Quantcast

Photo

Who should be considered Upstanding Codexians?

• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

#51 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

It was a poor attempt at trolling no one chose to acknowledge besides you, bravo.

We're training the trolls of tomorrow, look at that! Sweeney is teaching in our hypothetical real world community.

Admit it, though. It is all you wanted to hear.

#52 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

No it's not.

Napiform and I thought it would spark interesting conversation so I shared it.

Admittedly it is an interesting hypothetical scenario.

#53 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:17 PM

Right before Napiform fell asleep and forgot most of what you were talking about, and right after it took you 15 minutes to explain what an upstanding citizen is?
It sounds like she was enthralled.

#54 phantomphreak

phantomphreak
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:33 AM

Coming from a guy who has his own 'appreciation thread' makes your comment less valid and insulting then what it probably should be / was meant to be...

Edited by phantomphreak, 07 May 2012 - 12:34 AM.

#55 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

Coming from a guy who has his own 'appreciation thread' makes your comment less valid and insulting then what it probably should be / was meant to be...

I can only assume you haven't actually read that thread.

#56 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:31 AM

...No. Gatsby was the super rich playboy from humble beginnings. Rich from smuggling liquor during prohibition, not conning anyone.

Stupid idea anyway. You two don't know the first thing about what it is to be an "upstanding citizen" Your little popularity contest is cool and all, but we have two ways of recognizing people here at codex, advanced member and retired member. If we needed advice on who to promote, we'd ask for it. This is just a public statement of where your sympathies lie. It's your right and all, but totally unnecessary.

Ahhh I love that book.

What about staff positions, though? :whistling:

I got what I wanted to read out of the first post, now it's just entertaining to see people bicker about the meaning of the thread heh

#57 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:03 AM

First time I've seen this thread - personally, I'm slightly disappointed.
Like Elindoril originally said, and I agree for the most part, this is basically a popularity contest.

However, I have to say that Yung would be the most 'upstanding', simply due to the amount of content he contributes to this site. Signposts (guides) everywhere...

#58 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:05 AM

For me, Yung is a bit like Taylor Doose from the Gilmore Girls.

#59 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:08 AM

Posted Image

#60 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:28 AM

Posted Image

Not sure if it's directed to the whole thread or Sweeney's reference to Gilmore Girls.

#61 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

This is like watching the weird kids in high school pick people for their lunch table.

#62 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:41 AM

This is like watching the weird kids in high school pick people for their lunch table.

Does Nymh have to wear pink on Fridays, now?

#63 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:42 AM

Does Nymh have to wear pink on Fridays, now?

It's already a requirement for all staff members to wear pink on Fridays. Thanks Noit. <_<

#64 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:48 AM

However, I have to say that Yung would be the most 'upstanding', simply due to the amount of content he contributes to this site. Signposts (guides) everywhere...

Posted Image

#65 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:49 AM

Posted Image

I can't stop watching this - her beauty is mesmerising!

As far as 'upstanding' goes maybe Pyro?

(also this thread is like ego-stroking central xD Yung just wants to butter everyone's muffins)

#66 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

Turns out he buys people Advanced too.
Or lies about it.

#67 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:53 AM

(also this thread is like ego-stroking central xD Yung just wants to butter everyone's muffins)

Now, that is a mental picture I did not want. Congratulations trizzle, you bested even my dirty mind. :(

Turns out he buys people Advanced too.
Or lies about it.

I said, "give me 3 minutes for proof of purchase"! :p

Edited by Russell, 07 May 2012 - 05:54 AM.

#68 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

I said, "give me 3 minutes for proof of purchase"! :p

I sent this before reading the PM.

#69 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:02 AM

I sent this before reading the PM.

Well, never mind anyway - I've got it. :)

#70 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:13 AM

Since this was obviously an attempt at Yung to start a thread which would revolve around him, I think I shall further humour him.

This is why you featured on my list.
Thanks for advanced, Yung.

Spoiler

Oh wait
Spoiler

Edited by cronus, 07 May 2012 - 06:14 AM.

#71 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:16 AM

When I think "Upstanding Citizen" + Codexian, these are the first names that pop into my mind.

Your list shows you clearly do not know the people who frequent this board. While I personally like everyone on your list, they will all bring havoc and destruction to your village. I love Scot to death, but he's no angel. Nymh behaves very well, but she's a mod and is only nice to you because she has to be. Dolly is a creeper and a stalker. Turnip and Mish are nice and all, but there's a dark side to Mish. Not Turnip, though. She is pure and innocent. And that's something that should be cause for alarm in itself!

Clearly those of you who think Pyro is upstanding have never seen his collection of dildos. Waser is fair and all knowing, but he's racist against the Jews.

The truth is, there are no upstanding citizens here on Neocodex, no matter how hard you press your lips to someone's asscheeks and I'll tell you why: This is a cheating forum. Every single person that comes here for Abrosia, Mystery Pic answers or just to 'socialize' like FreedomPenguin... every single person here is a cheating, no good, dirty, Godless asshole!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXJ_QsquRZ8

#72 phantomphreak

phantomphreak
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:21 AM

I don't get cronus' screenshots... so did Russel pay for the advanced, or did Yung?

#73 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:23 AM

I don't get cronus' screenshots... so did Russel pay for the advanced, or did Yung?

Me, and like in the display name above all of my posts, on my profile and literally everywhere I go, my name has two Ls in it. :)

And to prbm, I absolutely love the whole of your post. I'm only saying this because I ran out of reps. :p

Edited by Russell, 07 May 2012 - 06:26 AM.

#74 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

Russell paid, as can be seen by his proof of payment.

#75 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:25 AM

Who the fuck cares paid for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users