, I'm so jaded with the value neopoints such that anything of value below 10m is considered on-hand money for fun.

xx

LOL, do share the NP love. I'm actually legit on neo thus far, so I guess I'm an odd one out.

#32 chipmunk

chipmunk
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:46 PM

I remember when got so depressed when I bet 1500 NP on Turdle Racing and lost. Right now, I'm so jaded with the value neopoints such that anything of value below 10m is considered on-hand money for fun.

xx

LOL, do share the NP love. I'm actually legit on neo thus far, so I guess I'm an odd one out.

I'm another one :)

I had 3 mil legit in the bank last month but that was before I went on my latest shopping spree... now I'm broke.. again.

#33 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:22 PM

/is a greedy bastard

I'm impressed that you're still legit. I'll give you a few after knowing how to safely use Abrosia and maybe you won't be legit anymore. But still, respect.

#34 annddd

annddd
  • 417 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

well...not until last May did I know the ABer, although I had played Neo "legit" for about eight years, during which I every day sucked in games, trying to make much NPs and sometimes using the restock ways. I thought making about 30k is the best and the most I could get; however, in these years, I earned by my lot and totally I earned about 4 mil. Surprisingly, I suddenly came about the Neocodex and started to be the neo cheater. Because of that reason, I earned about 30mil less than the year! There are many dreams which had undertaken in Neopet !!!

#35 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:42 PM

Everytime I stop playing Neopets, a few months later I start to play again (kid nostalgia) I play legit until I get bored.

#36 Crispin

Crispin
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 10:47 PM

I got addicted to NP again about a month ago. Was legit until I realized that my addiction was hurting my schoolwork and such and that I was basically doing something I wasn't enjoying to accomplish something that had no real value.

First time I've cheated since Diablo II maphack, and just like back then I feel perfectly justified, unlike, say, people using aimbots in FPS games.

#37 kingofaces

kingofaces
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

I have a 10 year old account with a lot of trophies and whatnot, so I haven't quite got to using Abrosia with it yet (I recall seeing a post lately about ABing from your main, but haven't found it back :p). Right now I just have a lot of investments with about 30mil + whatever I make from semi-legit RSing. I only do it for about an hour a day so it isn't too tedious at least. It's pretty fun to have a good investment pay off, but on the other hand I know I have spent way too much time in the past on Neo. Considering I do a lot of a programming already from my grad school work I'm more tempted every day to utilize Abrosia more and try out some Greasemonkey ideas I've been playing with for Neo. That idea actually sounds more fun than playing Neo legit, so it might be saying something. :p

#38 SammiSwagg

SammiSwagg
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:56 PM

Legit till about a week ago. I have made about 600k in that week... and spent a good amount of it, but I'm still getting the hang of ABing and I now have 750k in the bank. I had an amazing account as an eight-year-old, but I have long since forgotten all the information about it. Oh well...

#39 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:00 PM

Being Legit = Being Poor and angry.

#40 Coops

Coops
  • 🌧️🌩️🌧️

• 4009 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:11 PM

Being Legit = Being Poor and angry.

^^^^^^^^^^^ This.

I was on hiatus from Neo for like three years~ Mostly because I got distracted by life and other crud. But, I logged in Neo to hunt down Rpers (cuz sometimes you get lucky and find literate ossum people). I ended up playing. but my main was frozen for being inactive. So on an old side I decided ot get monies, and googled "cheating on Neo". Found Codex. xD I played legit for 6+ years. Never earned over 3mill. Was frozen by TNT repeatedly (once for sniping a 9k lab map back in like 2004 BEFORE I KNEW WHAT SNIPING WAS, gosh I was little...I cried for days XD). Why play fair if TNT just gonna cheat anyways? (: I doubt I'll go back to legit playing.

#41 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 06:45 PM

I was legit up until a week or two ago.

Came back to neo a little more than a year ago and manged to make 3 mil legit, not RSing and hardly KQ. Thanks to Habi I suppose and all these annual events lol. It wasn't really exciting and what not and when I did attempt to RS it was boring as dung. I guess the NC chat kind of has kept me around and making a couple friends in there.

Even though I've only started up ABing I think I've made as much in a day as I would in a week. So I'm pretty cheeky atm and still taking things slowly.

#42 Spoon

Spoon
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Lol yes I remember. On an old account I had made over 10mil legitly. to me that is insane. It took SO much time and restocking and I probably developed myopia after all those hours staring at a computer screen. :angry:

I feel sorry for anyone who legitly spends hours a day earning very little np. (most of my guild members)

#43 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

I feel sorry for anyone who legitly spends hours a day earning very little np. (most of my guild members)

I know that feel, bro. When I cared about neopets, I was actually so bummed out that my guild mates also were poor (typical NR guild with poor and inexperienced accounts). I wanted to give them the expensive ABed items that I don't bother trying selling so they can feel some wealth, but I genuinely don't want them to be frozen because I know they spent hours on habitarium and other low income methods to make their meager hundred thousands.

#44 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

I used to love poogle racing. I remember when I was restocking and would be happy to get a neopox pizza.

#45 MoriNoRyu

MoriNoRyu
  • 211 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:23 PM

I remember when I did dailies... yeah... now I can't even be bothered to check anything besides the krawk island ones...

#46 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

I buy bargain stocks daily, even to this day. when i was legit, i usually sell most of the stocks when they reach 60 np, leaving around 1000 remaining, and when it goes up to 120-200np. i would be so sad and asking myself why i sold those stocks at 60np =/

of course, now even if the stocks are at 500np, i wont bother selling it. i like my total stock count more. think it is around 500k stocks

#47 Spoon

Spoon
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:12 PM

I know that feel, bro. When I cared about neopets, I was actually so bummed out that my guild mates also were poor (typical NR guild with poor and inexperienced accounts). I wanted to give them the expensive ABed items that I don't bother trying selling so they can feel some wealth, but I genuinely don't want them to be frozen because I know they spent hours on habitarium and other low income methods to make their meager hundred thousands.

Ahh yes, lol, habitarium. Glad I found out about ABing, otherwise I'd spend all my time trying to earn np through habi. The illegit life is way easier :thumbsup:

Sometimes I feel bad for my guild mates, who are saving up for the lab or w/e, and I can't help but donate a few hundred thousand. Because the few hours it takes me to earn that much takes them days, and I don't want them wasting their time like that :p

#48 mera

mera
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:14 PM

I'm still kind of legit since I'm too lazy to cheat and I don't have an old account to AB. T___T
But it's funny when I'm in a guild and people talk about their neo-accomplishments (and they're obviously legit players)...

#49 Meeple

Meeple
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

I remember earning a Draik Trans. Must have been about 100 years ago. I was sooo happy to finally have a mutant Draik, a real dragon. I thought Boochi could only affect your not-active pets so I always kept him active. Of course it's the other way around so one day Boochi zapped my awesome, hard-earned dragon into a Baby O_o That was a sad day...

#50 Nentusia

Nentusia
  • 134 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

I've earned my NP pretty legal, I only cheated for some avatars/trophies.. Maybe I'll start autobuying now, I could really need some money, and even though I'm not pretty rich, I could just waste hundreds of k for some stuff/presents.. But the money needs to come from somewhere :D
But I'm a newbie to restocking/Abuying, so I'll have to inform myself at first :D

But I've never been into this "I play Neopets the legal way" stuff, because the rules have always been too rough, I think.. Why should they care if a friend is helping me in my account? I never got the point why this should be such a bad thing now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users