• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

They didn't. Same amount of vaccines as they would have normally had, since it's the first round.

I was just saying they were severely behind in the interest of full disclosure. I mean, she could've contracted something that could've been prevented by vaccine prior to being vaccinated. I'm inclined to believe that isn't true, since vaccinations are used for super contagious things and her sister didn't get sick. It could also be totally unrelated to vaccinations. I'm not a doctor either.

Oh.

That sucks, but it's a necessary evil -- better than getting much more seriously ill as a result of not getting vaccinated, imo.

#27 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Oh.

That sucks, but it's a necessary evil -- better than getting much more seriously ill as a result of not getting vaccinated, imo.

I waffle about whether I think they're good or not... but better late than never, I guess.

#28 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Childhood vaccines save 731,700 lives and $1.7 trillion, CDC says

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:09 PM

Vaccinations should be mandatory for all children.

#30 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Vaccinations should be mandatory for all children.

I agree 100%

Parents should also get vaccinated (children don't get their vaccinations until at least 6 weeks, parents can get them the day after the child is born, including breastfeeding mothers.  My partner and I got our vaccinations the day after she was released from hospital.

i5R1BPr.jpg

#31 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:23 PM

I react to basically everything and I still manage to get things. I managed to get both mumps and rubella despite being vaccinated against them, excellent stuff.

I think the yellow fever jab was the one I had a really bad reaction to. It wiped me out for about a week.

#32 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

http://www.theonion....children,35731/

Best article ever

#33 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:19 PM

FML, I am supposed to get this TDAP booster soon, since it's been 10 years since my last one. -_-

#34 Yuika

Yuika
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:05 PM

I love The Onion so much.

I personally feel that when you don't get yourself/your children vaccinated (behind schedule I understand--injecting newborns with the Hep B immunization isn't pleasant), you're putting yourself and others at risk. Pertussis has made a comeback due to parents avoiding vaccination out of a completely unfounded fear of autism. But hey, that's just me.

(By the way, you can't get the flu from the flu shot. Side effects similar to the flu, yes, but not the actual infection.)

#35 GhostMommy

GhostMommy
  • 559 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Likely if you get the flu after a flu shot it is because you caught the flu at the doctor's office while getting the shot and before your immunity had to develop.  Whooping cough, and I read the same article, is making a terrible comeback.

#36 Gandalf

Gandalf
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:36 PM

I was behind on my tdap booster by...many years, oops. No side effects, though. Did get a rash from the chickenpox vaccine but I heard that was pretty normal.

Measels is making a comeback too I hear!

Parents are still buying that vaccines = autism bs even though all science points to the contrary.

#37 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 04:04 AM

This is a big issue in Canada right now:
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...cials-1.2613935

#38 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:13 AM

This is a big issue in Canada right now:
http://www.cbc.ca/ne...cials-1.2613935

It's really sad how the U.S. and Canadian governments are too afraid of angering some radicals to make vaccinations mandatory. :( Vaccination simply isn't an issue of civil liberties, it's an issue of public health and morality.

#39 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 May 2014 - 09:26 AM

It's really sad how the U.S. and Canadian governments are too afraid of angering some radicals to make vaccinations mandatory. :( Vaccination simply isn't an issue of civil liberties, it's an issue of public health and morality.

I'm just glad my children are vaccinated so I can go to bed at night and sleep comfortably knowing that my actions aren't endangering the health of someone else's children. 

#40 Doomsday

Doomsday
  • 178 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

I don't think it's Mandatory in any country and heaps of people in Australia don't do it either, despite strong recommendations from their doctors that they should have them for the sake of their babies health

#41 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 May 2014 - 05:00 AM

I don't think it's Mandatory in any country and heaps of people in Australia don't do it either, despite strong recommendations from their doctors that they should have them for the sake of their babies health

Croatia made it mandatory (again?) a few months ago, all the crunchy mamas blew up my facebook with it. There are a few other countries in that area that also make it mandatory, like Latvia and Slovenia.

#42 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:01 PM

I just saw this image on tumblr...

tumblr_n3cu68LfOq1r83d7lo2_500.gif

If you don't get vaccinated, you may inadvertently kill someone's grandma.

#43 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

I just saw this image on tumblr...
tumblr_n3cu68LfOq1r83d7lo2_500.gif

If you don't get vaccinated, you may inadvertently kill someone's grandma.

Exactly right.
Not immunizing your children is irresponsible.

#44 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Exactly right.
Not immunizing your children is irresponsible.

You gotta admit the old woman falling flat on her face with her cane just out of reach is pretty funny though.

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2014 - 02:17 PM

You gotta admit the old woman falling flat on her face with her cane just out of reach is pretty funny though.

*hangs head*
Yeah, I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users