Photo

How many shops?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eadmnc

eadmnc
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hello. As you can see, I'm new to this. I've never used an AB before.

I currently am using a 1 month old account, since I don't want to risk my older ones. I've picked maybe only around 10 shops, and some "lower tier" ones at that. The AB hasn't bought anything yet.

How many shops is an acceptable amount to RS at using an AB?

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

Hello. As you can see, I'm new to this. I've never used an AB before.

I currently am using a 1 month old account, since I don't want to risk my older ones. I've picked maybe only around 10 shops, and some "lower tier" ones at that. The AB hasn't bought anything yet.

How many shops is an acceptable amount to RS at using an AB?

There are many reasons why you may not be buying items.

1. profit margin is too high (i keep mine around 2-3k)
2. your account is young.Shops may be restocking, but your account may simply be too young to see the items. Pharmacy and books are good stores for young accounts. (as you aren't an advanced member, you can't pick your shops. You'll need to make a restock list to be able to do that. We've got guides for making restock lists around here)
3. The shop is full, so it wouldn't restock.
4. The shop just hasn't restocked in the time you've been running abrosia.

#3 eadmnc

eadmnc
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

Thank you for your reply! I've actually stocked two items so far for a good profit. (I'm taking a break now, contemplating just using this on my main instead of my side to avoid having to transfer everything discreetly).

I was just wondering how many shops are used typically and if more shops = more suspicion?

#4 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

Thank you for your reply! I've actually stocked two items so far for a good profit. (I'm taking a break now, contemplating just using this on my main instead of my side to avoid having to transfer everything discreetly).

I was just wondering how many shops are used typically and if more shops = more suspicion?

Well, with typical shop number, I'd say just one shop is best. With one shop you buy more items (which would give you more profit), so it's best to just stick to one shop than 3 or 4 shops.

Edited by Satsuki, 03 December 2012 - 12:05 PM.

#5 Mud

Mud
  • 85 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

I agree, it's most likely because of your account age. This is a nice little chart I found listing the types of items you can buy depending on age

Newbie - r79 & under
10 days - r84 & under
16 days - r89 & under
1 month - r94 & under
3 months - all
I would suggest getting an aged shell (3 months or older) and using that so you can get some higher profit items :)
Btw, you can restock at as many shops as you want, but try to stay away from magic. Don't spend too long in stamps either.

Edited by mynameismud, 08 December 2012 - 08:19 PM.

#6 Artleyz

Artleyz
  • 294 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:53 PM

Well, with typical shop number, I'd say just one shop is best. With one shop you buy more items (which would give you more profit), so it's best to just stick to one shop than 3 or 4 shops.

I agree that for non-advanced members, 1 shop is best. However, the problem with having 2 shops is that they tend to fill up, and then your bot just keeps refreshing every so often. So if you do choose one shop, make it something that's at least somewhat popular.

I tried abing the chocolate factory and found that I was basically dependent on someone else buying up the junk before I could get the valuables. :ohwell:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users