How fucked up is that?

ITS A TRAP

#277 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Nice lifts bro - after I did SS and switched to a BB routine I gained a ton of sized but I lost a lot of the strength. 

I'm just looking to get yoked though so it's cool. 

Thanks.  I wish I could have run it the way it is meant to be run, on a huge caloric surplus.  Unfortunately, I've always been on the heavier end, I managed to go from about 200 to 210, and I'm back to sitting around 202-204 lb.  Obviously I'm leaner, but still, I feel like I could make massive strength gains if I didn't care about how I looked.  Any suggestions on a bodybuilding routine?  I just want one that doesn't get rid of squat, BP, OHP, and DL.  3-4 days a week (Otherwise PHAT sounds awesome, but I still don't think I'm planning on eating enough for it.)

#278 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:39 AM

Thanks.  I wish I could have run it the way it is meant to be run, on a huge caloric surplus.  Unfortunately, I've always been on the heavier end, I managed to go from about 200 to 210, and I'm back to sitting around 202-204 lb.  Obviously I'm leaner, but still, I feel like I could make massive strength gains if I didn't care about how I looked.  Any suggestions on a bodybuilding routine?  I just want one that doesn't get rid of squat, BP, OHP, and DL.  3-4 days a week (Otherwise PHAT sounds awesome, but I still don't think I'm planning on eating enough for it.)

I did PHAT after SS, but I was eating 3.5-4.5k a day. I have a really fast metabolism though so it's hard for me to gain.

I would suggest some personal variation of PHAT that you make to your own body - it's really one of the best programs out there. Any kind of workout that starts with compounds is probably up your alley if you want to keep those exercises in.

Nothing wrong with making a custom workout either - I really fucking HATE crossfit, but if you want to get stronger and cut weight it may be for you. Just don't be a douche about it and make sure you keep your form great. At 6'1 202 you could be an absolute monster. 

#279 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

How dare you mention crossit, random!

Pepper ur Angus for the negs!
Lulz.

#280 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

come at me bro, have been blessed by numerous mod reps. 

#281 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:54 PM

Guess what the best part about today's workout was!!?!!

Spoiler

#282 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:39 PM

Today was Cardio Recovery. That'll teach us to start talking about how our legs are hardly sore now.

#283 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

-snip-

come at me bro, have been blessed by numerous mod reps. 

Teehee.

Today was Cardio Recovery. That'll teach us to start talking about how our legs are hardly sore now.

Hahaha! Awesome and good job!

#284 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:24 PM

These last few days have been rough but I'm feeling my muscles building.

#285 eldelay

eldelay
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:56 AM

I just started doing a cardio routine and Im starting ab ripper X again

#286 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:09 PM

I should re-start Insanity. IT worked well. But it's tiring.

#287 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

I should re-start Insanity. IT worked well. But it's tiring.

Stop being a bitch.

/toughlove

#288 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

Stop being a bitch.

/toughlove

Would you recommend Insanity oh Great One? Or is running and weights better?

For toning and slight size increase.

#289 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:46 PM

Insanity is going to help you lose weight which will make you more toned and make you appear to be bigger.

Running and weights will help you lose weight and will make you bigger.

It depends on if you want to lose any weight or not. 

#290 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Was able to take two months off work and absolutely kill it in gym lately.. Getting huuuuuge, and decided to hold off on the steroids for a tee bit longer. Got the call today though saying I have to go back to work in some secluded town with 2000 people though. Sucks in a way because every relationship with family/friends/gfs will go downhill.. but in a way I'm thinking itll be a good time to get even bigger without any distractions (except work, of course :rolleyes: )

#291 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:59 PM

Ok, so... last time I posted I had lost a fair bit of weight. Guess I'll put an update~

I've now managed to go from around 240lbs (yes I was a fat ass *shrug*) and I'm now at 198 and still going. I've gone from a size 18 pants to a size 12, and a size 22 shirt to a 14/16. 

Going to start the P90X workout routines and I'm also adding in Zumba, pole dancing and other dance classes. 

I'm loving my new found energy  :nana:

#292 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

Was able to take two months off work and absolutely kill it in gym lately.. Getting huuuuuge, and decided to hold off on the steroids for a tee bit longer. Got the call today though saying I have to go back to work in some secluded town with 2000 people though. Sucks in a way because every relationship with family/friends/gfs will go downhill.. but in a way I'm thinking itll be a good time to get even bigger without any distractions (except work, of course :rolleyes: )

Wait until you plateau to hit the juice man! Still think it's too much, maybe I'll run a PH one day at most...

