And you were a useless mod  ;)

How so?

#127 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:25 PM

Self reflection is clearly not your forte.

#128 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

Self reflection is clearly not your forte.

Have you ever noticed how often you make accusations, and then completely fail to substantiate them when pressed? It's quite amusing to notice, once you've seen the pattern.

#129 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:32 PM

Self-Reflection.

You're doing it wrong.

#130 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

Self-Reflection.

You're doing it wrong.

You just don't have anything to say about it, like every other time you've chipped in on a topic you know nothing about.

#131 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:56 PM

Aww...someone's all riled up.  :rolleyes:

#132 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:59 PM

I don't get riled up by you people.

It's one of the things that made me quite good at moderating.

I'd still love to hear your thoughts on how I was "useless".

#133 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:03 PM

Well... Why don't you answer him? :p

#134 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:06 PM

Okay.

1) You read PMs.

2) You contributed little/nothing

3) You didn't do any of the things you listed (0 for 10? Really?)

Edited by Ivysaur, 03 March 2013 - 04:07 PM.

#135 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:14 PM

Okay.

1) You read PMs.

2) You contributed little/nothing

3) You didn't do any of the things you listed (0 for 10? Really?)

1) All the moderators read PMs as far as their job description allows, for example tracking the activity of suspected scammers.

2) I contributed nothing? How do you know that? Are you privy to the staff area, and the moderation logs?

3) As has been previously noted, most of the things listed were idealistic, "if I was in charge" things. Moderators do not have the autonomous power to accomplish any of them.

For the record, saying "you didn't do anything" as a justification for "you were useless" is redundant. They're practically synonymous.

#136 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:31 PM

1) Again, a lot of users allege that you abused your power in order to read PMs that had nothing to do with scamming/rule-breaking.

2) You did nothing to spur forum activity, Strat was in charge of the SOTW contests. What...exactly did you do to get the forum moving again?

3) Again, you didn't rally support. I didn't see a thread about name changes, I didn't see one about changing ADV+ to applications. Either you foolishly thought you could bring these changes about on your own without the help of a large majority of the forum OR you just wrote this little monologue to simultaneously toot your own horn while criticizing  the moderating team at the time.

Edited by Ivysaur, 03 March 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#137 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 04:49 PM

Ok ladies, enough bickering. This is borderline personal attacks. I'll close this thread if it gets any worse.

#138 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:21 PM

You did nothing to spur forum activity, Strat was in charge of the SOTW contests. What...exactly did you do to get the forum moving again?

It's not a moderator's job to generate forum activity, it's his/her job to moderate content.

Did I ever do anything to spur activity on the forum? I sure as hell did not.

#139 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

1) Again, a lot of users allege that you abused your power in order to read PMs that had nothing to do with scamming/rule-breaking.

2) You did nothing to spur forum activity, Strat was in charge of the SOTW contests. What...exactly did you do to get the forum moving again?

3) Again, you didn't rally support. I didn't see a thread about name changes, I didn't see one about changing ADV+ to applications. Either you foolishly thought you could bring these changes about on your own without the help of a large majority of the forum OR you just wrote this little monologue to simultaneously toot your own horn while criticizing  the moderating team at the time.

1) Allegations lead to "You read PMs"? I can only hope you're never called to jury duty. I mean, only a few threads ago, Nymh was the "certain staff member" who read PMs illegitimately. The accusation is tired, let it go or produce some evidence.

2) That's not a part of moderating duties. As for "getting the forum going", I'm one of the most consistently active members of the site ever. Nothing breeds more activity than a little initial activity. Besides which, you could level the same accusation at any one of the staffing team at the time. At one point, Pyro hadn't posted in over a month.

3) "Rally support"? From whom? There's barely 20 really active members of the site anyway. If the administration thought the idea wouldn't work, a bunch of braying members isn't going to change that. Nor vice versa. Oh, and again, not a part of moderating duties anyway.

(Also, isn't this a thread about those things?)

I believe the thread is going to be locked now. You've had your say, vitriolic and ignorant as it may have been, and I have made my replies. People who read the thread will make up their minds, although I doubt they'll reach the correct conclusion. The shift in attitude on the forum is palpable, and it has been for the worse. Enjoy it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users