Badass

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:34 AM

Diablo 3 will take America by storm in 2 days. I personally have been waiting for this game since 2000 or so.

Are you guys excited? Why or why not?

Did you try the beta?

What class do you wanna be and why?

Any complaints/fears?

I'm excited as hell because I've waited 12 years for this game and now that it's finally here, I don't know how to contain myself. The beta was really cool and I like the direction that Diablo moved in. I played all of the classes on the beta and I must say that the Mage is the most fun I've had with a spell caster in a while, so I'll definitely be going that route. My only complaint is that there is a lot more light in this game as compared to Diablo II which added the horror game feel to it.

#2 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:05 AM

My new computer is scheduled to arrive on Diablo 3 release date. This can only mean one thing...

#3 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

Pre-ordered and ready to go. My trusty Radeon 5870 is locked and loaded.

#4 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 08:46 AM

I ordered both the collector's edition and standard, paying an extra $80 or so for the skull and USB =p

Based on my experience during the open beta, I was going to start with demon hunter,
I've always liked running around enemies and chipping away at their health whilst they try in vain to corner me.

Too bad, we have to wait until 5.00pm for the servers to be online (in aus)
that's just around the time I get ready for work.

My main concern is whether the servers will be able to host so many players at once, they struggled during the open beta initially...

#5 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Lol I been waiting a decade for this game.
When diablo 2 came out, I played it, loved it so much, I emailed blizzard asking if there was going to be a number 3.
I guess a decade ago, they had no plans of it, cause that's what they had said to me.
Now here we are.
Aaand I just realized I'm old as f.

#6 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

I remember playing D2 back in 2000 and hearing about the LoD expansion pack and being so excited to get it... I played Diablo throughout grades 8-12 and most recently played again back in 2009 when I found my old install disks lying around.

I'm going to have to get the Mac version of this game and hope it doesn't suck as my old PC is getting dated and I don't want to subject it to such a task. I only wish I still had the free time that I had back in the early 2000's to play games.

P.s. We should get a codex group together on any given server so we can play together!

#7 Cythose

Cythose
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 79 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:19 PM

Gonna blow my whole summer in front of my comp screen for this :unsure:

#8 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:38 PM

Stuff from Blizzard is on the horizon for years.

#9 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:00 PM

I have had it pre-ordered since october 25th.

I'm getting the Collectors Edition.

I have bought: http://imgur.com/d1v0u

I have made a giant batch of chili so that i only need to warm it up to eat.

I'm going to my friends house for the night with my tower to play it for 48+ hours (straight).

I have gotten my fiance to bring me anything i need during that time.

---
I'll be playing a Barbarian, my release party will also consist of a wizard and 2 demon hunters.
You dont really need to ask me if im excited, it should be quite obvious.
I had the beta for several months, and all the bullshit people have been talking about is are kids who are scared that they wont be able to get a character to level 95 in under 12 hours (i use to do this with diablo 2 xD). I have read a ton of forum posts about people wanting this changed and wanting that changed all so that it can be like diablo 2... This is diablo 3 and it is going to be a unique experience all on its own.
I'm very excited to see how the RMAH will work out, i also like being able to see ALL of the stats for my character. I remember in diablo 2 i had a mod (i forget the name) that told me my total characters MF (it was usually around 600%). Now it seems all of that is built into the game... Very wicked!
---

I think ill be ready ;) See those of you who are also getting it in sanctuary
~Cody

#10 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:22 PM

Pyro,

You seem like you have been keeping up with the game quite well! I currently use a magic trackpad instead of a mouse on my Mac. Does D3 require a great deal of clicking? I also have the Apple Magic Mouse but it is difficult to right click. Will I need to be right clicking on the game as I did in D2? Have you heard anyone have any problems with D3 Beta for Mac? I have the TOTL 2011 iMac (16GB of RAM, 3.4GHz i7 processor, Radeon HD 6970M 2GB, etc.) so I'm not concerned with hardware limitations, simply OS conflicts.... Any and all advice on the matter would be appreciated! (I may just have to buy an old USB mouse for my Mac for this game! :p)

P.s. I will also be playing as a barbarian for my first class. I really like the Monk and Wizard as well! (I actually feel like the classes are the same as D2... though I think that is an excellent thing. :D)

Now if only I didn't have to go to work or have a lady friend.... :p

#11 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:38 PM

Right clicking is not AS fast as diablo 2 because the spells have cool-downs... But it does require a ton of left clicking (as did diablo 2). Some of the spells are also set on the numbers 1-4 so it is reduced, but not eliminated.

