8 replies to this topic

#1 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

Hello,

We are upgrading our subscriptions system to the latest version. This requires us to temporarily disable the subscriptions system while we perform the upgrade. During this time, you will not be able to purchase new subscriptions or renew currently active subscriptions. The downtime should last for only a few hours while we install the latest version of the subscription system and get everything configured.

To be clear, this downtime only affects the purchase of new subscriptions. If you already have a paid subscription to the site, access to advanced features will continue working.

We'll do our best to keep you posted as to how things are coming along with the upgrade.

#2 kamelonu

kamelonu
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:39 PM

I hope this in preparation for new things =D

#3 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:41 PM

I hope this in preparation for new things =D

Stuff like this always is, though I imagine it is for better compatibility with the forum upgrade than anything else.

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:27 PM

So, I've been working on this non-stop for the past three and a half hours and things are still not done. I apologize for the downtime. We'll have things up and running shortly. I'm almost done but there is just a lot of stuff to set up. A lot of it is just infrastructure for the future so that we can support some of the cool stuff we want to do in the future more easily.

It should be less than an hour before the new subscription system is up and running. And then I can finally get dinner :D.

#5 kamelonu

kamelonu
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:38 PM

I love me some infrastructure.

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

The new system is enabled in the tab called "Store." I'll make a news post about it after the old data has been moved over. You guys can go and check it out now if you want though. The news post will contain more information on how everything works, but it should be pretty self explanatory.

#7 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:02 PM

Oooh.

Great job Hydro. Looks freaking awesome.

#8 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:19 PM

Looks good Hydro, good job :)

#9 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

Since the new system is up and running, I'm closing this topic so that I can move the discussion into a topic with a more apt title.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users