• Please log in to reply
390 replies to this topic

#251 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:48 PM

Started working out in y-backed singlets. Ultra douche mode achieved.

Posted Image

Oh also Random... This you brah?
http://youtu.be/0ipgn4gfL38

#252 nestlepak

nestlepak
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

im in this core conditioning class at my college and we don't really use that much equipment but every class is brutal. just a few of the moves we've done have been doing could be great for a high intensity ab work out with little room/equipment in a short period of time:
"L's" are when you lie on your back on a slightly elevate platform. you can have some sort of weight in your hands. you lift both legs straight into the air and hold the weight in both hands lifted up straight toward your legs. then you lower one leg and simultaneously lower your arms so that your arms are at ear level and your legs make a right angle. then you lift up both your leg and your arms and switch legs. these are really hard after only a few reps.

straddles are good to do alternating with the L's. basically you separate your legs into like a split in the air, forming a V with your legs. at the same time you open your arms to the sides, alternating which hand is holding the weight. this focuses more on the abs on the side.

a really brutal thing our teacher has us do is her pushup. which is actually a long series of plank-based moves. you start in plank, then do four mountain climbers (which is where one leg bends and you try to touch your chest with your knee) and alternate so two on each leg. then do a push up. then i forget what theyre called but you do the mountain climbers to the sides, instead of bringing your knee straight into your chest you open it up to the side. do that four times. then a push up. then you do whats called bounding, where you jump with both legs closer to your chest, then back into plank. do that four times then do a push up. then you bound again to three o'clock back to 6 o'clock and then to 9 o'clock. four times and then a push up. then you jump into a squat and lift up a bar (which i forgot to mention you were using to have your hands on during plank on a slightly elevated platform). the weight it optional though. so you do that four times and then a push up again. and that is all one rep. then you do it all 10 times! try to see if you guys can make it through all 10 reps! i have yet to be able to do it haha

#253 basshead

basshead
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

Good luck with your goals!!
I swim for my college team.
I do six, 2 hour 6k-7k yard practices a week, and two weight lifting sessions a week.

Trust me, I know soreness. :(

#254 Jakerz

Jakerz
  • 1764 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Teach me to swim plz? I need to improve my swimming abilities greatly..

#255 basshead

basshead
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

I do also work as a lifeguard in the summer and teach swim lessons. ^^

#256 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

Happy leg day

#257 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Got food poisoning over the weekend lost an inch or two of mass off my arms :(

#258 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Got food poisoning over the weekend lost an inch or two of mass off my arms :(

Sounds bad, but it could have been worse. You could have lost inches off your penis. See? There's a bright side.

Today I realized I cannot kick my own butt. Does anyone else have this problem? There's a part on my "Bollywood Booty" workout where the hot Indian chick smiles at me and says, "Now kick your boo-tay!" and I can't. My heel will not touch my boo-tay. I can't tell if my thighs are too big, or if my ass is too flat or what, but I found it disturbing. :o

I also discovered Whey and Soy Protein is best in a cool fruity beverage and NOT GOOD AT ALL in hot oatmeal.

I have finally gotten to the point where it is not painful or impossible to lift 10 pound dumbbells.

#259 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:59 PM

Sounds bad, but it could have been worse. You could have lost inches off your penis. See? There's a bright side.

Today I realized I cannot kick my own butt. Does anyone else have this problem? There's a part on my "Bollywood Booty" workout where the hot Indian chick smiles at me and says, "Now kick your boo-tay!" and I can't. My heel will not touch my boo-tay. I can't tell if my thighs are too big, or if my ass is too flat or what, but I found it disturbing. :o

I also discovered Whey and Soy Protein is best in a cool fruity beverage and NOT GOOD AT ALL in hot oatmeal.

I have finally gotten to the point where it is not painful or impossible to lift 10 pound dumbbells.

You definitely found the bright side for me Punk! :D

Feelin much better now and got back to the gym on Friday, so nearly a week's worth of no gym time.

Yeah not a fan of oatmeal, lest its the fruity Quaker oatmeal ones lol, so I'd never put it in my oatmeal.

Good job on the gains!

#260 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I've been doing a bunch of workout routines due to being in weightlifting class in my high school. lol

Right now, I'm like 5'7" 115-120 pounds and my max bench is 110. 10% body fat or so.
Max squat is 110 pounds.

Going to have this be a progress thing or something, since I figure I'll stay in weightlifting all school year.

Alright, just an update. This thread also severely needed to be bumped/necro'd.

I max out at 165 on bench now; around the same with squats.

With a curl bar (15 pounds), I can put on 50 pounds (65 total) and do 10 reps or so of head knockers (not the full workout of course). About the same for Bicep Curls.

I usually do 135 pounds for Dead Lifts. I could probably do more, but I don't want to strain anything.

I also do Incline Press with around 100 pounds.

My workout consists of:

Monday: Bench, Delts, Triceps, Abs

Tuesday: Squats, Dead Lifts, Pullups, Bicep Curls, Abs

The sets/reps vary, but I do around 3-4 sets.

