• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#51 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

I'm not familiar with any public places that have this rule, but there are numerous work environments that maintain scent-free work places. Think labs and medical facilities.

#52 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

That's the stupidest idea I've ever heard.

Brilliant.

Yes well clearly you don't have a deadly allergy to certain perfumes. 
Or have an important person in your life who does. :)

I'm not familiar with any public places that have this rule, but there are numerous work environments that maintain scent-free work places. Think labs and medical facilities.

And schools, from my experience.

#53 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

Right! I forgot!

It was behind the a bar with 3 or 4 guys calling themselves "Talent Scouts" right? I wanted to spare you.

Again, brilliant.

Labs and medical facilities are a completely different kettle of fish and are usually done for different reasons. Similar to how surgeons aren't allowed to wear aftershave because they're sticking their hand into someone's open chest wound.

Yes well clearly you don't have a deadly allergy to certain perfumes. 
Or have an important person in your life who does. :)

And schools, from my experience.

So you ban anything, and everything, that has a scent? So, no deodorant, perfume, aftershave, shampoo, conditioner, make-up, nail varnish, glue, or anything that can possibly cause a scent in any shape or form? How would you even enforce this? It's not legislation (as far as I know) so it could only be enforced by private or council organisations. 

#54 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

Again, brilliant.

Labs and medical facilities are a completely different kettle of fish and are usually done for different reasons. Similar to how surgeons aren't allowed to wear aftershave because they're sticking their hand into someone's open chest wound.

So you ban anything, and everything, that has a scent? So, no deodorant, perfume, aftershave, shampoo, conditioner, make-up, nail varnish, glue, or anything that can possibly cause a scent in any shape or form? How would you even enforce this? It's not legislation (as far as I know) so it could only be enforced by private or council organisations. 

We're talking about perfumes, after-shaves, deoderant, etc. Some people have allergies to the additives that they use to make those scents, that's why they all come in scent-free versions. I thought this was common sense?

#55 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

We're talking about perfumes, after-shaves, deoderant, etc. Some people have allergies to the additives that they use to make those scents, that's why they all come in scent-free versions. I thought this was common sense?

Im allergic to body odor. Hopefully the people in those areas can wear some kind of deodorant. 

#56 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

It's a scent free environment, shampoos and conditioners have strong sense. Should we ban people who wash their hair from this place? Although I'm sure the BO would probably cause a stink as well.

No. There is no such thing as after shave that is "scent free". Other wise it'd be water in a bottle. That is not common sense.

#57 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 PM

It's a scent free environment, shampoos and conditioners have strong sense. Should we ban people who wash their hair from this place? Although I'm sure the BO would probably cause a stink as well.

No. There is no such thing as after shave that is "scent free". Other wise it'd be water in a bottle. That is not common sense.

Shampoos and conditioners also come in scent free. All of this stuff comes in scent free because people have sensitive skin and allergies.

No such thing? Then what's this? 

theartofshaving_aftersavebalm_unscented_

Google is your friend.

Edited by Mishelle, 06 February 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#58 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

Again, brilliant.

This isn't something I am suggesting, or coming up with in theory... This actually exists.
Like Mishelle said, google is your friend. Please.

#59 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

On the topic of smoking.. How about the scentless cigarettes along with the scentless shampoo, deodorant, aftershave, etc. It's a smell-free utopia. ;)

#60 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

My friend has an e-cigarette. I tried it and it's pretty cool. He says they're really expensive though.

#61 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:34 AM

Shampoos and conditioners also come in scent free. All of this stuff comes in scent free because people have sensitive skin and allergies.

No such thing? Then what's this? 

theartofshaving_aftersavebalm_unscented_

Google is your friend.

This isn't something I am suggesting, or coming up with in theory... This actually exists.
Like Mishelle said, google is your friend. Please.

Aftershave balm, is not after shave.

#62 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

I tried 'vaping' with e-cigs.
Not the same as a regular cig at all if that's what you're seeking. If you just want another habit, sure :p

#63 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 AM

Aftershave balm, is not after shave.

An aftershave is a lotion, gel, balm, powder, or liquid used mainly by men after they have finished shaving

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftershave

#64 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:13 AM

I tried 'vaping' with e-cigs.
Not the same as a regular cig at all if that's what you're seeking. If you just want another habit, sure :p

It just sounds like a drug that the kids in Zenon would do after space class.

#65 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

An aftershave is a lotion, gel, balm, powder, or liquid used mainly by men after they have finished shaving

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftershave

Stop quoting wikipedia. 

This is aftershave

Not some lotion thing that you're revel-living in on a technicality. 

#66 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Stop quoting wikipedia. 

This is aftershave

EBenH8m.jpg

Not some lotion thing that you're revel-living in on a technicality. 

Aftershave

: a usually scented lotion for use on the face after shaving

Got that from here.

inb4 Webster is wrong.

#67 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:55 PM

No

#68 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

*sigh*

#69 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

No

Is your penis really that microscopic that you have to argue with the dictionary to feel good about yourself? 

#70 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

Is your penis really that microscopic that you have to argue with the dictionary to feel good about yourself? 

Are you really that naive to base your arguments on misconceptions of insecurities? 

#71 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:47 PM

Are you really that naive to base your arguments on misconceptions of insecurities? 

tumblr_lzag6ajNkZ1qkvn0yo1_250.gif

#72 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Arguing is foolish. I'm closing this before someone gets hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users