Quantcast

Photo

My name is Rachel...and...I'm a clownfish?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

Surely reaching a certain amount of negative reputation would lead to a eureka moment, when they realise what a pest they are. And we all know you have to acknowledge you have a problem before you can attempt to fix the problem.

Surely being ostracised by most of a community, which is the eventual result of being an asshat, has more of an effect on someone than some silly negative reputation points, I would think.

The ones that have some hope of rehabilitation are the ones that we are trying to positively reinforce. :thumbsup: There's little hope for the ones that have bigger issues.

EDIT: We did come up with plans for a downvote modification, that would cause your post to disappear if enough people downvoted it. That would be an interesting experiment. :whistling:

#27 lackofaith

lackofaith
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

Positive reinforcement by itself is not enough to mould an individual's behaviour.

Think about it. Would he who argues be such a parasite if he had -1000 rep points? Surely reaching a certain amount of negative reputation would lead to a eureka moment, when they realise what a pest they are. And we all know you have to acknowledge you have a problem before you can attempt to fix the problem.

This is what I was thinking, exactly. An obnoxious person gets a lot of attention. When positive rep points are the only thing possible, naturally a loudmouth would get a lot. They see this, and the behavior is reinforced, regardless of his good:bad post ratio he's putting out.
That's probably not coherent at all, but
Basically, it would foster more of a healthy system, in theory, than one where the loudest, most aggressive posters get most of the rep.
Disregard if I don't know what I'm talking about.

REVELATION:
OH ego, how strong thou art.

#28 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

EDIT: We did come up with plans for a downvote modification, that would cause your post to disappear if enough people downvoted it. That would be an interesting experiment. :whistling:

I can definitely see that one being abused for certain people. :p

#29 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:32 AM

She fell of the radar a while ago.

Apparently her "life" was more important.

i still lurk. And Hi Rachel :)

#30 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:42 AM

i still lurk. And Hi Rachel :)

Oh mah gawd.

#31 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:10 AM

Oh mah gawd.

I can come on codex in work now :) so I tend to be on here monday - friday for a little bit, keeping up with the gossip! Not that there is much anymore..... *shakes fist at efficient admins*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users