• Please log in to reply
241 replies to this topic

#151 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

...yeah... I'm sure everyone here is thinking of their audience first when they post. Also, I have something to say you might think is mean. (AUDIENCE FIRST!)  Why are you talking like Russ?

If I recall correctly you're the one who said that Russ was emulating me... so to answer your question I am talking like myself. :)

#152 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Fair enough xD

Ultimately I think it was probably inevitable that you'd ask to be demoted fairly soon purely because you probably won't have enough time to put towards it. You can't be a kept man forever after all and you'd have kids to look after and a wife to service regularly. :p

#153 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

No, just maintaining my air of mystique and eroticism. ;)

#154 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

If I recall correctly you're the one who said that Russ was emulating me... so to answer your question I am talking like myself. :)

... Do you really want me to respond to that?

Edited by Napiform, 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM.

#155 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

Ultimately I think it was probably inevitable that you'd ask to be demoted fairly soon purely because you probably won't have enough time to put towards it. You can't be a kept man forever after all and you'd have kids to look after and a wife to service regularly. :p

I wouldn't ask to be demoted :p

(Again, anyway...)

#156 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

Anyone who has a problem with my gifs can take it up with my gifs

tumblr_lxeoz1C9Om1r3zat8.gif

tumblr_m30f4bTYzk1qbnnrjo1_r1_500.gif

#157 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

:rofl:

#158 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

:rofl:

babyqt0.gif

#159 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:39 PM

I prefer the little yellow guy.

#160 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:40 PM

tumblr_lrcew113XI1qmurjfo1_400.gif

#161 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

I prefer the little yellow guy.

That's what she said.

#162 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

That's what she said.

That's just too far xP

#163 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

I like gifs. Elin is such a sad sack. Go sit in your sad sack corner hating gifs and being unpopular.  :canada:

There was no category for "Most Likely to Father an Unwanted Bastard Child" to balance out the sexism of the pregnancy category. 

#164 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

I like gifs. Elin is such a sad sack. Go sit in your sad sack corner hating gifs and being unpopular.  :canada:

There was no category for "Most Likely to Father an Unwanted Bastard Child" to balance out the sexism of the pregnancy category. 

It's probably your fault, all the gif popularity :p It was fun when it was just you, and later Lisa.

#165 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

It's probably your fault, all the gif popularity :p It was fun when it was just you, and later Lisa.

I'm ahead of my time. I'm a trend-setter. Soon everyone else will stop shaving their pits as well, just so they can be like me and Lisa.

#166 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm ahead of my time. I'm a trend-setter. Soon everyone else will stop shaving their pits as well, just so they can be like me and Lisa.

... oh.

#167 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:38 PM

So when will it be appropriate for me to stop shaving my pits?

#168 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

I like gifs. Elin is such a sad sack. Go sit in your sad sack corner hating gifs and being unpopular. :canada:

As I always have been.

#169 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

Take your age, divide it by two, multiply by two.

That many years ago.

#170 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

You don't have any hair to shave.

#171 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:48 PM

You don't have any hair to shave.

Does peach fuzz count?

#172 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

You know the answer...

#173 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

You know the answer...

I know I do :(

#174 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

Expressing yourself is subjective to the audience. Thus in some cases a GIF, JPG, or PNG is in fact an appropriate response. It must be gauged on the audience first and foremost followed by whether or not it is on subject and substantial enough to express your opinion.

That's all well and good when you're talking to a room full of professors, or when addressing a classroom, or at a social gathering with your peers, but the internet is full of different types of people. This thread alone has people born in three or four different decades. And that's just the ones that I know of.

In some cases (like 4chan) a post consisting of just a gif might make sense because all the peers understand that format. The problem is, a lot of the members here come from the neopets forums, or from a time before the promulgation of the gif culture. I'd say that's a significant portion of our userbase.

You are, however, correct in saying that posts should be gauged on whether or not it's on topic and substantial. And many times a post consisting of a gif isn't very substantial. We used to call such posts Spam.

:spam:

Arguments like these are so pointless.

If you want more intelligent posts on the forum, why not try to be more active in areas like the debate section and stimulate discussions by creating new topics so you can interact with people who you think are on your intellectual level, and verbally destroy (and reduce to tears) those you find lacking ;)
Equally I don't think you should dismiss others because you think their posts inane especially if they're not breaking any of the rules and are keeping the forums active.

It's not so much dismissing people's posts for being "just" a gif. It's the mindset that a gif is an equally valid contribution to a discussion, or the idea that a gif can suffice in place of an actual thought. Gifs themselves aren't bad; thinking that a gif can hold it's weight in most discussions is bad.  

As to the other bit on being proactive in starting discussions.... well a few of us do so on a regular basis. It's rather discouraging to see only one or two responses to a well thought out post. Of course sometimes that's due to the level of knowledge required to respond in kind, but I for one will never disparage someone for simply posting "I don't know much about that. Care to elaborate?" For instance in This Thread I didn't get overly lengthy, and I posted a video as well, yet it got only one response. It's not like I was posting about particle physics or rocket science.

I'm not complaining about the lack of responses, but I am trying to illustrate my point that the discourse level has gone significantly down.

Well you are two very different individuals. I have yet to see anyone complain about you. Quite the opposite actually.

You haven't been around long enough to see Waser when he's angry. DON'T MAKE WASER ANGRY.

#175 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:13 PM

They even post gifs on neopets now. Get with the times geezers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: codies, the codies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users