The last 6 warns.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
83 replies to this topic

#51 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:21 AM

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

This thread was a blast! There are very questionable ethical assumptions by some of the members of the community. Of course, there's no need to debate them further. Some of the accusations here are pretty ridiculous, so I'm going to apologize to Mishelle for whatever was said that made her harbor enough contempt to think I'm an internet criminal mastermind. Needless to say, thank you for inferring I'm attractive (a trait not frequently observed with such astounding wit) and, no, I'm not interested in changing neocodex prices. :rolleyes:

The rest of the people here should know that I can't post in debate threads for a month. :bye2: I am not particularly interested in the rest of the forum (I do not mean that as an offense, it is just clearly my preference), so most of my forum activity won't be resumed until then. Like any self-respecting narcissist, I did appreciate your willingness to make every thread revolve around me and will miss you dearly. ;)

Props to the mods on their consistent, unyielding, and just handling of the issue. Ethical grey lines were approached with the utmost carefulness and justice was pursued with no exemptions. Standing ovation for y'all.

The rest of you get a :nahnah:.

Edited by kami12, 23 August 2012 - 01:22 AM.

#52 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

The rest of the people here should know that I can't post in debate threads for a month. :bye2: I am not particularly interested in the rest of the forum (I do not mean that as an offense, it is just clearly my preference), so most of my forum activity won't be resumed until then.

http://www.neocodex....ing-guidelines/

After one month, you can ask for it back with assurances that you will not receive any more warns. Any more warns received after this will result in removed access from this section entirely.

#53 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:59 AM

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

This thread was a blast!

The rest of you get a :nahnah:.

(...) while troll is just having a grand old time and laughing his butt off in the background!

*shrug*

#54 shaggy111

shaggy111
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:00 AM

http://www.neocodex....ea=ignoredusers (for the others)

Thanks Shadow. I have been looking for that.

#55 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:02 AM

As..distasteful as Kami was being, I support the warn given to me 100%.
I was at fault and I chose to break the rules. I allowed myself to stoop to that level and include insults in my rebuttals.
The mods/admins handed out the warns without bias and handled the situation beautifully. I applaud Nymh and SL.

As Yung stated, we are a community and will stick together regardless of who comes in to make futile attempts to disrupt it.
Leaving this community because of one person is ridiculous. I received a warn and don't plan to leave anytime soon. Why should you guys?
I also do not believe Kami should be banned based on the massive amount of -rep he has. He has been reprimanded for acting foolishly and will continue to be reprimanded should he choose to cross the line again.

I am not particularly interested in the rest of the forum (I do not mean that as an offense, it is just clearly my preference), so most of my forum activity won't be resumed until then.

Posted Image

Edited by Ivysaur, 23 August 2012 - 02:03 AM.

#56 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:00 AM

The easiest solution: stop taking his bait and feeding him. It really isn't that hard to ignore someone, just don't read their posts.

The most likely solution: wait until he gets bored of codex or banned from reaching 100% warn.

#57 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

I'm just going to leave this here...

We are better then him.
I have since changed my mind Kiwi.
Why so mean? D:

#58 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

We are better then him.
I have since changed my mind Kiwi.
Why so mean? D:

I think she felt like your post was directed at her.
She made a suggestion and expressed how she felt and for some reason Yung felt the need to throw it back in her face in an argumentative manner.
Which makes no sense whatsoever considering she just spoke her mind and didn't insult anyone and didn't really deserve a harsh response..

Then you basically said you agreed with Yung.
Although you didn't mean to hurt her feelings, I think it did.

#59 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:00 PM

I think she felt like your post was directed at her.
She made a suggestion and expressed how she felt and for some reason Yung felt the need to throw it back in her face in an argumentative manner.
Which makes no sense whatsoever considering she just spoke her mind and didn't insult anyone and didn't really deserve a harsh response..

Then you basically said you agreed with Yung.
Although you didn't mean to hurt her feelings, I think it did.

