• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#51 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Getting errors like no tomorrow.. I imagine it'd be awhile before I'm able to tame this beast

#52 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 01:39 AM

I'm in, and I was able to get the name I had wanted my Wizard to have :D Starting tomorrow. Stay classy, Codex.

#53 Vaping

Vaping
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

Hate to burst your bubble, guys, but character names aren't unique in D3. You can even have several characters with the same name.

#54 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

So fellas, Thoughts? Good? Bad? Godly?

#55 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:54 PM

Hate to burst your bubble, guys, but character names aren't unique in D3. You can even have several characters with the same name.

QFE

Very good to know. I won't rush so hard once out of school tomorrow. Any good purchasing options? Any one retailer have exclusive content or anything?

#56 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

QFE

Very good to know. I won't rush so hard once out of school tomorrow. Any good purchasing options? Any one retailer have exclusive content or anything?

Highly doubt it. Blizzard isn't a bitch like that :p

#57 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:11 PM

QFE

Everywhere was the same, I just downloaded my copy.

#58 d4lta

d4lta
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:43 PM

i couldnt even buy one from my local supermarkets, had to pay 45 quid from blizzard, but well worth the money. its the dogs bollox. its been simpled down alot but the combat makes up for it, pretty deeeeeeep maaaaan

#59 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

Posted Image

Not too good on the user side of things :p

#60 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

Not too good on the user side of things :p

People are just mad about the online only DRM and bugs that came about on launch.

Crybabies gonna cry.

#61 Tanpopo

Tanpopo
  • 198 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

People are just mad about the online only DRM and bugs that came about on launch.

Crybabies gonna cry.

I don't play it all and I'm not gonna, but from what I've seen it goes farther than that, as to the whole play style being too casual/cookiecutter and a bunch of other things they hated seeing implemented. Not that I really know since I don't play or stalk anything about the game, but it's pretty hard NOT to find all that type of stuff pretty much.... everywhere xD Plus, they're mad it's 60 dollars for the game, when other games like Torchlight 2 are only 20 dollars. Things like that.

So... how have all your experiences been and your own opinions? xD

#62 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Crybabies gonna cry.

Honestly, I'm fucking pissed about it.

Already I've lagged five times, and now I cant even fucking play the game. Shittiest single player experience I have ever had.

I don't play it all and I'm not gonna, but from what I've seen it goes farther than that, as to the whole play style being too casual/cookiecutter and a bunch of other things they hated seeing implemented. Not that I really know since I don't play or stalk anything about the game, but it's pretty hard NOT to find all that type of stuff pretty much.... everywhere xD Plus, they're mad it's 60 dollars for the game, when other games like Torchlight 2 are only 20 dollars. Things like that.

So... how have all your experiences been and your own opinions? xD

I like the core concepts of the game. I hate that all customization outside of items has been removed. I love the blacksmith. Combat is decent. Game is fairly easy.

Gameplay experience is utter shit. There is no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to play this game right now, and yet here I am, unable to connect to a fucking server because they restarted it.

#63 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:40 PM

Already I've lagged five times

Holy crap! Five times! Don't move to Brazil, they can't even play when the servers are up.

#64 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:41 PM

Holy crap! Five times! Don't move to Brazil, they can't even play when the servers are up.

Yeah, but who needs to play Diablo when you have beautiful Brazilian women everywhere?

(Also, I should clarify that my play time has been just 3 hours, and 5 times I've lagged during that experience)

#65 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

I'm loving this game so far.. yeah there's been some downtime, but I expected it. I haven't been playing single player anyway, I'm always grouped up. I've got my witch doctor to level 23. Normal is easy of course, so I'm excited for Nightmare mode. I've lagged a couple times, but it was hardly noticeable. This game is soooo amazing, I'm willing to be patient when it comes to issues.

#66 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

I got my hands on the poster... now to get the game... next week... maybe. :p

#67 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

I hate all the server downtime but I hope it gets better soon. I'm overall impressed with the quality of the graphics, storyline, and maps so far. The combat is interesting and I am enjoying the game overall right now when I get the chance to play it. I do feel like it was simplified a little too much and I miss being able to stack skills to totally kick ass at whatever skill I choose instead of relying solely on gear atm. Normal has been incredibly easy (as expected) but I look forward to the challenges of Inferno!

#68 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Honestly, I'm fucking pissed about it.

Already I've lagged five times, and now I cant even fucking play the game. Shittiest single player experience I have ever had.

I like the core concepts of the game. I hate that all customization outside of items has been removed. I love the blacksmith. Combat is decent. Game is fairly easy.

Gameplay experience is utter shit. There is no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to play this game right now, and yet here I am, unable to connect to a fucking server because they restarted it.

Yeah. Actually. You're. Right.

They didn't get enough server space for all the 1p games going on. It's a larger file to load each time because of advances in graphics standards, and it's more 1 dimensional than ever. It's a lot of linear loading. And the customization of characters is now going to be, seemingly, what items you're carrying? Or items that you can ACTUALLY BUY which means that there's a secondary market that most players will engage in, if only to cash out when they're done playing. Because there's no tech trees, and you can play any skill set. So it's going to be worth it to save most items. Because each person is going to have two to three characters. Fully leveled (OMG) because it's so easy to switch skills for any particular area. Walkthroughs are going to lay it out for each character and it's done. Really done.

