NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 05:47 PM

Probably cause that would be extremely uncomfortable, not to mention difficult

Then you're doing it wrong.

Anyway,
I believe in God and all that religious stuff (Disciple of Christ with education in most other religions), but I also think it's not MY (nor the governments', nor Glen Beck's, etc, etc) place to tell gays what they can and can't do. Part of being human is free will, and if your will is being a homosexual, then go for it. It's not my place to say if it's wrong or not, because I have no idea. That being said, I also don't care too much. I think there are much bigger things to worry about than what people do in the privacy of their bedroom. As for gay marriage, also not my place to decide if that's right or wrong. What would be wrong would be if the government forced religious officials to perform the ceremonies when it is explicitly against their religion. What is wrong is for people to tell children their parents are going to hell for being in love with each other. There are scads of other things that are more wrong than making a life choice that doesn't hurt anyone and may not even be wrong.

#52 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:01 PM

As a somewhat openly gay high school student, I believe that everyone deserves to be able to openly love whoever they want to. I come from a part of the United States where most lesbian, bisexual, gay, whatever people have to hide who they are because it is somewhat frowned upon. When I started going to the school I was at, students who were openly gay were called Fag or Queer or whatever in the hallway, it was awful. Nobody did anything to stand up for them or whatever. Later on through the year, more and more students started coming out. I eventually came out to friends and such too. Now they'res a pretty good sized community of us at my school. We stick up for each other. Sure, people may still pick on us and shit, but thats going to happen. People are hateful. If there's something about you that goes against what they think is "right," they're going to pitch a fit about it. All that matters is for the LBGT youth to understand that they're not alone, and there are people out there that are just like them, going through what they are.
And, of course, video related.

#53 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:09 PM

Now they'res a pretty good sized community of us at my school. We stick up for each other.

Posted Image

#54 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:13 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#55 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:26 PM

Sure, people may still pick on us and shit, but thats going to happen.

Exactly. Even if you weren't gay, they'd still pick on you. It's the hair. It's just begging for ridicule.

I don't think anyone's sexuality defines them as a person. It's just another trait that makes us all different. Some people have brown hair. Some people get tattoos. Some people enjoy having their nipples pinched. Some people are asexual and avoid human contact at all costs. But when you deny anyone rights you grant to others, just because of those certain differences, that's when it's wrong. You're black, you drink from this water fountain. You're a woman, you can't vote. You're gay, you cannot get married. What's the difference?  

#56 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:33 PM

Seeing how this is in the Chit-Chat section, I'm not going to read a single post, and state that homosexuality should be a crime punishable with death.

#57 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

Seeing how this is in the Chit-Chat section, I'm not going to read a single post, and state that homosexuality should be a crime punishable with death.

Oh my. I didn't even notice, I just clicked it from the front page. And here I was, trying to talk like an adult. Pshaw.

#58 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 06:57 PM

Yeah this should probably be moved to debate chat since it is more of a debate on homosexuality, the effects, and social interaction responses to homosexuals.

#59 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

Fairly hard to 'listen' to something when I can't 'hear' what you or others are saying. If in fact I were to read what was said, where oh mighty master of the interwebz and all that is knowledgeable, would I find the information in the previous posts to educate myself?
The saying "Twat? I cunt hear you." comes to mind right now.

Picking up the difference between the colloquial use of "listen", and the literal meaning really only further serves to demonstrate my point.
That's not to mention the bitter irony of you then going on to say that "if [you] were to read what was said" which, of course, you can do no more than listen to what was written.
If you'd like to cultivate the reputation of being a smart-arse, I humbly suggest you practise in private, until you're good at it.

If you were truly interested in finding out whether your views on marriage and abortion were rational, or even internally consistent, there is a wealth of information on the internet. That is, after all, what it's for.

That said, if you've suddenly changed your mind, or you'd like to see if your beliefs can hold up against the cold light of reality, then feel free to restate them in full.
It'll save time later.

#60 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 12:48 AM

I believe Ireland or Iceland has/had a gay political leader. Also, if homosexuality were not such an issue, why then would America still be struggling with whether or not to allow same-sex marriage?

That's Iceland, they've elected an openly lesbian prime minister. This should be followed with the fact that Iceland is just about the most insignificant and insular country on Earth, but still.

That's the same viewpoint people have against homosexuality. "It's creepy and wrong" etc...their situation makes everything different because under no circumstances should they be allowed to carry on sexual relationships with minors. But at the same time you have to concede that having those desires isn't wrong; it's just the way they are. That's off topic but I just wanted to put it out there.

