What's your major?

• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#51 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:49 PM

I'm currently on my 3rd year of a Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical)

#52 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

Mathematics.

Hope to get my Ph.D. in Mathematics one day... Wishful thinking anyways! :p

Me too! Yay! Math buddies :wub:

#53 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I'm technically an MDS (multi-disciplinary studies) major because the Navy threw a fit when I went to change my major.

I tell people I major in Human Relations since all I do now is take sociology and psychology courses.

#54 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 April 2012 - 04:44 PM

Right now I'm working toward getting my associates in humanities/social science, but that's subject to change since I have absolutely no idea what I want to do. I've also considered studying fine arts, but I'm concerned with the lack of career choices. I don't want to end up teaching, and I certainly don't want to be a struggling artist. School is not really my thing, but I'll get my bachelors eventually, once I figure out what motivates me.

Your sig looks really nice!

#55 zrisso

zrisso
  • 75 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 01:20 PM

I'm currently getting a double BSc/BA in Corporate Communications and Graphic Design. I plan on getting my MFA in Graphic Design after I graduate next year.

#56 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:06 PM

BS Animal Sciences with pre-vet option. Will be dropping out temporarilyto get skill training in vet technology and hopefully come back to finish up once I can afford to take the year off to get in-state tuition.

#57 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:20 PM

Already got my Bachelor's in Fine Art, thinking about going back for a paralegal associate's. Because art is NOT fun when it's your job. Whoever said "He who gets a job doing what he loves, never works a day in his life" obviously was unemployed, the lyin' fuck.

#58 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 April 2012 - 11:58 PM

But I'm guessing doing art under pressure / for a living isn't the most fun thing to do... unlike say someone who loves fixing cars, restoring cars etc gets a job as a mechanic/car restorer, where there is generally plenty of business for it not to be overly pressured in order to pay bills.

My stepdad said that once he became a professional mechanic instead of just doing it for projects, it became mind-numbing, particularly if he had to deal with customers personally (he works for the city of [redacted] as a fleet mechanic and works most often on firetrucks, lately). There's plenty of business for artists too--mostly graphic artists, and even then, the average company prefers a freelancer or a contract term, instead of a full-time steady job. There's plenty of work, but not much security.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 03 April 2012 - 12:00 AM.

#59 OriginalFake

OriginalFake
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

I was a bio major, but i switched to computer science :).

#60 AlexWhite

AlexWhite
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm an illustration major, with an emphasis on video game concept.
I'm not yet that great of an artist, but one day i hope to be

#61 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

I have a bachelors degree in computer science. I plan on getting my masters in a couple of years. Getting some real world experience first :p.

#62 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

BS Animal Sciences with pre-vet option. Will be dropping out temporarilyto get skill training in vet technology and hopefully come back to finish up once I can afford to take the year off to get in-state tuition.

Pretty much the same thing, Bachelor of Animal and Veterinary Biosciences, (3 years)
then off to do 4 years postgrad of Doctor of Veterinary Medicine.

Thought I'd take a break between the two and get work experience as well.
The second course is too competitive and I don't think I'd be able to get in without extra credentials

#63 Pavin

Pavin
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm working on a BA! Honours in French, Major in Spanish, and a Minor in Psychology. :wub:

#64 staticlul

staticlul
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:30 AM

Studying for BSc in Mechanical Engineering at the moment, 2nd year. :)

#65 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 02:54 PM

I'm studying Biology. Plan to pursue a career in genetic counseling. Tons of years of school ahead for me -_-

#66 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Bachelors Degree in Digital Media. Wooo

#67 Aard

Aard
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 09:03 AM

Going into a libreral arts/computer science double major to get the bachelors degree, and then 3 years of law school to pass the bar.

#68 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

engineering, first year general, probably going into chemical (or petroleum MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY)

#69 Redblade

Redblade
  • 1459 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

I guess I'm the only idiot doing a double major in Accounting and Finance with a minor in Internal Audit.

Not nearly as much fun as it sounds to be :p

Heh. Second person to double major in Accountancy and Finance too! Currently on exchange in HEC Montreal but I'll be heading back to my home country soon. Sucks :( Had loads of fun in exchange.

#70 Kuragehime

Kuragehime
  • 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2012 - 01:32 AM

I've got a BSc in chemistry but I'm working on my second degree. Decided I didn't want to pursue graduate studies so I entered the nursing program; I'm almost done! :D

#71 Zoolu4

Zoolu4
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

About to finish up my second year as a CS major.

#72 ddown

ddown
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 04:33 PM

I'm about to graduate and I'll finally have my BA in English.

#73 Arcturus

Arcturus
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:00 PM

I'm a third year doubling up in Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (because masochism wasn't a degree option!)

#74 HeavyMouf

HeavyMouf
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2012 - 09:09 AM

Going to be majoring in graphic design, anything to do with professionalizing Photoshop I could do for a living Posted Image

#75 Zee

Zee
  • 49 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

I'm in my 3rd year of MBBS. The road ahead seems so long though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users