#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

POPULAR POST!

Hello all :) I have two things to talk about today:

Coupons Now Available
We have now introduction coupons to the site store. These coupons can reduce the price of the advanced subscriptions (or if we add real items at a later date, those as-well). It's pretty straightforward and you dont really need me writing a giant paragraph explaining how these things work. Needless to say all new members to the site are being messaged with a free 15% off coupon (one-time use) and we felt it unfair that the new members could use it while the other members are unaware, so im going to post it here for everyone to see: welcome15 will take 15% off in the store :D. This coupon is limited to one use per person. Creating alternate accounts goes against our site terms and conditions and we actively look out for them.

Donations
In the past we have had many people come to us wanting to donate some extra funds to the community without having to purchase a subscription, and it took quite a lot of discussion amongst the staff and I, but we now have a formal area to accept donations which is located here. To reach this area at the moment, you have to click on your name from the black bar up top, go to client area and then click on donations. In the future we plan to have a link directly from the store to this donations area. Any donations that we receive go to providing better services for you and the other members. :)

If you have any comments or concerns feel free to contact me personally via pm or email :)
~Cody Woolaver, Administrator @ Neocodex.us

#2 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

An error occurred

You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day

Darn.

#3 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

i just paid for 6 months =/ oh well. saving this down anyways

#4 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Seems like some great changes! I'd suggest to have the ability to gift advanced built-in to the store.

#5 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

Seems like some great changes! I'd suggest to have the ability to gift advanced built-in to the store.

I'll look into this right now.

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'll look into this right now.

I was looking into it last night. I started writing it but found out that the feature is coming in IP.Nexus 1.5 (next version of our subscriptions system) so I just decided to wait for that instead. It's a very often requested feature.

i just paid for 6 months =/ oh well. saving this down anyways

You can always use it next time. Each member has the opportunity to use it once whenever they want for whatever package they want.

#7 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

I was looking into it last night. I started writing it but found out that the feature is coming in IP.Nexus 1.5 (next version of our subscriptions system) so I just decided to wait for that instead. It's a very often requested feature.

Ah, that saves me some time xD

#8 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ah, that saves me some time xD

They discuss it here: http://community.inv...g-enhancements/

#9 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

Aweh! I am no longer a winner of a contest if the prizes are given to everyone! D: </3

#10 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

You can always use it next time. Each member has the opportunity to use it once whenever they want for whatever package they want.

I'ma use it when there's something awesome available. I have no idea what that awesome thing will be :)

#11 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:05 PM

I'ma use it when there's something awesome available. I have no idea what that awesome thing will be :)

They say the ability to delay gratification as a child has a very strong correlation with intelligence later in life.

And when I say they say, I mean they have shown.

#12 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

They say the ability to delay gratification as a child has a very strong correlation with intelligence later in life.

Intelligence? Must be way later in life. If I dyed my hair blonde, nobody would believe that it's not natural, simply because of how I act so frequently ;)

#13 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:47 PM

Yay! Does the coupon discount stack onto the other normal discounts?

#14 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:03 PM

like the marshmallow video?? Have you seen that?

#15 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

I haven't seen the video. I was referencing the study :p.

Yep. You can bundle discounts.

#16 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

Link! Gotta see this

#17 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Yep. You can bundle discounts.

I think she was talking about how with the 6 month discount we offer 10% (30 down to 27) which is built automatically into the price, the 15% ontop of this is a coupon that they have to apply. The answer, however, does not change xD Yes you can.

#18 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

I think she was talking about how with the 6 month discount we offer 10% (30 down to 27) which is built automatically into the price, the 15% ontop of this is a coupon that they have to apply. The answer, however, does not change xD Yes you can.

Yups!

#19 Required

Required
  • 922 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

Nice @Coupons !

Maybe you guys can add some kind of "1 day test" feature. I might want to buy advance but I'm not sure it's worth it on my computer... My internet is not that good and I'm far from Neopets Server. So my buy times would be kinda slow. But if I could just test it for 1 day or 1 hour and it works fine with me, I may wanna buy it.

#20 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:10 AM

Maybe you guys can add some kind of "1 day test" feature. I might want to buy advance but I'm not sure it's worth it on my computer... My internet is not that good and I'm far from Neopets Server. So my buy times would be kinda slow. But if I could just test it for 1 day or 1 hour and it works fine with me, I may wanna buy it.

We wouldn't be able to add a free test period because some people would abuse it by continually creating new accounts. :/ It would be nice if we could do that but it's not really practical to have that as an option.

#21 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:17 AM

We wouldn't be able to add a free test period because some people would abuse it by continually creating new accounts. :/ It would be nice if we could do that but it's not really practical to have that as an option.

Still, I think we should look into it. We could just ask the person to stop doing that. We have ways to discover if people are doing that. I don't think it's such a bad idea. We definitely need to work out these kinds of kinks but the idea itself is worth pursuing.

#22 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

Still, I think we should look into it. We could just ask the person to stop doing that. We have ways to discover if people are doing that. I don't think it's such a bad idea. We definitely need to work out these kinds of kinks but the idea itself is worth pursuing.

Check your PMs. :p

#23 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Perhaps, you get a 1-3 day free trial of Advanced membership after you've reach 100 forum posts?

It would be very simple to catch spammers and then we could more closely watch everything associated with that user if it is clear that they are spamming to reach the 100 post quota. Then if they create multis to abuse the feature we can catch them faster, saves watching absolutely everyone all the time and would allow the integration of a trial.

#24 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:13 AM

Perhaps, you get a 1-3 day free trial of Advanced membership after you've reach 100 forum posts?

It would be very simple to catch spammers and then we could more closely watch everything associated with that user if it is clear that they are spamming to reach the 100 post quota. Then if they create multis to abuse the feature we can catch them faster, saves watching absolutely everyone all the time and would allow the integration of a trial.

Why would we just add more work for ourselves just for the sake of it?

#25 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:49 AM

You couldn't find a way to make it integrated with thread post count?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users