The difference being that homosexual relationships typically exist between consenting adults. Unequal power relationships, like those between a priest and an altar boy or other NAMBLA type situations, are not comparable simply because the power dynamic is not comparable. Apples to oranges my friend.

Anyway,
I believe in God and all that religious stuff (Disciple of Christ with education in most other religions), but I also think it's not MY (nor the governments', nor Glen Beck's, etc, etc) place to tell gays what they can and can't do. Part of being human is free will, and if your will is being a homosexual, then go for it. It's not my place to say if it's wrong or not, because I have no idea. That being said, I also don't care too much. I think there are much bigger things to worry about than what people do in the privacy of their bedroom. As for gay marriage, also not my place to decide if that's right or wrong. What would be wrong would be if the government forced religious officials to perform the ceremonies when it is explicitly against their religion. What is wrong is for people to tell children their parents are going to hell for being in love with each other. There are scads of other things that are more wrong than making a life choice that doesn't hurt anyone and may not even be wrong.

I don't know where to start. God and all that religious stuff sounds awfully vague for something you profess to believe in. Moreover, DoC with education in most other religions is equally vague. I doubt you know much about Islam or Buddhism. More likely, you know a little about other versions of Christianity or perhaps Judaism, which don't really count as strictly separate religions (in my opinion) unless you know something about Mormonism and their planet-harem-after-death scheme, which I won't get into at present.

You are correct that it is not your place to say whether or not it is wrong. Where you get off track is where you say that being homosexual is an act of will. It isn't. In any sense of the word. That's like saying I chose to be white.

All that aside, I think you're on the right side of the issue. I simply think that if you want to argue for something, you should know what you're arguing for.

#61 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 03:58 AM

I don't know where to start. God and all that religious stuff sounds awfully vague for something you profess to believe in.

Which is why I clarified with the branch of Christianity I belong to and believe in.

Moreover, DoC with education in most other religions is equally vague. I doubt you know much about Islam or Buddhism. More likely, you know a little about other versions of Christianity or perhaps Judaism, which don't really count as strictly separate religions (in my opinion) unless you know something about Mormonism and their planet-harem-after-death scheme, which I won't get into at present.

In high school, I was absolutely fixated with religion and would go to multiple churches a week and interrogated the crap out of anyone remotely religious about their religion. So yes, Catholicism, Judaism, Jehovah's Witnesses, the branches of LDS, Islam, Hindu, Buddhism, Taoism, and many branches of Christianity are all something I can talk about factually.... I didn't grow up in a tiny town, I just ended up in one. Everyone has their hobbies, which they know and seek to learn a lot about. One of mine happens to be religion.

But I'm not talking about what other people believe. I'm talking about what I believe.

You are correct that it is not your place to say whether or not it is wrong. Where you get off track is where you say that being homosexual is an act of will. It isn't. In any sense of the word. That's like saying I chose to be white.

No, because you can choose not to have sex with your partners. It's not like being white, it'd be more like being the quintessential white whiner. You can choose half of it, just not the other.

If you want to be a technical jack, gay marriages that aren't done in the eyes of God are sins against Him, even when you take out the gay parts. If you can't get married, then you're having premarital sex.

All that aside, I think you're on the right side of the issue. I simply think that if you want to argue for something, you should know what you're arguing for.

I know what I'm arguing for, thanks. But it's nice to know you got my back when you think I'm screwing it up.
(That said, I believe the purpose of debates is to change the other person's mind.)

Edited by Napiform, 05 April 2012 - 04:03 AM.

#62 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:08 AM

I've often wondered why people think that the most powerful being in existance gives a monkeys where I put my willy and when.

#63 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:20 AM

#64 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

I've often wondered why people think that the most powerful being in existance gives a monkeys where I put my willy and when.

He wants you to have babies. The entire purpose of every relationship is to have babies. God wants us all to have babies. That's why homosexuallity is unnatural. You can't make a baby by wasting your seed in another man's ass. Why would God make homos? He wants us to multiply. This is why I personally think people who are infertile or have erectile dysfunction should be shunned like the gays. It is unnatural to create a baby via in vitro fertilization and it is unnatural to get an erection with medication that increases blood flow to your lifeless penis. Just be fertile like the rest of us. Just get an erection like the rest of us. Just be straight like the rest of us. If you can't do it on your own, use the strength of prayer! That oughtta get your dick hard. 