Ok, so... last time I posted I had lost a fair bit of weight. Guess I'll put an update~

I've now managed to go from around 240lbs (yes I was a fat ass *shrug*) and I'm now at 198 and still going. I've gone from a size 18 pants to a size 12, and a size 22 shirt to a 14/16. 

Going to start the P90X workout routines and I'm also adding in Zumba, pole dancing and other dance classes. 

I'm loving my new found energy  :nana:

Awesome work

#293 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Keep the good work and motivation up everybody!

Legs day today whoooooo!

#294 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

Insanity is proving killer on me. The warm ups are getting easier though where as I really struggled through them prior.

I can also now do the 123 which I couldn't before due to a coordination issue. Furthermore I figured out that if I can keep my arms level with my shoulders during jumping jacks I get some serious shoulder and upper back work. Definitely feeling stronger now and we've barely started.

#295 starsandsass

starsandsass
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:13 AM

Hi everyone! I have a spin class tomorrow morning and then after I'll do an upper body workout. I want to start using barbells (rather than dumbbells) but that part of the gym is kinda imtimidating and I'm too lazy to spend the time to learn and perfect proper form...

#296 cyrex

cyrex
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

Today I did 5 minutes on the elliptical, then 10 of this arm weight swing machine, then 10 reps on each arm with 20 lbs, then 3 pull ups, then 10 crunches, then 5 minutes on the treadmill, then walked up 30 flights of stairs.

First work out. :p

#297 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I lost kiwi's post somewhere, but jeez. You're doing a ton of stuff. Do you like the p90x? It's what my dad and his girlfriend are doing.

Also, I have a question. (I'm doing Insanity. It's on a Mon-Sat, rest on Sunday schedule.) I did last week, rested on Sunday. Yesterday, we traveled all day and I had every intention of coming home and doing it at night.... except I developed a 102 fever and slept for 14 hours. I woke up feverless, but I still have the monster headache that's lasted over a week. (I basically have a headache any time I'm not pregnant or three months after giving birth, but this one is like splitting, pounding, wanna kill people headache.) I feel a little tired and a little sore, but I also walked a couple miles on Sunday and wore the baby for 5+ hours.

Should I work out tonight or not?

Today I did 5 minutes on the elliptical, then 10 of this arm weight swing machine, then 10 reps on each arm with 20 lbs, then 3 pull ups, then 10 crunches, then 5 minutes on the treadmill, then walked up 30 flights of stairs.

First work out.  :p

Good job!

Edited by Napiform, 12 March 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#298 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:39 PM

Also, I have a question. (I'm doing Insanity. It's on a Mon-Sat, rest on Sunday schedule.) I did last week, rested on Sunday. Yesterday, we traveled all day and I had every intention of coming home and doing it at night.... except I developed a 102 fever and slept for 14 hours. I woke up feverless, but I still have the monster headache that's lasted over a week. (I basically have a headache any time I'm not pregnant or three months after giving birth, but this one is like splitting, pounding, wanna kill people headache.) I feel a little tired and a little sore, but I also walked a couple miles on Sunday and wore the baby for 5+ hours.

Should I work out tonight or not?

That doesn't sound good at all!! Are you drinking enough water? Doing a workout like insanity you have to make sure you're drinking enough water otherwise you'll get dehydrated and feel like crap! I realize it's a bit late for whether to workout that night or not.. but for future reference you just have to listen to your body. If you feel a little tired and sore just from the workouts and walking, I'd push through! But if your body is still recovering from being sick or whatever the reason for the headaches.. I would def let your body rest. Hope you're feelin better

#299 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

That doesn't sound good at all!! Are you drinking enough water? Doing a workout like insanity you have to make sure you're drinking enough water otherwise you'll get dehydrated and feel like crap! I realize it's a bit late for whether to workout that night or not.. but for future reference you just have to listen to your body. If you feel a little tired and sore just from the workouts and walking, I'd push through! But if your body is still recovering from being sick or whatever the reason for the headaches.. I would def let your body rest. Hope you're feelin better

I skipped that night and a few after that. I'm drinking about four 16 oz bottles a day (going for ~ half my body weight in oz) and then some tea and a Dr Pepper on weekdays. Weekends are a lot harder and the water intake drops drastically. I get busy and then associate my headaches with caffeine and drink that instead. It probably has more to do with dehydration though. Same for food. I do good through the week and it's worse on weekends when we travel. I feel better now.

How's stuff going for you?

#300 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:51 PM

Necroviving cuz I know a bunch of us in TC work out, so lets hear some progress reports people!

Today is the holiest of holy days for me. Leg day! Looking foward to getting off work tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users