• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#51 mypenisinyourhand

mypenisinyourhand
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

when youre staying somewher i think u shud pay rent

if ur parents u shud help if u can afford

Edited by mypenisinyourhand, 09 August 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#52 mypenisinyourhand

mypenisinyourhand
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

are you stupid? i said if u can help u shud help

#53 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

No, I don't believe in enabling people if they're refusing to do things for themselves. Helping is one thing, but enabling is another. Aren't there enough lazy people in the world without making more?

#54 LeiLani

LeiLani
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:12 PM

I need some help. Has anyone ever dealt with an adult who refuses to act like an adult? My aunt is one of those people. Whenever she gets money she'll spend it on an ipod, or a cellphone, or the latest whatever instead of saving it. She doesn't have her own place she was living with my mom for 5 years rent free and she went to school to become a nurse but hasn't found a job since she was laid off 5 yrs ago. Her only income is unemployment and food stamps. Finally my mom got sick of her and kicked her out. She had a part time job where she was making $200 a week and still didn't manage to save any money to move out on her own. Instead of moving in with her parents and staying in LA (where she could at least keep the part time job) she quits her job and invites herself to move in with us.

I live with my cousin. Who's her daughter and I understand her not wanting her mom out on the street but this woman isn't doing ANYTHING to help herself. She applies and goes to interviews but doesn't follow up. She doesn't look for jobs outside of nursing. I asked if she wanted to go to the mall with me and job search she said no. My mom gave her her other car so she could be job hunting right now, instead she's on the couch sleeping and when she wakes up all she's going to do is watch tv and eat all day.

How the hell do I get her to actually get serious about finding a job? Like how do I get through to her because when I tell her something she doesn't want to hear she gets this blank stare on her face like im talking to a wall or something.

THIS SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE MY AUNT A FEW YEARS BACK.
She moved to our house in New York from the Philippines to find a job and support her son and kid.
And guess what she does?
Parties, brings guys back to our house, etc. etc.
My mom hated her, but my dad couldn't bring himself to kick her out, as that was his brother's wife.
But after she brought like the 5th or 6th guy to live in our basement, they literally threw out pieces of her clothing, one by one into the backyard to see if she'd noticed.
After about 2 or 3 months or so, she was like 'what the hell is all my laundry doing in your yard??!?!?"
And that was the end of her.
Bahaha.
I don't know if that helps, that's kind of a cruel way to handle something. But it was pretty damn funny.
I liked her though. She let me stay up and watch TV in the basement, where the big TV was.

#55 GoGoGoJon

GoGoGoJon
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

I talked to my cousin about it and we decided if she doesn't get a job by the end of the month she's going to have to start paying rent. I just don't understand why anyone would be ok sleeping on someone's floor or on their couch. And they even GAVE HER A CAR. The whole situation makes me angry.

Serious intervention might be required. Everyone should sit down at a table or something and discuss the matter (your aunt included).

You should start by everyone telling her how they feel about the situation. Tell her that the family is genuinely worried about her and all that. Keep going until emotional breakdown happens (could be anyone), then ask her to get a job. If she still refuses to get a job, straight up threaten to kick her into the streets, and make it clear you mean business.

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users