#65 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:00 AM

He wants you to have babies. The entire purpose of every relationship is to have babies. God wants us all to have babies. That's why homosexuallity is unnatural. You can't make a baby by wasting your seed in another man's ass. Why would God make homos? He wants us to multiply. This is why I personally think people who are infertile or have erectile dysfunction should be shunned like the gays. It is unnatural to create a baby via in vitro fertilization and it is unnatural to get an erection with medication that increases blood flow to your lifeless penis. Just be fertile like the rest of us. Just get an erection like the rest of us. Just be straight like the rest of us. If you can't do it on your own, use the strength of prayer! That oughtta get your dick hard.

This is beautiful.

#66 EveMazing

EveMazing
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:20 AM

I think you should have equal rights no matter your sexual orientation. Why shouldn't two men or two women be allowed to get married? Because your religion says its wrong? It's a piece of paper, what does it affect you if that's how they want to express their love for each other?

It is my own personal opinion that I do not want to get married until all types of people have equal rights. This is America where we have freedom of just about everything but nothing is fucking free here. You're discriminated against and looked down upon because of your race/gender/orientation/etc. It really disgusts me, well most human beings do in general.

I completely agree with this.
And being gay isn't a choice. I don't choose to be attracted to women any more than a straight woman chooses to be attracted to men. You can't tell me, "Find this man sexually attractive" because I won't. You can't tell a gay man, "Find this woman sexually attractive" because he can't just like any straight person can't choose to be sexually, physically, emotionally attracted to someone of the same sex. Tell a black person to be white, they can't. Tell a gay person to be straight, they can't. Some can hide it, and make it look real but that's not who they are and I'm sure there aren't happy doing that. I wouldn't be. Just like a straight person wouldn't be happy having to hide that they are straight. No one should have to hide who they are. Everyone deserves to be happy.

Edited by EveMazing, 05 April 2012 - 07:20 AM.

#67 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

I prayed REALLY HARD last night! :)

#68 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:33 AM

I prayed REALLY HARD last night! :)

Is that what they're calling it nowadays?

#69 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:58 AM

I think that anyone who lets someone's gender ultimately determine whether they are or are not attracted to them on whatever level is hamstringing their own enlightenment.

I see people who are strictly gay as on the same level as people who are strictly straight. The fact that you are gay doesn't make you any more open-minded.

And as for the "being gay isn't a choice" thing, I have known many, many people (both men and women) who have made the conscious decision to be gay to rebel, to feel more alive, or to get attention. Being gay is not something that is unavoidable, or something that is impossible for people who were not "born into it."

#70 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

I think that anyone who lets someone's gender ultimately determine whether they are or are not attracted to them on whatever level is hamstringing their own enlightenment.

I see people who are strictly gay as on the same level as people who are strictly straight. The fact that you are gay doesn't make you any more open-minded.

And as for the "being gay isn't a choice" thing, I have known many, many people (both men and women) who have made the conscious decision to be gay to rebel, to feel more alive, or to get attention. Being gay is not something that is unavoidable, or something that is impossible for people who were not "born into it."

I make a conscious decision never to have someone's cunt in my face, but that doesn't mean I'm avoiding being gay. I make that decision because I'm straight.

#71 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:20 AM

I make a conscious decision never to have someone's cunt in my face, but that doesn't mean I'm avoiding being gay. I make that decision because I'm straight.

Cunts are smelly and there is nothing pretty about them. Let's be honest

#72 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 08:42 AM

Cunts are smelly and there is nothing pretty about them. Let's be honest

Lesbians and straight men seem to like them. :p I apologize for using this tongue emoticon while talking about vaginas.

I know there are people who "make a choice" to be gay or to be bi. It was like, the hottest thing to do when I was in middle school. Goddamn, everyone wanted me to be their girlfriend, and all I wanted to do was be left out of it. Gays can be dishonest too. There are closeted gays too worried about persecution, or who have been taught homosexuality is wrong, and they enter a marriage with a partner they will never be sexually attracted to. They have families and live this lie until they find the strength to be truthful. Homosexuality needs to stop being so taboo so that everyone can finally just be honest and live their lives without all this shit getting in the way.

#73 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:12 PM

I'd go gay for you after reading that post.

Edited by Adam, 05 April 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#74 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:28 PM

You do know punk's a...
Oh screw it, who am I kidding

#75 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

That said, if you've suddenly changed your mind, or you'd like to see if your beliefs can hold up against the cold light of reality, then feel free to restate them in full.

Yeah. Didn't think so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users