#151 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

Hydrogen Peroxide.

lmao
yeah, do that instead, and then let us know what color the hair grows out.

#152 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Which girl doesn't use make up around here? :o

I have never worn makeup. Ever. I learned what mascara was when I was 16. It's that shit you put under your eyes, I think. Like eyeliner. Right? :(

Makeup is expensive and annoying. I feel as though I look good enough stock.

#153 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:25 PM

Omg yes.
There should totally be a "Lessons I've learned the hard way" thread.

Number one for me would definitely be:
Do not trim your lady garden in a hurry under any circumstances

This is actually a valid point for men too. I've learned the hard way (I do it for my girlfriend)

#154 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:31 PM

I have never worn makeup. Ever. I learned what mascara was when I was 16. It's that shit you put under your eyes, I think. Like eyeliner. Right? :(

Mascara is the shit you put on your eyelashes to make them seem fuller and longer :p

#155 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:32 PM

This is actually a valid point for men too. I've learned the hard way (I do it for my girlfriend)

Posted Image

#156 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:33 PM

If there's one thing I hate about chicks and make-up, it's the ones that put that much foundation on, they look like a bloody professional brick layer in action. Fucking cake faces.... reminds me a lot of this one....

Posted Image

#157 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:36 PM

If there's one thing I hate about chicks and make-up, it's the ones that put that much foundation on, they look like a bloody professional brick layer in action. Fucking cake faces.... reminds me a lot of this one....

Posted Image

One look at her makes me think she's someone out of Children's Hospital :|

#158 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:02 AM

One look at her makes me think she's someone out of Children's Hospital :|

Or somebody who should not be let anywhere near a children's hospital.

#159 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 June 2012 - 03:06 AM

Or somebody who should not be let anywhere near a children's hospital.

Oh my god, marry me. You are too funny. ;u;

#160 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 11:25 AM

Mascara is the shit you put on your eyelashes to make them seem fuller and longer :p

DAMMIT.

#161 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:39 PM

Makeup: i only wear it if I'm going somewhere (which isn't often). As for mascara, I don't need it. (everyone in my family always tells me they want my eyelashes, it's really quite creepy). I assume it's since I'm russian they're like that to keep snow out of my eyes (useful when I go skiing/snowboarding too, I don't need goggles).

Honestly, I hate foundation (because all the makeup counter people give me a color and when I go outside it's either yellow/pink or it turns that color like my MAC foundation does). Lip Gloss/stain, maybe foundation if my acne's really bad, and a bit of blush is what I use if I'm going out.

Edited by Satsuki, 26 June 2012 - 12:39 PM.

#162 Shwag

Shwag
  • 274 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

My ex wore too much makeup and it pissed me off because I thought she looked fine without it. My new girl wears a little but it doesn't look overdone, though I think she is beautiful without it too.

Don't get me wrong, some girls need that stuff, but I prefer girls that wear little to none.

Edited by Shwag, 26 June 2012 - 12:43 PM.

#163 ShinyPonyta

ShinyPonyta
  • 27 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Awww yeahhhh girly thread! :x3:

Whenever people say that makeup feels to heavy or looks too cakey, I always tell them the same thing: "You're doing it wrong!" A little goes a long way! And don't be stingy when buying foundation--cheap crappy crap WILL look icky after some wear, not to mention it's bad for your pores. I recommend Clinique Superbalanced. It's light, oil-free, and doesn't cost a fortune.

#164 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 01:13 PM

I'm lucky that I found my exact shade at The Body Shop. I adoreee their Flawless Foundation, but lately they seem to be trying to phase it out. I had to get my last set on eBay because none of the stores I went to had it -_-

#165 PenguinCat

PenguinCat
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:34 PM

I don't use make-up, at all. My mother never even bothered to teach me because I had no interest in it. I suspect she would if I asked, but I am lazy and the results don't seem worth it.

#166 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

Well if you're in your avatar you look pretty hot to me.

#167 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Better put some neosporin on it. Don't want to get an infection.

Yup :) and I've been sitting on ice too, ugh. More annoying than painful.

Hydrogen Peroxide.

Dear god...

#168 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

Yup :) and I've been sitting on ice too, ugh. More annoying than painful.

Dear god...

Sorry to interrupt again, but hydrogen peroxide is a terrible thing to use for wound care. While it is a disinfectant, it will damage your own living cells and impede healing. Improper use will cause a type of deep tissue scaring, with embedded ket tissue that can cause some nasty loss of nerves and sensation. A simple cut should not introduce the types of bacterial event that you'd need peroxide or betadine. Go with clean water, or get some topical antibiotics.

Of course, betadine will stain you skin a nice brownish colour, it hardly shows on me.

Apologies again, biomedical engineer by training, medic by air force reserve, pretend vet by experience with horses.

#169 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I just feel conflicted and guilty because society seems to think that I should care about the 79% and the glass ceilings and wanting to be a successful career woman and I just don't.

Don't feel guilty about that, you're not alone. This is why we're talking about the things that are more important to girls like make-up and shaving our twats.

#170 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:46 AM

Don't feel guilty about that, you're not alone. This is why we're talking about the things that are more important to girls like make-up and shaving our twats.

You are just the best type of person.

#171 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Some might argue that the gender pay gap is a small level of recompense for all the suffering men have endured throughout the years. How many men have been sent to their deaths in wars while women have stayed at home? What about the centuries where men were expected to work and be the sole wage earner regardless of the level of danger involved in their work? What about men being expected to sacrifice their lives for arbitrary protocols like 'women and children first'?

