Ritzwin's Daily Doer

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#26 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

I've already got anchor... I've been putting off forgotten shore for a while... but I really should get on that one, thanks I'll add it.

Some crazy cool features coming up in the next version. The daily doer has turned into a bit of a babysitter in this version, cause I certainly hate my neopets being hungry or unhappy Posted Image ! (probably the saturday after this coming saturday)
I'm debating whether or not to add the referrer page to all the page visits... let me know what you guys think. It's a bit safer to include the referrer, but kind of annoying to program (instead of just visiting X, I've gotta visit X 'from' Y). If I end up including it in a future version, the only way I can see TNT detecting this is via suspicion.

I personally think that it's a little pointless, especially for a daily do-er.

#27 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:23 PM

I personally think that it's a little pointless, especially for a daily do-er.

I agree to the extent that it's unnecessary, but certainly not pointless. Should TNT ever decide to do the "reasonable" thing and simply grep their logs for referrer-less requests that could not possibly have been made legitimately, thousands upon thousands could potentially be frozen. It is incredibly unlikely that they will ever do this, but it makes sending the header along a useful precaution, however minor.

#28 Talix

Talix
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:00 PM

I enter in my login details, but nothing happens after awhile?

#29 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:16 PM

I enter in my login details, but nothing happens after awhile?

It should eventually load. If it doesn't (within 10 seconds max), my guess is that neopets is down. I've had it hang at the login screen for a while sometimes, only to manually check that neopets was currently down :(

#30 Yosh

Yosh
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:39 AM

It should eventually load. If it doesn't (within 10 seconds max), my guess is that neopets is down. I've had it hang at the login screen for a while sometimes, only to manually check that neopets was currently down Posted Image

Can you add the forgotten shore?

#31 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

I may actually begin doing dailies because of this :p Thanks for the contribution.

Edited by cronus, 09 May 2012 - 06:02 AM.

#32 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:53 AM

After a bit of usage, I realised that I don't care about how many picoseconds it took to do something.

May I suggest using:
  • The decimal module, then round what you need.
  • Some place-limiting string formatting. (see Appendix A).
  • Doing some sort of hacking with a list (see Appendix B).

Appendices:

A:

some_shitty_float = 1.2523412315243657
shit = 'shitty'
nice = 'nice'
string1 = 'Hello, I am a string and I contain a %s float: %f.'
string2 = 'Hello, I am a string and I contain a %s float: %.2f'
print1 = print string1 % (shit, some_shitty_float)
print2 = print string2 % (nice, some_shitty_float)
if len(print1) =< len(print2): put_in_GUI = string1
elif len(print1) < len(print2): put_in_GUI = string2
else: raise SystemError
# Because this should NOT happen unless you modify the earlier code.

B:

float = 1.23526435784659
float = list(float)
while len(float) < 3:
	float.remove(float[-1]) # Not sure if this will work, but you can understand anyway.
join.float() # Not sure if this needs to be done either.

Edited by Russell, 09 May 2012 - 07:53 AM.

#33 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:17 AM

Can you add the forgotten shore?

Probably next release.

I may actually begin doing dailies because of this :p Thanks for the contribution.

thx for the appreciation :)

After a bit of usage, I realised that I don't care about how many picoseconds it took to do something.

May I suggest using:

• The decimal module, then round what you need.
  • Some place-limiting string formatting. (see Appendix A).
  • Doing some sort of hacking with a list (see Appendix B).

Appendices:

A:

some_shitty_float = 1.2523412315243657
shit = 'shitty'
nice = 'nice'
string1 = 'Hello, I am a string and I contain a %s float: %f.'
string2 = 'Hello, I am a string and I contain a %s float: %.2f'
print1 = print string1 % (shit, some_shitty_float)
print2 = print string2 % (nice, some_shitty_float)
if len(print1) =< len(print2): put_in_GUI = string1
elif len(print1) < len(print2): put_in_GUI = string2
else: raise SystemError
# Because this should NOT happen unless you modify the earlier code.

B:

float = 1.23526435784659
float = list(float)
while len(float) < 3:
	float.remove(float[-1]) # Not sure if this will work, but you can understand anyway.
join.float() # Not sure if this needs to be done either.

Are you sure you have the newest version, I got rid of that I thought. (maybe it's only in the un-released version to be out in the next week or two)

#34 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:50 AM

Are you sure you have the newest version, I got rid of that I thought. (maybe it's only in the un-released version to be out in the next week or two)

Well, I download the source code .zip (you totally need to gzip/bzip that by the way :p ) about halfway through April, if that makes a difference?

#35 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Well, I download the source code .zip (you totally need to gzip/bzip that by the way :p ) about halfway through April, if that makes a difference?