And it alternates like that until Sunday, which is my break day.

Tip for people: Eat a good breakfast like Eggs with nooo sugar so you don't crash. I hate feeling like shit because I ate wrong. lol

Edited by James, 27 February 2013 - 08:46 PM.

#261 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 07:05 AM

Now that I'm not pregnant, I'm going to work out too.

The last time I worked out with the intention of working out, I was able to do 5 pushups 8 times a day and had a flat stomach in 2 months. It's not working this time around, lol. I'm happy with my weight and my BMI, but I want to look more fit and have more stamina for walking. I also want to relieve some stress and feel accomplished. I chose Insanity. We started with the fit test last night and got about 3/4 of the way through before the disc started skipping. I found a list of what the fit test involves and we're going to start again tonight.

#262 Burgeroth

Burgeroth
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:05 PM

I do a video called Pump It Up: Ultimate Dance Workout about 3 times a week. It's an aerobic workout and it's quite 80s. I love it because you don't need any equipment, except I would never do it in front of people because there is a lot of air humping involved.

This is one section of it:

Spoiler

#263 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 12:09 PM

...we actually only made it to 14:20 on the Fitness Test before it started skipping and I felt like I was going to throw up. I hadn't taken my smoking into account and it's REALLY affecting my ability to work out like this.

#264 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

I've changed things up a little bit since my last post -

Monday - 20 minutes of cardio + Legs / Protein shake

Tuesday -  20 minutes of cardio + Abs + Arms / Protein shake

Wednesday - Relax

Thursday - 20 minutes of cardio + Legs / Protein shake

Friday - 20 minutes of cardio + Abs + Arms / Protein shake

Saturday - 30 minutes of cardio

Sunday - 30 minutes of cardio

I'm taking a power walking class to boot which is on monday, wednesday, and friday.

And a nutrition class which has been *really* helpful and enlightening ^__^

I no longer have chicken legs HUZZAH

#265 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

...we actually only made it to 14:20 on the Fitness Test before it started skipping and I felt like I was going to throw up. I hadn't taken my smoking into account and it's REALLY affecting my ability to work out like this.

It's 30 minutes long, so that's still half. And I thought we weren't telling people you were having problems with it. 

#266 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:18 AM

You know what helps that nauseated feels-like-your-gonna-die feeling you get after working out for the first time in forever?
A smoke break.

#267 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:05 AM

You know what helps that nauseated feels-like-your-gonna-die feeling you get after working out for the first time in forever?
A smoke break.

It did actually. :p

#268 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

It did actually. :p

Much to my horror...

#269 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

I suppose I'll post in this.  I'm about ready to switch off the program I've been doing, I ran it for ~ 3 mo:nths.  I'm a 22 y/o male, 6'-6'1", and about 200 lb right now, and I was running Starting Strength.  Final lifts for that are (3x5 weights, except for DL, which was 1x5, all units in pounds)

Squat: 260

Bench: 190

Overhead Press: 130

DL: 345

I think I'm going to switch to more of a bodybuilding routine.

#270 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Yung finished a day of Insanity with me! At this point, I did the plyometric aerobics and I did the fit test 1.5 times. (Our fit test skips). I'm getting drunk in Kate's honor tonight, which probably isn't the smartest thing to do, and I'm skipping tonight. Tomorrow though. It's on tomorrow.

#271 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:46 PM

Yung finished a day of Insanity with me! At this point, I did the plyometric aerobics and I did the fit test 1.5 times. (Our fit test skips). I'm getting drunk in Kate's honor tonight, which probably isn't the smartest thing to do, and I'm skipping tonight. Tomorrow though. It's on tomorrow.

As long as you're not getting wasted every night, once in awhile is fine.

I'm currently bulking. Started at 170 lbs at the beginning of January and am now 180 lbs. Hoping to gain more mass, not fat.

#272 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:47 PM

As long as you're not getting wasted every night, once in awhile is fine.

I'm currently bulking. Started at 170 lbs at the beginning of January and am now 180 lbs. Hoping to gain more mass, not fat.

Nah, this is the first time I've had more than a drink in a year. 

#273 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:16 PM

I suppose I'll post in this.  I'm about ready to switch off the program I've been doing, I ran it for ~ 3 mo:nths.  I'm a 22 y/o male, 6'-6'1", and about 200 lb right now, and I was running Starting Strength.  Final lifts for that are (3x5 weights, except for DL, which was 1x5, all units in pounds)

Squat: 260

Bench: 190

Overhead Press: 130

DL: 345

I think I'm going to switch to more of a bodybuilding routine.

Nice lifts bro - after I did SS and switched to a BB routine I gained a ton of sized but I lost a lot of the strength. 

I'm just looking to get yoked though so it's cool. 

#274 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I actually wanted to work out tonight.

How fucked up is that?

#275 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:22 PM

I actually wanted to work out tonight.

How fucked up is that?

You swam like all day long. That should count for something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users