Quantcast

Photo

Have you ever broke up with your best friend?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#26 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

Yay, I get to read other people's business :p

I've broken up with friends and best friends before, normally because they turned out to be assholes or creeps.

#27 ManhattanMaverick

ManhattanMaverick
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:49 AM

Yeah. I grew close to her best friend who she's jealous of, and it went to hell. About a year later, we became friends again though.

#28 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Nope, my best mate is more like a brother to me, we're on a whole 'nother level to the point where he can say "hey remember that guy with the face?" and i'll know exactly who he means :p. Never had an argument either, cause we just click and are chilled as shit.

#29 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

I'm going to have to break up with my best friend soon. I don't like the way she treats her kids and we've been growing apart since I quit doing drugs and she didn't. She's so co-dependent though and she's going to flip shit.

#30 fancycutie05

fancycutie05
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:40 PM

Oh my lord. I have been going through this same crap with one of my demoted-to-just-friend best friend for like twelve years, no joke. I feel like a child about the whole thing too ugh. I have always been a kind of privately creative person, but throughout the years I've had to stop talking to my friend because she pulls all these words and ideals out of my mouth and claims them. It sounds childish, and I know friends are similar, but she takes it overboard. Juicy details might include something like this: one xmas when I was 17 or so, all I wanted was some Christian Dior perfume. My family is dirt poor ugh whatever, and she it loaded in comparison. I made the mistake of mentioning this when we were at the mall. Amazingly xmas rolled around and I didn't get it, but no biggie. Then about 2 months later, I go into her bedroom and she has a giant bottle of it and a gift set. She told me her grandma and mom got them for her. I wasn't jealous, I felt betrayed, almost like she WANTED to rub it in my face that I was poor or whatever. If the situation would have been reversed I would have fucking gave her the gift set...because she was my best friend. I'm 24 now and just now started talking to her again after a 6 month break. I just got tired of her criticizing my political beliefs. My god, she was passive-aggressively talking down to me on my facebook because she was annoyed at my posts. Uhm, it's easy to just ignore them. But for whatever reason, I'm back to my masochistic ways, talking to her again, but I am too old to let this go on anymore so I'm keeping her at a distance. We spent one night hanging out since and miraculously she is on the same diet as me, quoting the same phrases as me. I guess some people never grow up, but I'm at fault here too. I just need to stop thinking that not talking to her for a few months is going to make our relationship better. I can't expect her to change if I don't I suppose, but it still sucks a lot.

#31 Amon

Amon
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:30 AM

Yeah excpet they were the ones that broke off the friendship, and usually the ones that start the arguments. I'm dealing with someone who won't leave me alone at all, they complain about everything and if I don't reply they send me like 2/3 messages in a day asking why I'm ignoring them. Its like I havent been online that day, doesnt mean I'm ignoring them >_> worst of all I'm gonna have to deal with them for another 3 years of my life because we are doing the same class in Uni. When they found out that I recently got a job somewhere they started to complain and rage about them not being able to get one, and like saying how places havent got back to them about it. I responded to them saying they gotta apply at least 10 times to each place to actually get a place but they got angry and just raged. Seriously this guy is annoying. ugh

I suppose thats life lol xD

#32 Suou

Suou
  • 55 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

I'm going to be honest here. I go through friends like I go through pens.

And I do quite a lot of writing.

#33 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:28 PM

I'm going to be honest here. I go through friends like I go through pens.

And I do quite a lot of writing.

Do you just fade away from them or are you actively doing something to get rid of them?

#34 Indigo

Indigo
  • 117 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 10:11 PM

So, I've been in many bf/gf relationships.

But being broken up with by my best friend was the one of the worst.

He and I were always really close. For about 4 years, we were always hanging out, inseperable.
And then one day, he just stopped returning my calls. He wouldn't look at me in the hallway. I had to ask his other friend what was up and he said that David didn't want to be my friend anymore. That was it. He didn't even have the balls to ever tell me why. I was pretty crushed for about 6 months. Like crying hysterically through out the school day, coming home listening to My Chemical Romance and crying some more because all of those songs reminded me of him.

