Quantcast

Photo

Getting back into writing Neopets software. INCLUDES AUCTION SNIPER!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#26 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

Ah, thanks guys <blushes> - it's good to see that codex is still around and doing fun things

Yep, still going. Not as strong as we could because of not much free time these days, but still going. :p

#27 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:35 AM

What additions do you think would make the site better there :ali:

#28 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

Ah, thanks guys <blushes> - it's good to see that codex is still around and doing fun things

Ah! Didn't know you were still around :p Hope all is well for you :)

#29 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:21 AM

Why doesn't NeoCodex put together a high quality, uniform suite for Neopets?

I'm aware of the program manager but the majority of the software in that vastly prefers functionality over everything else and some don't even work anymore...

This site has plenty of junior and intermediate level programmers as well as a few more advanced. I'm not particularly interested in writing in Python and it seems C# is not welcome so I feel out of place.

Edited by Valorous, 23 October 2012 - 07:21 AM.

#30 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:34 AM

You can code anything you want, but you'll probably have to post the source code as well.

#31 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:35 AM

You can use C# if you want, other people have used other languages too, it just means that they wouldn't be able to be considered as official programs in the same way as the Program Manager programs are.

#32 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 08:50 AM

Why doesn't NeoCodex put together a high quality, uniform suite for Neopets?

I'm aware of the program manager but the majority of the software in that vastly prefers functionality over everything else and some don't even work anymore...

This site has plenty of junior and intermediate level programmers as well as a few more advanced. I'm not particularly interested in writing in Python and it seems C# is not welcome so I feel out of place.

Feel free to code something in C#. I only suggested Python simply because you'll find that a majority of the work load has already been done for you and you'll be able to focus more on quality and design. We are certainly not telling you that you can't bring other languages around here :p However, if you are going to use C#, I would recommend opening up your source to give others the chance to learn. I'm sure there are others not interested in Python that would enjoy that :)

And regarding the suite of programs, I'm in the process of laying out and starting a web based suite of programs. It's Python based though :p

Edited by Josh, 23 October 2012 - 08:52 AM.

#33 Mumei

Mumei
  • 3545 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:32 AM

I used to do some of my programs here in VB, C# and Java - all 3 are fine for the job they are all great for developing client software, obviously VB and C# are best suited for the Windows environment although they can run on others with a bit of persuasion.

The hard part of any program is to be able to convincingly convince the website that you are a real person - and that's pretty much what they are talking about here - but if you fancy it, C# is much better than python at the heavy lifting of programming for example, the best game solvers were always written in compiled languages (usually C++ to be fair)

You could even use the python classes within .NET to make use of the communication work.

And as has been said by everyone - if you write something cool - why not post it so that others can learn from it - that was the reason I first signed up here - to help others to program.

#34 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2012 - 03:30 AM

There doesn't seem to be much that's original to work on.

#35 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

There doesn't seem to be much that's original to work on.

Not really no, but there are a few staples missing here. The biggest ones that comes to mind is an auction sniper and usershop autobuyer. I think there are a few missing or broken AP's too. Also some smaller scale programs like Kadoatie feeder and moneytree grabber are also missing.

#36 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

Not really no, but there are a few staples missing here. The biggest ones that comes to mind is an auction sniper and usershop autobuyer. I think there are a few missing or broken AP's too. Also some smaller scale programs like Kadoatie feeder and moneytree grabber are also missing.

I can do a money tree grabber presently. My account has less than 10,000NP on it so it's basically impossible to write anything that requires a substantial initial capital for testing.

I put together a money tree grabber in a couple hours as the first part of a possible suite. Any idea on the "cooldown" time after the limit of moneytree grabs is reached?

With the limited neopoints available for me to test with, which is the next best to work on?

#37 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

I can do a money tree grabber presently. My account has less than 10,000NP on it so it's basically impossible to write anything that requires a substantial initial capital for testing.

I put together a money tree grabber in a couple hours as the first part of a possible suite. Any idea on the "cooldown" time after the limit of moneytree grabs is reached?

With the limited neopoints available for me to test with, which is the next best to work on?

Go run Abrosia for a day or two. You'll have a couple hundred thousand in no time.

#38 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Auction Sniper > Kad feeder > Autotrainer > Moneytree > APs

#39 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:31 AM

Auction sniper would be cool, but it would require sOooooooOO many auction searches... I guess maybe if you stuck to ETS it might be worth it.