I have heard some problems, but seeing as i dont own a mac, i didnt look too far into them, your best bet are the battlenet forums.

Advice: Get Windows for Gaming

You mean if only you didn't have a lady friend who was as-into the game as you are ;) Cause this is the only game me and kayla share a deep passion for xD

I played all 5 classes several times throughout the beta and here is my ratings for the classes.

1. Barbarian or Wizard
3. Demon Hunter
4. Monk
5. Witch Doctor

A lot of the people i've played with didnt find the witch doctor that interesting; though we all speculate that it will get some major buff's later on down the road.

#12 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

Collector's Edition

Demon Hunter

#13 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

Looking forward to it. I'll probably be a wizard since that was the only thing I played in the beta.

#14 Metigue

Metigue
  • 689 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:13 PM

I played all 5 classes to 13 multiple times, and got gear such that I could rape the skele king in under 30 seconds with all of them.

IMO:
Monk most OP
Demon hunter most fun

I was always going to play Monk though, I have a release party consisting of one of every class (Including me)

#15 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

The only game I'm waiting for is Half Life 3...

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

The only game I'm waiting for is Half Life 3...

We might just Team Fortress 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 before we get Half Life 3.

#17 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:25 PM

We might just Team Fortress 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 before we get Half Life 3.

I could go for another TF. But I was incredibly pissed when TF2 didn't have aim assistance on the xbox version, made it nearly impossible to play until I sorta got used to it.

#18 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:16 PM

I played all 5 classes to 13 multiple times, and got gear such that I could rape the skele king in under 30 seconds with all of them.

IMO:
Monk most OP
Demon hunter most fun

I was always going to play Monk though, I have a release party consisting of one of every class (Including me)

Max game size is now 4 players... :(

Just bought the Diablo 3 mouse and mousepad as we all pre-purchased and installed the game.... I'm ready for Tuesday night when I'm off work!

#19 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:27 PM

For those of you that do have the diablo 3 steel series mouse; how is it? And is it worth getting? I currently have the razer deathadder currently.

#20 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

Also just picked up two cases (48 bottles) of Bawls!

Posted Image

#21 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:16 PM

My new computer is scheduled to arrive on Diablo 3 release date. This can only mean one thing...

You too, huh? I'm praying mine shows up on Monday. I don't work on Mondays.

I got to play the beta during the open weekend, but that's it. I only played it to see if my off-the-shelf laptop would run it, and once I found out it will, I freaked the fuck out and amped up my efforts to sell my car and got that shit done in two days and bought a desktop with sixteen gigs of ram and a few other yummies.

... You could say I'm excited for this game.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 13 May 2012 - 10:18 PM.

#22 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:16 PM

You too, huh? I'm praying mine shows up on Monday. I don't work on Mondays.

I got to play the beta during the open weekend, but that's it. I only played it to see if my off-the-shelf laptop would run it, and once I found out it will, I freaked the fuck out and amped up my efforts to sell my car and got that shit done in two days and bought a desktop with sixteen gigs of ram and a few other yummies.

... You could say I'm excited for this game.

Holy shit so you obliquely sold your car for Diablo? Hell is trembling now

#23 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:26 PM

Holy shit so you obliquely sold your car for Diablo? Hell is trembling now

Well, to be fair, I sold it because I'd been planning to sell it once I got a bigger vehicle anyway. But once I found out I could play D3 on my crummy little laptop, played it, and wanted it? I had an excuse to get off my ass and SELL the damn thing, then use more than half the sale money for a desktop of awesomeness.

Edited by cuddlydemon, 13 May 2012 - 11:27 PM.

#24 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:36 PM

I bought this in preparation
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835608018

#25 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards