Photo

Pokemon - The good old days

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

#1 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

So I recently found an old Gameboy pocket and a copy of Pokemon Blue at a swap meet for dirt cheap and I figured I'd buy it to have a kick of nostalgia and to beat the elite four of course. It sure makes the breaks at work a lot more fun. Who else remembers these epic games, or plays the new ones? I've played white and black, but I still think nothing beats the blue/red or even gold/silver. 

Also the show was pretty kick ass. 

#2 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

I actually just beat Crystal version (:
My team is in my siggie  :3

I had beat Red and Yellow before that.
I want to replay every single one before teh 6th gen comes out.

#3 TheMysteryDoctor

TheMysteryDoctor
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Nothing can beat the originals and its honestly gone downhill some with the games lately.  The Best newer game would have to be Emerald and with the hoenn remake coming soonish im looking foreword to it.

#4 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

I don't know how I skipped over Emerald :( I've never played it! Was it for GBA?? Cause I might just have to find one if that's what it takes haha. As for that team, it looks pretty legit! Dragonite was always one of my favs ^_^

#5 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I honestly think the new ones are better.

#6 TheMysteryDoctor

TheMysteryDoctor
  • 102 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

I don't know how I skipped over Emerald :( I've never played it! Was it for GBA?? Cause I might just have to find one if that's what it takes haha. As for that team, it looks pretty legit! Dragonite was always one of my favs ^_^

It was for GBA and it sported a one of a kind battle frontier.  There were 7 zones and each one is 1000x better then any area in the newer battle frontiers.  I am SO looking foreword to the remake/update they make to it :D

#7 Elle

Elle
  • ShadowLink64's Rebel

• 894 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Who else remembers these epic games, or plays the new ones? I've played white and black, but I still think nothing beats the blue/red or even gold/silver. 

You forgot Yellow. Nothing beats that cute ass Pikachu following you around.

#8 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Raising a dratini early game is a freaking pain though...so  is raising pokemon that evolve based on happiness.

Hell yeah!

#9 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

lol

Everyone laugh at the trainer who chose bulbasaur 

#10 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:29 PM

lol

tumblr_mb0kxsaaPG1rugtvpo1_250.gif

#11 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:08 PM

lol

Of course, because who would want a Pokemon that strategically would beast the first like four gyms... Totally makes sense to laugh at the fool ;)

I didn't really like Yellow to be honest... I own it, I just didn't really like it because I was so used to green/red and would rather have one of the three originals instead of just pikachu haha

#12 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Of course, because who would want a Pokemon that strategically would beast the first like four gyms... Totally makes sense to laugh at the fool ;)

I didn't really like Yellow to be honest... I own it, I just didn't really like it because I was so used to green/red and would rather have one of the three originals instead of just pikachu haha

You sound like someone who beats Mega Man on easy and brags to everyone about it

lol

tumblr_mb0kxsaaPG1rugtvpo1_250.gif

Nothing personal, but we all know any trainer worth his pokeyen use charmander/squirtle for their starter

#13 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Nothing personal, but we all know any trainer worth his pokeyen use charmander/squirtle for their starter

I choose Bulba since it's my fav D: 

Though...if you can't beat the first four gyms with relative ease, you really shouldn't be playing pokemon anyway.

#14 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

I love all the pokemons <3 I'm replaying Ruby atm because I've got a spare hour between two of my classes, and fuck if I'm going to keep a 3DS in my backpack. It would get squished from all my binders!

I have a game from each generation (including remakes) plus a good number of spin-off games. :3

#15 ZERO

ZERO
  • 1661 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

You sound like someone who beats Mega Man on easy and brags to everyone about it

You sound like someone who brags about beating any video game in general.  :lol2:

Bulbasaur was the pokemon I started with when I was five years old, and it's the same one I started with now. I suppose I don't like change. As for megaman... I was unaware that they had different levels of difficult. Although I haven't played megaman past x5 in the series. 

#16 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:19 PM

I prefer HG/SS and having any other pokemon having the ability to follow me.

Snorlax > Pikachu.

#17 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

I don't think the newest generation of DS's have the GBA slot, but the original DS (the fatty) and the DS Lite both have GBA slots on the bottom, so you don't need to find a GBA if you have one of those :p Unofficially it's called the Dongle-method which is hiLARious. You can also transfer pokemon from generation III games (GBA games) onto a newer version like Pearl or Diamond.

I prefer HG/SS and having any other pokemon having the ability to follow me.

Snorlax > Pikachu.

That's the version/generation I really want to play and haven't. I have Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Pearl and Black. I hate how they milk it each generation by releasing a third game after the initial two with a slightly different storyline or wild pokemon distribution. Crystal? Platinum? Emerald? Pisses me off. Even Yellow was gimmicky. Fun, but gimmicky.

#18 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:22 PM

I don't think the newest generation of DS's have the GBA slot, but the original DS (the fatty) and the DS Lite both have GBA slots on the bottom, so you don't need to find a GBA if you have one of those  :p Unofficially it's called the Dongle-method which is hiLARious. You can also transfer pokemon from generation III games (GBA games) onto a newer version like Pearl or Diamond.
 That's the version/generation I really want to play and haven't. I have Blue, Red, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Ruby, Pearl and Black. I hate how they milk it each generation by releasing a third game after the initial two with a slightly different storyline or wild pokemon distribution. Crystal? Platinum? Emerald? Pisses me off. Even Yellow was gimmicky. Fun, but gimmicky.

Play it!!
(Although...you'll look like a total nerd if you carry around the pokewalker)

Edited by Ivysaur, 05 February 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#19 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14 AM

You sound like someone who brags about beating any video game in general.  :lol2:

Bulbasaur was the pokemon I started with when I was five years old, and it's the same one I started with now. I suppose I don't like change. As for megaman... I was unaware that they had different levels of difficult. Although I haven't played megaman past x5 in the series. 

Can you believe that? They actually have an easy mode catered to casuals now because some people cried about the games being too hard and unable to complete certain levels

#20 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

Good luck finding a legitimate cart, and one with a working battery! I'm not even joking, they're so hard to find nowadays. If mine didn't get stolen I'd send it to ya~

Your best bet is to emulate it  :unsure: Sure you won't be able to transfer your Pokemon up to the gen 4 games then send those over to your gen 5 ones, but you wouldn't be able to do that with a fake cart anyways.

lol

Venusaur is awesome and you know it~ Better than that Digimon thing you call Blastoise heheheh :3

Nothing can beat the originals and its honestly gone downhill some with the games lately.  The Best newer game would have to be Emerald and with the hoenn remake coming soonish im looking foreword to it.

All of the gens have had their ups and downs~ Playing them now, not thinking with the whole "but the glitches add charm!" thing and putting the nostalgia behind you, RBY are actually kinda... well, somewhere around mediocre in my opinion :p

Natures and the physical/special split really do add a lot to the games!

(P.S. Hoenn hasn't been confirmed yet ;w; )

Edited by Turnip, 06 February 2013 - 04:33 AM.

#21 kidbit

kidbit
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

I always choose Bulbasaur because it's my favorite too, Ivy :p hahaha

Well I've played all generations but my fav is Blue, specially because I used to play it when I was 9 or something and I didn't have much to do, so I'm pretty sure I've beaten that game over 40 times lol

I have just ordered pkmn White 2 and I'm also saving money for a 3DS so I can play X&Y when it comes out. btw what's your impression of it?

#22 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:52 AM

*high fives all the Bulbasaur fans*

Speaking of glitches...anyone remember the missingno glitch?
I don't know how many hours and game saves I lost because of it -___-;;

#23 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

*high fives all the Bulbasaur fans*

Speaking of glitches...anyone remember the missingno glitch?
I don't know how many hours and game saves I lost because of it -___-;;

Considering it should be one of the most well known glitches for RB, I doubt anyone that played the games don't know about it.

And that's what you get for catching the thing and messing your game up.

#24 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Considering it should be one of the most well known glitches for RB, I doubt anyone that played the games don't know about it.

And that's what you get for catching the thing and messing your game up.

I couldn't resist the urge to have a team of freaky glitched slowbro-esque pixel boxes.

#25 Eefi

Eefi
  • 1337 h4x0r

• 1626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Pokemon was my first game ever and I've spent hundreds of hours on these games. xD I have a lot of emotional attachment to this game series even if the new Pokemon are hideous ;w; You can probably guess my favorite Pokemon from my avatar :p

Edited by Cyaneum, 06 February 2013 - 11:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users