#40 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

Go run Abrosia for a day or two. You'll have a couple hundred thousand in no time.

I've started running it but in 3 hours I haven't got anything.

Auction Sniper > Kad feeder > Autotrainer > Moneytree > APs

What is a kad feeder and AP? What does an autotrainer actually do (I mean I suppose it automatically trains but...)?

Also, what is a good list of things worth grabbing from the money tree? Presently it's configured to just grab everything at once (and it always does because it functions async) until Neopets puts it on cooldown. This causes me to get a significant amount of junk.

Edited by Valorous, 25 October 2012 - 10:18 AM.

#41 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:23 AM

The easiest auction sniper that also works really well just refreshes the bid page on multiple threads and then bids XXX over current bid when you aren't the top bidder. Very efficient.

#42 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:05 AM

Posted Image
I have the first release candidate of my moneytreegrabber done. I'm not entirely happy with the UI but when I am I will post it. Presently the suite supports local databasing, HTTP proxies, UserAgent spoofing, referal spoofing, multi-threading and a slew of other goodies. All written in C#.

The MoneyTreeGrabber does all requests multithreaded. When you're not moneytree banned (like in the picture) you can grab all 20 items every time before anyone else (all 20 requests instantaneously) if you so desire.

What is a "kad feeder" or an "AP"? I'll be doing everything in order of least amount of NP required to test to most but eventually I'll have every tool for Neopets in my Suite.

Edited by Valorous, 26 October 2012 - 04:10 AM.

#43 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:24 AM

Google neopets kad feeding. AP stands for autoplayer. They automatically complete certain games, such as gormball/pyramids/etc..

#44 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:24 AM

I actually forgot to post the release candidate. Updates are available through that link. It requires .NET 3.5.

Presently it only has the money tree grabber. I've been busy with other things so I haven't had a chance to play around but whatever is requested next will be added. I'll be releasing source code when there's enough software in the suite for it to be worth looking at.

I do not intend to ever add "remember me" features besides username. I despise them.

#45 rabbitking

rabbitking
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:26 AM

auction sniper is cool..
anw is the kitchen quester working already?

#46 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

I'm not entirely sure how the auction sniper would work. Just bid X on all auctions under Y? The last time I had used auctions on Neopets you set a maximum cost and as long as the cost didn't exceed that, you would pay up to that limit automatically. Has this been changed?

Apparently things have changed in the past decade. I'll look into it.

Any special requests for it?

Edited by Valorous, 29 October 2012 - 07:00 AM.

#47 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:29 AM

I'm not entirely sure how the auction sniper would work. Just bid X on all auctions under Y? The last time I had used auctions on Neopets you set a maximum cost and as long as the cost didn't exceed that, you would pay up to that limit automatically. Has this been changed?

Apparently things have changed in the past decade. I'll look into it.

Any special requests for it?

You could compare auctions to the Item DB, determine and compare the profit margin, and then bid x until that margin has been depleted past a specified limit.

#48 RitzWin

RitzWin
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

You could compare auctions to the Item DB, determine and compare the profit margin, and then bid x until that margin has been depleted past a specified limit.

The item DB is not that accurate though. Prices fluctuate too quickly. Part of my daily doer auctions UB items, I have a file fed in that allows me to change the prices I want to set auctions at. If I were to rely on what the item db told me rather than the actual price in the TP/auctions I would be out millions for sure.

I was thinking of making a parser that could price out items real time based on the auctions and TP (which is were the real parsing would be). It would keep track of prices every time it was run, and update with new prices IFF I get 5+ new prices, remove outliers, etc. That sort of thing. A more complex shop pricer.

Could then use that for each time we check for items.

It's a long-term goal of mine.

Then again, you could try to build an easier program that only attempts to grab items that don't fluctuate much, but I don't pay enough attention to the market to know which ones those r XD

Edited by RitzWin, 29 October 2012 - 08:55 AM.

#49 Valorous

Valorous
  • 1003 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:34 PM

I've got the auction sniper done now. It needs to be tested and then I'll provide a release candidate. I've got ~31,000 NP so it's nearly impossible to test on any sort of scale.

https://www.dropbox....ctionsniper.png

That's what it presently looks like. Specific requests would go a long way in helping right now.

#50 HappyAccident

HappyAccident
  • 408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:30 PM

Proxy support?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users