Oh crap :l
I just skimmed through the thread. I guess i didn't really take the context of Yung's comment into account ):

I'm really sorry Kiwi. I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. :L

#60 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

I did not throw it back in an argumentative manner, sorry if it was interpreted as such. We were having a discussion and at the pace the discussion was going at that time it was easy to miss stuff. So I pointed it out and gave my opinion. If my opinion is an argumentative one that is not constructive to the conversation I will be more careful in the future to be mindful of the fact that not everyone is going to view it as such.

#61 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

I did not throw it back in an argumentative manner, sorry if it was interpreted as such. We were having a discussion and at the pace the discussion was going at that time it was easy to miss stuff. So I pointed it out and gave my opinion. If my opinion is an argumentative one that is not constructive to the conversation I will be more careful in the future to be mindful of the fact that not everyone is going to view it as such.

You told her that she was "ludicrous" for even "insinuating" such a thing.
That's pretty rude in my eyes, but okay. Not here to argue, just pointing out the obvious.

Also saying "Real community members know that people like kami12 come and go but we are a community, we stick together in the end even if we have someone annoying us. "

Is like saying if she was a real member of the community she'd know. Even though she is and has been an active part of the community for a few months.

Edited by Woug, 23 August 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#62 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:41 PM

You told her that she was "ludicrous" for even "insinuating" such a thing.
That's pretty rude in my eyes, but okay. Not here to argue, just pointing out the obvious.

I told Turnip her idea was bad in a rather rude way. Instead of acting like a butthurt child, she amended it.

#63 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 01:44 PM

I told Turnip her idea was bad in a rather rude way. Instead of acting like a butthurt child, she amended it.

Meh they are two different people.
I simply answered Ivy's question.
Then told Yung why she was offended by his post.
Not my issue *Pushes you out the door* XD

#64 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:01 PM

Fair enough.

#65 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

Meh they are two different people.
I simply answered Ivy's question.
Then told Yung why she was offended by his post.
Not my issue *Pushes you out the door* XD

You and Kiwi are also two different people, and shouldn't she be the one answering Ivysaur's question?

#66 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

You and Kiwi are also two different people, and shouldn't she be the one answering Ivysaur's question?

She is at work :)
And I can read her mind anyway. XD

Shoo shoo , you're making that little vein in my forehead bulge.
*Pokes*

#67 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Shoo shoo , you're making that little vein in my forehead bulge.
*Pokes*

What about the vein in your penis?

#68 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 02:35 PM

What about the vein in your penis?

Only you can make that one bulge.

#69 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 23 August 2012 - 03:07 PM

BAAAW ~!
ILY Best Friend :3 ♥

Posted Image

#70 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

It's okies ♥
I wasn't trying to be mean, I was pointing out that it seemed a little hypocritical to post that after the status discussing previously. You admitted you changed your mind after and it's okies. I'm sorry if you thought I was mean :(

As long as we're good I'm happy (:

#71 MysteryMunch

MysteryMunch
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:49 PM

I say we hold a huge "how to handle trolls" conference. We'll have to rent one of those beachside resorts in Hawaii to have the conference in, of course. Also, there should be teeny-tiny sandwiches, and caffeinated and/or alcoholic beverages. And then we can talk about trolls. Or not. I think I'll just go lie on the beach, actually... hmm...

Edited by MysteryMunch, 24 August 2012 - 04:49 PM.

#72 tri

tri
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user

• 1133 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

500 posts gives them no benefit. Unless they like editing the database, which I doubt. :/

500 posts is a big accomplishment. A little while ago you became Advanced+ so it make me think it mean you are a dedicated member and should be proud.

#73 violetsun

violetsun
  • 75 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:04 PM

lololol. On most forums, if this happens the instigator is banned because we call that 'trolling', children.

#74 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:18 PM

So who was it? Do we really need pussy-foot around the issue like this?

#75 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

I want you all to take a moment and imagine Codex without trolls and warns and annoying people. It would be pretty lame, wouldn't it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users