Lol, aight, i'll gzip then bzip it just for you next time :p

I thought I'd taken out the stupid random numbers a while ago... hmmm. Should be fixed in the next one I hope (I've not seen them for a while on the code I'm running).
Next version has a settings window... so the main window isn't as cluttered, and more options XD

#36 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:25 PM

Lol, aight, i'll gzip then bzip it just for you next time :p

I thought I'd taken out the stupid random numbers a while ago... hmmm. Should be fixed in the next one I hope (I've not seen them for a while on the code I'm running).
Next version has a settings window... so the main window isn't as cluttered, and more options XD

Thanks man. ;)
Sounds nice, I hope to see what it looks like. :)

P.S. Just wanted to say I've learnt a nice few things from your code - thanks buddy. :)

#37 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 07:47 AM

Thanks man. ;)
Sounds nice, I hope to see what it looks like. :)

P.S. Just wanted to say I've learnt a nice few things from your code - thanks buddy. :)

Thx, happy I could help!

#38 jsmithson

jsmithson
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:49 AM

Great, great job on this! Thank you!

Only things I've noticed so far that are a bit odd:

"Plushie Of Prosperity -> You wait around for a bit, but nothing seems to happen. Best be on your way., You wait around for a bit, but nothing seems to happen. Best be on your way."

"Lunar Temple -> ga_pave_moon"

But these aren't huge problems - and again, thanks! :D

EDIT: Oh, and I have a 'Crypt of Chance' scratchcard in my inventory - newly purchased, but not played. Is it supposed to be used?

Edited by jsmithson, 15 May 2012 - 09:58 AM.

#39 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

Ya, you bought it... I was THINKING of actually playing the scratchcards... but that's a 'nice to have' and won't be implemented for a good bit of time.
Before that- I've got to actually put in a scheduler and add the last few dailies/etc. And other stuff that isn't really considered a daily (like selling stocks that are over X price).
A cool feature from the next version:
Options -ability to change the max price of stocks it will buy you (by default it chooses the lowest price stock, but sometimes there isn't 15np stocks)
ability to put ALL items into shop after the daily doer is done.
Before I release it- I'm also currently implementing a feature that allows you to feed the omelette you get to your pet!

This daily doer has become more of a baby-sitter ;)

#40 jsmithson

jsmithson
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:54 AM

Haha, sounds good :)

#41 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

Question...
Should I post this in the public neopets programs or is there a route I have to take first in order to post this there?

I'm wrapping up the latest features that I've implemented for this latest build, and should hopefully have the newest version out soon.

#42 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Question...
Should I post this in the public neopets programs or is there a route I have to take first in order to post this there?

I'm wrapping up the latest features that I've implemented for this latest build, and should hopefully have the newest version out soon.

There is a 'route' - but it's quite complicated.

The way I interpreted it, is that there's been a lot of stuff about this issue in the past: rather than accept any program from the community into their program listings, the Codex administration has decided to restrict the programming for Neocodex to their own (current) programming team. I can't remember the exact reasons for this, but they were probably good ones. Due to this, only those people with ranks of Programmer (and up, I think) are allowed to distribute any programs for Neocodex, and even then, ought to be done via the Program Manager and all of the other protocols and/or hurdles that implies.

Of course, you can always ask to become a Jr. Programmer/Programmer/Contributor (however the system works now), or ask the administration if there's any other way this could be done. Naturally, I have no idea whether this would be worthwhile, but it's worth a shot, right?

#43 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Hmm... yea, might not be worth the effort :lol2:
Meh, I guess less people using it is better anyways

#44 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Next version is almost ready. I'm continuously testing it :)
However, I won't release it until I get advanced, so I've made a trade topic:

http://www.neocodex....ership-1-month/

#45 kamelonu

kamelonu
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:11 PM

http://www.neocodex....s/#entry1596897

Pay by NP
Many of our members don't have PayPal accounts or just have so much NP that they would rather purchase advanced membership through their Neopoints. We have now enabled a workaround for members like this. You can now PM Ivysaur (formerly Pikachuu) with your request. Ivysaur will accept your NP and purchase a gift voucher for you which you can use to set up advanced membership for yourself.

If anyone else would like to help us out by accepting NP in return for purchasing advanced for users, please let me know and I will add you to the list on the description of the advanced membership packages.

http://www.neocodex.us/forum/user/42361-ivysaur/

#46 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

So I've neglected to update this with a new version for a while- however it is still in the works, just addressing some bugs from neopets that are annoying (like when you hit a submit button and it does nothing).

But here's a preview that unveils some of the new functionality :) :

Posted Image

Edited by RitzWin, 20 October 2012 - 11:28 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users