Diablo 3 is on the horizon

Badass

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#76 Vaping

Vaping
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 03:04 PM

Anyone looking for a deeper experience than D3 to satisfy their need for a hardcore ARPG should check out Path of Exile. It's in closed beta (gain access by donating), but it's set to open up fairly soon. It's going to be entirely free to play, with microtransactions that the devs assure us will not upset the balance of the game.

That said, I'm enjoying Diablo 3 a lot so far. I started out with a horrible attitude about the game (longtime Diablo 2 player here), and I can't say that it's a great sequel, but it is a great game in it's own right. There are a lot of nostalgic treats in the storyline and environment for people who played both Diablo 1 and 2, which helped me get past the glaring differences.

The only thing that still really bothers me is the lack of offline single player. If the servers weren't so unstable, maybe that would be less of a big deal.

#77 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 04:51 PM

I bought it yesterday, I'm about to start playing it here soon. Hopefully it's as fun as my friends tell me it is.

#78 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

The downtime sucks, but the actual gameplay is a lot of fun. The dialogue is super cheesy but I guess it's part of the appeal. Still doing normal, so it's pretty easymode, but I'm enjoying myself, chasing achievements and exploring everywhere. To fully enjoy the game, make sure you have Elective Mode enabled in your preferences. I was so pissed off with the skill selection system until I realized they restricted the spells you can use per slot to make it more "newbie friendly." Once you turn on elective mode, you can select any skill you want in any slot, which means frost nova and diamond skin at the same time for my wizard. :D

The elective mode and advanced tooltips being off by default... I can't help but keep thinking if Blizzard views everyone playing Diablo as retards and catered the game to suit us appropriately.

#79 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 07:32 PM

The elective mode and advanced tooltips being off by default... I can't help but keep thinking if Blizzard views everyone playing Diablo as retards and catered the game to suit us appropriately.

They did that with WoW after a patch, all these spoonfeeding explanations in the tooltips, it's like people don't understand what "Heals for XX-XX" means.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users