About 2 years ago, I ran into him at Block Buster and he looked at me, froze, gave a slight wave/signature awkward smile, put down his movie and walked out.

I nearly ran out to my car to run over his fat hairy ass.
I still hate him.
In case it doesn't show.

I can relate to you. I try and initiate contact every once and awhile but there's nothing. Nothing at all. For no reason at all. You'd think after 4 years there'd be something. So he's just goig to his UC Santa Cruz and make vidya gaems and get rich and famous without me.

Boys fucking suck.

#35 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 July 2012 - 11:46 PM

I've never broken up with my best friend(s). Just kind of faded away but then when we see each other it's like we were never apart.

That sounds a bit gay lol but true!

#36 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 12:28 AM

When i was 9 i had a 'bff'. She also lived a few doors down. When we were 14/15 she turned into a slut, we had an argument of sorts and i awkwardly slapped her in the face with my overly large palm.

#37 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

Yeah. Our friendship just sorta faded, and then I just left said fandom.She found me about a year later and asked why I didn't talk to her anymore.it was really awkward because she was basically saying that I should've had to say that our friendship had faded and it was over, and was frustrated/mad that I didn't directly say it. It was really weid.Needless to say, I had to be very blunt about it. :| Now we haven't talked since.

Edited by Juturna, 13 July 2012 - 05:44 AM.

#38 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:18 PM

I can relate to you. I try and initiate contact every once and awhile but there's nothing. Nothing at all. For no reason at all. You'd think after 4 years there'd be something. So he's just goig to his UC Santa Cruz and make vidya gaems and get rich and famous without me.

Boys fucking suck.

Thank you for generalizing my entire gender. That happens far, far too often, and all I can say is that it really should stop.
Take for instance my second relationship. After a great first year, she just kinda snapped and got super jealous and overbearing. She started telling me that I wasn't allowed to do things, (Like have ANY female friends) and even figured out my email password and started monitoring who I was talking to and what about.
Then when I got sick of dealing with everything and broke up with her, she told me she was pregnant, (One of her friends confirmed for me that she wasn't.) and (badly) photoshopped a picture of a pregnancy test to look like it was positive.
Now I could finish this by saying, "Bitches be crazy" but that's not true. The fact of the matter is that one gender isn't broken while the other is flawless, it's that there are just some people who are completely messed up. Some people are broken, some people suck, and some people are just best avoided.

#39 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

Posted Image

#40 bringerlight

bringerlight
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:16 AM

broken up I cant understand. but i can very well understand seperated.

#41 Suou

Suou
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:27 PM

Do you just fade away from them or are you actively doing something to get rid of them?

A little bit of column A, a little bit of column B.

I seem to attract/be attracted to various extremist groups, and it messes with relationships pretty badly.

I used to have friends strictly through religious connections, and when I dropped being religious I also dropped them since it was literally the only thing holding us together.

Later I was, embarrassingly, super straightedge and anti-sex and dropped anyone who smoked or drank or fucked.

Other times I simply moved to a different city and lost touch.

Another time I made friends with people within a bit of a circle-jerky political group, and at one point I said something they disagreed with and they instantly abandoned me.

A couple of people have stuck around over the years. The ones who don't think I'm Satan if I disagree with them.

#42 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I didn't break up with my best friend lately, but my right hand broke up with his best friend recently...if you know what I mean.

#43 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:43 PM

^ ha

#44 krakus

krakus
  • 91 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

Ugh totally have broken up with best friends before. In fact, I just did recently. And, curiously, all of the friend breakups I've been through have been for the same reason. It always ends up that the friend becomes "jealous" of me and then the friendship gets toxic. And then we break up.
But oh well. Better off without toxic relationships.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users