What is endgame going to look like? If it's fucking Baal runs and shit, I'm going to go mad with only 4 people to a game. Here's hoping will there at least be some diversity in the endgame. Smart money says they're saving it all for when wow dies, they can make a diablo MMORPG.

I want to see space marines and cyberized monks in the same MMO.

#69 OriginalFake

OriginalFake
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:55 PM

So far had no problems playing it (bought it last night). Extremely fun, no bullshit with skills trees and stuff which I see as bittersweet. Don't have to deal with deciding what skills to put in, but can't make your character unique. Yes it sucks that the servers are having issues, but why the fuck is it such a big deal. If you waited 10+ years, wait 10 more days to have it completely stabilized. I don't wanna hear that "we paid so it should work instantly". Blizzard can't test the servers unless they have everyone who's gonna buy the game logging on and trying to play, which they obviously can't see until they release the game. I don't understand where all the criticism is coming from, if the game is too easy, then play harder modes. Blizzard is simply trying to expand its pool of customers by not owning the shit out of everyone on the first act.

Keep hating haters, I love the game.

P.S. metacritic user ratings should be taken about as seriously as youtube comments. Who the fuck reads them, and if you do who the fuck cares. The people who post their ratings are gonna be either the majority of crybabies making the score naturally low, or the minority who say the game isn't so bad.

#70 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 May 2012 - 05:24 AM

Bunch of things.

First, on release night my hard drives got corrupted (this was at 2am, 2 hours before the servers went live)... I frantically rushed to try and reformat my computer... 3am rolls around and ive just started to install windows... i get that shit installed and around 3:55am i was still doing the windows updates, i had 20% left to go... My 2 friends (who are in the same room as me) start ctrl+v'ing their pasword into the login screen as quickly as they can so that they can be the first on the server... 3:59 hits, and they both log in and get into a game together... Im still at 15% left to go on downloading the updates (not even installing yet)... So i pace around the room waiting for this shit to hurrt up, and finally around 4:25am im ready to play :D My friends are at the skeleton king, i played that in beta, who gives a fuck right? Yeah, well i got error 30-fucking-7, and i kept getting that error until FINALLY at 5:20am, i got on... So thats an entire hour of listening to my 2 best friends play the game behind me, listening to all the story and wishing i could play :p

Now, the servers have been down several times since then... I've been booted from countless games... I was raped by lag for several minutes (thank god i wasnt playing hardcore)...

Here is my final opinion of this game.... ITS FUCKING AWESOME.... i dont give 2 shits about how much downtime there has been, the epicness of this game makes up for that... EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE knew there would be downtime, dont you dare tell me that "they should have prepaired for this"... If its so easy, call up blizzard and tell them you can do a better job under the same amount of pressure... Think of the position the entire team of techies behind blizzards servers were in... All the hype for the game and they are currently holding everyone back and pissing off the public... Im level 54, Act I, Hell, and stolked to continue on.... I have just as much right as everyone else to complain about the down time, but rather than focusing on the negitivity, im just sitting back enjoying the game that i waited 13 fucking years for... So they delay it a few hours, big deal...

tldr; fuck you the game is awesome!

#71 TamerVirus

TamerVirus
  • 246 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:16 PM

I would invest in this game, but alas my laptop is incapable of processing such awesomeness. I guess I'll stick with good old Diablo 2... I also find it kinda irritating that even freaking single player must be connected to the internet. Yeah sure DRM and all, but still. How long do think it will take before the digital swashbucklers break open this game?

#72 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

The downtime sucks, but the actual gameplay is a lot of fun. The dialogue is super cheesy but I guess it's part of the appeal. Still doing normal, so it's pretty easymode, but I'm enjoying myself, chasing achievements and exploring everywhere. To fully enjoy the game, make sure you have Elective Mode enabled in your preferences. I was so pissed off with the skill selection system until I realized they restricted the spells you can use per slot to make it more "newbie friendly." Once you turn on elective mode, you can select any skill you want in any slot, which means frost nova and diamond skin at the same time for my wizard. :D

#73 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 01:42 AM

Love it!!

Everything so far has gone swimmingly for me! Slight issue with install saying my OS wasnt new enough but my own fault, needed to install service packs.

Only downside to me so far is that the camera angles are a bitch. Also I do quite like a good char customization option. But i heard down the grapevine that that was being brought in soon ish.

Over all i give it 8/10 and theres still loads of content to come!

Not sure how this real money Ah is going to work though...hmmm....

#74 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Anyone normal Mid A3 wanna play? Or anyone want to start a new character with me and run them through? I think I have cleared away all responsibilities for the weekend!

#75 Zaxero

Zaxero
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:40 AM

PLaying Diablo 3 on my brothers battle net trial account. Witch Doctor'in it up!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users