It's not as if all men have had it good over the years at the expense of women.

In response to the war thing, how many wars have been started at the behest of women? In response to the sole earner thing, for many centuries in early history, women were just as active in providing for the group as men - hunter gatherer societies were surprisingly egalitarian. It's only when humanity perfected agriculture, when we had a greater supply of food than we had demand, that we started to see specialization, and ritualistic banning of women from the workplace.

Those arbirary protocols are hardly worth mentioning. I've seen titanic - no man is going to wait for Rose to get on that lifeboat. No man.

Don't worry. Most people are boring, uninspiring people. Unfortunately I don't know what that's like but I'm sure you'll figure out the meaning to your life whilst making the kids tea.

The meaning or point of life is that there is no point. Your life is not predetermined, and therefore any meaning you assign to your life is correct. I suppose biologically, the point of life is to pass on our genes to the next generation, but she's already done that, so moot point.

You know what is a crying shame? I am probably honestly the smartest person that I know in real life. I can do anything I want, and I know this. But inside of me, all I want to do is stay home, cook and clean and care for a husband and my/our kids. I don't really yearn for anything huge out of my life. I think that's why I waffle so much with my education, because it wouldn't really bother me to not go into a profession. I want a social life, of course, and to contribute to the community. And I wouldn't mind making and selling things, or maybe even working part time from home. I worked for years and made really good money because I needed to, and I was good at what I did and enjoyed it a lot.

Maybe it's not a shame, maybe it's a good thing. I don't know. I just feel conflicted and guilty because society seems to think that I should care about the 79% and the glass ceilings and wanting to be a successful career woman and I just don't.

You are very intelligent, and it's worth saying that I feel almost, but not quite, the same way about myself. Individually, we're never going to run into the same people, and geographically, we're not even going to run into the same amounts or kinds of people - yet I can say with all due certainty that you're probably the smartest person you've encountered, and I consider myself in the top 5 for people I've encountered. That's not counting all the countless people I've run into on the interenet. At this point I'm convinced they're all clones, or multiple personalities of the same person because God is fucking with me. But ANYWAY.

Basically I don't think there is any reason for you to feel any different being "domestic" than my mom feels when she hit the glass ceiling. People still think women are weak, regardless of what occupies their time. People still think women are vapid, which, with a few exceptions, remains very true in my experience. People still take advantage of women in commerce, social settings, and in retail - it's not like women have hit a trampoline and have bounced up to the socioeconomic level that white men have enjoyed for 500 years. You are still subservient. In your case, it might be by choice, but for most women it's not. And that's why it's a shame.

Hey, that's important stuff too. I just wanted to get off the topic of balls. Wrong thread for that, yeah?

#172 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

fa·ce·tious
   [fuh-see-shuhs] Show IPA

adjective
not meant to be taken seriously or literally: a facetiousremark.

amusing; humorous.

lacking serious intent; concerned with somethingnonessential, amusing, or frivolous: a facetious person.

It's been 8 years now Paddy. When will you learn?

#173 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

I need to get a new swimsuit. Anyone know where there are some good quality, cute, and inexpensive ones are? I just want something different from the usual "big department store" swimsuits that I get.

(I've got two swimsuits that I'm okay with wearing, and one that is borderline inappropriate :p)

#174 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Nymh, I feel that way too. I mean, I know that I am DEFINITELY not the smartest person that I know xP. I had the highest grades back in high school but that didn't mean much. I think that I could've become a doctor or something if I had wanted to, since I had the grades for it at the time, and I get 4.0s if I actually go to class (which I tend to not do).

But really, I always feel so conflicted because I just want to have a family and be a good mother and be around for my kids. I thought of med school but I want 3 kids before I'm 30 and it just didn't seem like a good idea. My bf is dying to have kids, but at the same time, I don't want to feel useless or disappoint my parents so I'm trying to save up money and do grad school too. Sometimes I'm just not sure what I should do. (And then I want to travel too :3). I guess I just want it all and to make everyone happy which probably isn't possible.

I need to get a new swimsuit. Anyone know where there are some good quality, cute, and inexpensive ones are? I just want something different from the usual "big department store" swimsuits that I get.

(I've got two swimsuits that I'm okay with wearing, and one that is borderline inappropriate :p)

I'd love to find a store that sells cute inexpensive ones too :3. All the swimsuits that I see that I really like are around $70-100 and so I just end up buying ones that are "meh" because I just give up and don't care :(.

Edited by Dangocat, 27 June 2012 - 07:42 PM.

#175 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:55 PM

I don't have any of the children-husband-picket fence dreams.

I'm the daughter of two Mensans, I finished my BSc., was valedictorian with a perfect GPA, so it's natural for me that my dream is to have all the higher degrees along with a fabulous job, but the ridiculous contradiction that comes with it is that I love being lazy. I'm about to apply for my MBA so that I have another stepping stone at my disposal, and the thought of studying again makes me cringe, but at the same time crazy excited. This year that I've just been working and not studying has made me feel like a huge loser, like I'm suddenly quite stupid since I'm not accomplishing anything academically for myself. I thought I'd be happy if I got a 4.0 in my degree, and I was, but it's worn off. Nothing will ever be enough. I just made myself depressed on that note.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users