• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:16 AM

I want to request a program or plugin that automatically completes the Jhudora's Cloud and Illusen's Glade quests at the beginning of the month for the trophies.

When searching the forum for an existing guide on how to obtain these trophies so that I could reference it here (for those that don't know the strategy already and are interested in creating this program), I ran across Scot's Extremely Easy To Follow Guide For Getting Gold Trophies For Illusens Glade And Jhudoras Cloud

How Scoring Works: You get 16 minutes and 40 seconds (1000 seconds) to get the item. Each second you take, 2 points get deducted from your maximum score. So the max for each quest is theoretically 2000 points, 4000 in a day.

Day 1a: I don't know of a single person who knew the existence of the NeoHome Super Store before doing quest 1 but the first item of either faerie is usually(not always) going to be either a basic tile or a wall paint item. The important thing is that because these items are marked "no trade" so you must buy it directly from the NHSS. The best tactic to buy all the tile and wall paint items and have them in your inventory so all you have to do is accept quest and immediately click I have the items. If you're fast enough you'll only get 1 or 2 points deducted from your score.

Day 1b: Load the shop wizard in 1 tab and accept the quest. Highlight item, search and buy. Finish quest. With practice, this part can be done in 5 seconds so your score should be 1990. If you did part 1 correctly, your daily score should now be 3988. Instant gold.

Day 2a-DayXXb: Even if you screw up Day 1a and Day 1b, it doesn't matter as long as you did them within the time allowed you can still get gold. That's because as long as you score, you will continue to get points and move up in the ranks and people usually stop once they hit gold, allowing people in silver and bronze to move up. Sometimes people will be assholes and continue to hold the top score so other people can't get gold but this is rare and they will give up in a day or 2. Follow Scot's 5 second per quest plan and you will get gold in 10 days or less. Scot himself did it in 3 days. The scoreboard has a max score equal to 4000 * # of days since the beginning of the month, the longer into the month it goes, the more the actual top score will differ greatly from the point ceiling, because people give up after they get their gold and the rest don't really care, and that means the less your score matters.

*sighs dreamily*

Anyway, I am a lazy fuck and I like to have programs to automate as much of my Neo life as possible. If anyone is interested in taking up this project or has any ideas/questions please post :thumbsup:

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:47 AM

If it's already so easy, why do you need an autocompleter? :p

#3 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:50 AM

If it's already so easy, why do you need an autocompleter? :p

I already answered that question!

But really I see this as no different than the Edna Quest plugin that Sweeney created, dailies-doers etc. Just another task that I would like automated.

#4 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

i have to agree with bone® on this one. i just got both accs on an acc because i was bored and it really isn't a big deal. it would be cool for some super lazy people tho, yeah... (i mean i am usuuuuuuually one of those myself.)

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:51 AM

I already answered that question!

But really I see this as no different than the Edna Quest plugin that Sweeney created, dailies-doers etc. Just another task that I would like automated.

You never read anything Bone. GTFO

I think it would be useful, especially in the turn of the month where 1 second is literally the difference between a trophy and not.

#6 likerobots

likerobots
  • 537 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 06:56 AM

oh
in this case i think these scripts would be helpful.

https://addons.mozil...fox/addon/10636
http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/61379

you need mason to install the auto shop wiz thing

#7 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:09 AM

oh
in this case i think these scripts would be helpful.

https://addons.mozil...fox/addon/10636
http://userscripts.o...ipts/show/61379

you need mason to install the auto shop wiz thing

Are these links for me? Thank you likerobots, but the whole point of wanting a program is that I don't want to hover at my computer at 12:00 AM NST and every 12 hours thereafter to do these quests for 3-10 days.

#8 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 07:57 AM

I have to second this. I've been trying for the trophies for a few months but always miss out because I forget and go away from my computer and dont do one or the other quest. It would be so nice to have it automated so that the program takes care of it :)

#9 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:31 AM

This program would be great for the lazy masses (that I can proudly identify with), but I must agree with Bone. Getting the trophy is easy. I am lazy, but I get at least silver by starting on level 1 on day 1 then stopping at quest 26 since I'm either gold or silver before the end of the month. =/

If the program was developed, I would suggest having non-advanced members have a fixed waiting time :whistling: such as 6 - 10 seconds.

#10 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:42 AM

This program would be great for the lazy masses (that I can proudly identify with), but I must agree with Bone. Getting the trophy is easy. I am lazy, but I get at least silver by starting on level 1 on day 1 then stopping at quest 26 since I'm either gold or silver before the end of the month. =/

So you actually do this, like twice a day for a month? This is where I just break down. I understand that this is easy but it requires remembering to do it over and over all month long (because let's face it I won't be camping out at midnight waiting for the month to start). I get all overwhelmed and don't even begin because I am pretty sure I would never accomplish it.

#11 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm the same way Nymh... its the same reason I usually miss Plushie Tycoon. I dont start if its already a week past the start date since i'm a week behind everyone else.

#12 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:21 AM

I would like the program too. Not because I'm too lazy.....but

Because I'm so muddle-headed to even complete the quests BEFORE the score resets every single month. Argh, I never learn. :(

#13 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:23 AM

So you actually do this, like twice a day for a month? This is where I just break down. I understand that this is easy but it requires remembering to do it over and over all month long (because let's face it I won't be camping out at midnight waiting for the month to start). I get all overwhelmed and don't even begin because I am pretty sure I would never accomplish it.

For me, it's pretty easy to remember because I do my Jhudora/Illusen Quests when I when I wake up or get back from dinner(For me, it's 7AM, 7PM). It's habitual so it's almost second nature and I also use benchmarks in my day to remember the hour. I don't bother camping because that is way too stressful for me. I just complete quests until I get a trophy even if it means doing it consistently than really fast for the first few days

Granted, I do miss A LOT of days. I started on Day 1 with Quest 1 this month. I currently hold a trophy place although I missed a lot of days. Today is the 28th so potentially if you're SUPER INHUMANELY diligent, you could of done a maximum of 55 or 56 quests (probably failing one by now). I did only 21 quests for Jhudora or 27 quests for Illusen (never in a row) and I'm guarenteed at least a bronze trophy tonight for.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users