• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#126 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

I couldn't. I really dislike the poke-spinoffs. I tried to play them buut...I don't like the dungeon mechanics.  :/

Aaaaaa you're missing out on so much!!! The music and story are absolutely fantastic (the ending will make you cry oh my god), and you get used to the dungeons after a while ^^

THE EMBED THING DOESN'T WANNA WORK ughH I'LL JUST LINK IT GOD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAZGvPR6UEo

Edited by Turnip, 28 April 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#127 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:51 PM

Have you never played a dungeon crawler game in your life? They're so incredibly straight forward.

Yes. I know. I just did not like the mechanics of Mystery dungeon games.

(And really? RPG/Fantasy/Strategy game player here. Of course I've played crawlers.)

Aaaaaa you're missing out on so much!!! The music and story are absolutely fantastic (the ending will make you cry oh my god), and you get used to the dungeons after a while ^^

I will agree, the music is awesome but..I played the GBA ones (like...1/2 way though) but....I just couldn't.

#128 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:53 PM

(And really? RPG/Fantasy/Strategy game player here. Of course I've played crawlers.)

You can play any of these generations and not play a crawler. Especially in the same style of Mystery Dungeon.

#129 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:56 PM

You can play any of these generations and not play a crawler. Especially in the same style of Mystery Dungeon.

I said I didn't like MD's mechanics specifically....

#130 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:57 PM

I said I didn't like MD's mechanics specifically....

I didn't mean with the mechanics of MD. I meant the same style. Genre. Y'know rogue-like?

#131 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:50 PM

I didn't mean with the mechanics of MD. I meant the same style. Genre. Y'know rogue-like?

i mean...I loved Paper mario, Shin Megami Tensei, Mario and Luigi and even Dragon Quest but...I dunno why I just couldn't click with MD.

#132 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

i mean...I loved Paper mario, Shin Megami Tensei, Mario and Luigi and even Dragon Quest but...I dunno why I just couldn't click with MD.

...Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi don't have any roguelike mechanics at all; Persona 4 and Dragon Quest have only random dungeons as the only real feature of roguelike.

None of those games are like Mystery Dungeon at all.

#133 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:16 PM

...Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi don't have any roguelike mechanics at all; Persona 4 and Dragon Quest have only random dungeons as the only real feature of roguelike.

None of those games are like Mystery Dungeon at all.

I played Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, Final Fantasy (more then a few are a bit rouge-like) the Fire Emblem series (again pushing it) but I just didn't like MD.

#134 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I played Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, Final Fantasy (more then a few are a bit rouge-like) the Fire Emblem series (again pushing it) but I just didn't like MD.

>Not liking it simply because its a Pokemon game

I thought you were a Pokemon fan :p <3

#135 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:19 PM

I'm going to stop now, but before I do I'm just going to say that Mystery Dungeon is almost exactly the same as Unemployed Ninja.

#136 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:26 PM

>Not liking it simply because its a Pokemon game

I thought you were a Pokemon fan :p <3

That's the reason why I picked it up T__T
On the bright side, I gave it to my (then) 7 year old cousin and she's bought every game since the GBA MD that came out.

I'm going to stop now, but before I do I'm just going to say that Mystery Dungeon is almost exactly the same as Unemployed Ninja.

Meh.

#137 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

I couldn't. I really dislike the poke-spinoffs. I tried to play them buut...I don't like the dungeon mechanics. :/

nub

Pokemon pinball and TCG are awesome.

#138 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

nub

Pokemon pinball and TCG are awesome.

Spoiler

Callate.
TCG was awesome.

#139 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:24 PM

Spoiler

Callate.
TCG was awesome.

I couldn't. I really dislike the poke-spinoffs.

pick one

#140 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

pick one

I hardly consider the TCG a spin-off.

#141 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:44 PM

I hardly consider the TCG a spin-off.

Why not? It doesn't follow the traditional format of the main series and focuses on completely different characters.

#142 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 April 2013 - 11:11 PM

Why not? It doesn't follow the traditional format of the main series and focuses on completely different characters.

It's a different monster altogether.

#143 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 06:38 AM

It's a different monster altogether.

You are the most ridiculous person that still posts here.

#144 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:12 AM

Better then having a stick up my bum.
Care to clarify?

Edit: and again, only posting to criticize people. Are you THAT lonely and/or bored?

Edited by Ivysaur, 29 April 2013 - 07:14 AM.

#145 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:19 AM

Better then having a stick up my bum.
Care to clarify?

Edit: and again, only posting to criticize people. Are you THAT lonely and/or bored?

Just casually redefining "spin-off" to suit your own incongruous thought processes.

And yes, I really am that lonely and bored. I'm currently four thousand miles away from my fiance, with no car and no money.

Imagine if there weren't any idiots like you to keep me entertained! I might... rob a bank, or commit murder!

#146 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

Just casually redefining "spin-off" to suit your own incongruous thought processes.

And yes, I really am that lonely and bored. I'm currently four thousand miles away from my fiance, with no car and no money.

Imagine if there weren't any idiots like you to keep me entertained! I might... rob a bank, or commit murder!

The TCG is something completely different IMO. If you disagree, so be it.

/discussion

Edit: you know what? I'm not going to engage you. Can we get back on topic? 

Edited by Ivysaur, 29 April 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#147 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:46 AM

He's not ridiculous, just stubborn.

:o Maybe he'll rob a bank. I'd love to see that happen.

#148 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

He's not ridiculous, just stubborn.

:o Maybe he'll rob a bank. I'd love to see that happen.

As entertaining as that would be, I doubt he'd last in prison. :/

#149 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

The TCG is something completely different IMO. If you disagree, so be it.

/discussion

Mmmn you're kiiinda wrong there >w< The TCG games are set in the Pokemon universe and use the same non-human characters as the main series games, just like PMD, Ranger, Pinball, the anime, manga, etc! They qualify as spin-offs as they're set in the same universe but don't have the exact same gameplay/format/whatever as the main games, the things they're based on ^^

Speaking of the TCG isn't there like a browser version of it now? It'd be cool if there was a 3DS app so you could do the card thing on the go~ Unless there already is lmao

#150 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Mmmn you're kiiinda wrong there >w< The TCG games are set in the Pokemon universe and use the same non-human characters as the main series games, just like PMD, Ranger, Pinball, the anime, manga, etc! They qualify as spin-offs as they're set in the same universe but don't have the exact same gameplay/format/whatever as the main games, the things they're based on ^^

Speaking of the TCG isn't there like a browser version of it now? It'd be cool if there was a 3DS app so you could do the card thing on the go~ Unless there already is lmao

Then I concede my point. Thank you for clarifying ^_^

And sadly there is not one for the 3DS ): I'd be all over that. I hope the release the TCG in the virtual console with some kind of multiplayer capability.

We need to battle already by the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users