Quantcast

Photo

Do you support gay marriage??

• Please log in to reply
410 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you support gay marriage (276 member(s) have cast votes)

do you support gay marriage?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#251 Rohirric

Rohirric
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Seeing as how I'm bisexual, having the option to marry my SO if they turn out to be female would be great.  I honestly don't see what it's hurting.  Seems strange it isn't legal yet as it is.

#252 Caliwag

Caliwag
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

Wow, holy shit. That thing about gay robots had me out of breath for a while.

Seeing as how I'm bisexual, having the option to marry my SO if they turn out to be female would be great.  I honestly don't see what it's hurting.  Seems strange it isn't legal yet as it is.

Same. Even though it's now legal for me to marry whomever in my state, it used to worry me that I'd end up with a fantastic girl and have to settle for less than marriage.

#253 gemificus

gemificus
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:21 AM

I'm a lesbian and no i don't support it.... it seem to make every woman i have a relationship with want to get engaged it so annoying... i mean once they mention marriage u know it's over :p... 

no but in reality i voted don't care it's indifferent to me as i wouldn't ever get married even if i was straight, I do however believe tho that many gay/lesbian ect people rush into it.. there is no such thing as gay divorce and after u been with someone 2 years and and get married a year later only to find out they cheated on you 2 years later and split up then u can't remarry cos ur stuck...

#254 sarcastiiclove

sarcastiiclove
  • 116 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

Welp, as a gay dude, of course I support it. 

#255 Mentaunt

Mentaunt
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:01 AM

Yes, no one should be deprived from there rights to love someone because of same of the same gender.

#256 Lucian

Lucian
  • 875 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:17 PM

Can you be born gay?

#257 aowpie

aowpie
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

Morally yes, why deny rights to someone, pretty sure both women and blacks had to go through this already, learning is hard.  That and from a fiscal standpoint weddings are the biggest economic money sink there is besides x-mas.  More people getting married = better economy.

#258 Forms

Forms
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:51 PM

Morally yes, why deny rights to someone, pretty sure both women and blacks had to go through this already, learning is hard.  That and from a fiscal standpoint weddings are the biggest economic money sink there is besides x-mas.  More people getting married = better economy.

More people getting married = better economy.

You should do some research before you say that. Obummercare makes it a PUNISHMENT to be married GAY OR STRAIGHT. getting married has nothing to do with the economy, economy can't grow with all these rules and regs putting our economy into a chokehold LITTERALLY. so theres many more factors involved then a very minimal marriage. Go to a judge get married and spend maybe $50, so no way is it a money sink.  have a nice day.

#259 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 January 2014 - 04:50 PM

More people getting married = better economy.

You should do some research before you say that. Obummercare makes it a PUNISHMENT to be married GAY OR STRAIGHT. getting married has nothing to do with the economy, economy can't grow with all these rules and regs putting our economy into a chokehold LITTERALLY. so theres many more factors involved then a very minimal marriage. Go to a judge get married and spend maybe $50, so no way is it a money sink.  have a nice day.

The fact that some people have cheap marriages does not mean that others do not have lavish ceremonies. Increasing the number of ceremonies categorically does increase the amount of money spent on marriages. By as much as 10%, if we assume that a roughly equal proportion of homosexual and heterosexual couples get married - not a stretch in an environment where homosexuality is no longer demonized.

#260 Forms

Forms
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

The fact that some people have cheap marriages does not mean that others do not have lavish ceremonies. Increasing the number of ceremonies categorically does increase the amount of money spent on marriages. By as much as 10%, if we assume that a roughly equal proportion of homosexual and heterosexual couples get married - not a stretch in an environment where homosexuality is no longer demonized.

It still does very little for the economy.  An economy needs jobs created not hindered as is the case. Policies and regulations among other factors contribute to making jobs which helps the economy. And everything for the past five years has been a railroad job of destroying the USA from within. Economy is the point of my post above. We can debate back and forth but honestly I have others things I'd rather do. Have a nice week. :)

#261 ThatIsMe

ThatIsMe
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

One cannot help but notice the wave of cultural change that has occurred since the civil rights movement. In the context of human history there has been a large shift towards more progressive ideas and lifestyles that occurred in a relatively small amount of time. Blatant racism and disregard for civil rights was still occurring 50 years ago. Obviously racism still exists, but it exists in increasingly smaller amounts. This same pattern can be seen in the gay-rights movement as well. 30 or 40 years ago gay marriage was a lofty goal, and yet here we are in 2014 and states are continuing to find gay-marriage constitutional. As the years pass and younger generations come into power one can expect to see one of the most culturally tolerant periods in human history. Accepting these trends and embracing them is how we progress as a race. This is not, and should not be a matter in which the economy is of primary concern. It is simply a matter of civil rights. If the mentality that allows one to disagree with gay marriage persists into the future it will leave one behind the 8-ball in say, 2050, when even more if not all of the states have legalized gay marriage. There is a wave of cultural change that has fallen over America. These shifting ideals take time to truly become ingrained into a culture, but it's clear that the roots have been planted. 

#262 Shane

Shane
  • Sad sack.

• 1982 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2014 - 12:05 AM

Yes, everyone should have the right to marry who they want.

#263 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:29 PM

I voted don't care. I mean, gay marriage never affect general people so why not, I don't "support" but I don't mind if that is legal. 

Edited by brianbrian, 26 January 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#264 Pompeii

Pompeii
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

My Uncles are gay so I support gay marriage. I also have gay friends, so I think they should have the option if they want to, just as anyone "straight" does.

#265 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:36 PM

My Uncles are gay so I support gay marriage. I also have gay friends, so I think they should have the option if they want to, just as anyone "straight" does.

I actually don't know any gay friend in real life. Or maybe it's just because I never ask. I am bad at observing too. 

#266 Pompeii

Pompeii
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

I actually don't know any gay friend in real life. Or maybe it's just because I never ask. I am bad at observing too. 

My college is very open to gay people so a majority of the gay students are happily "out." It's possible you know a gay person and they are not out, or are very good at hiding it. But it's also possible you really don't have any gay friends. Sometimes it's very hard to tell unless they straight up tell you.

#267 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:01 PM

My college is very open to gay people so a majority of the gay students are happily "out." It's possible you know a gay person and they are not out, or are very good at hiding it. But it's also possible you really don't have any gay friends. Sometimes it's very hard to tell unless they straight up tell you.

Whereabouts do you live? I never see any gay students at my school make out or whatever hahahah. 

It is impossible to tell unless they tell me. But it's not that I really care. I have no interest in man. 

#268 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

I voted don't care. I mean, gay marriage never affect normal people so why not, I don't "support" but I don't mind if that is legal.

Erm, wow.
I'm going to put this down to English not being your first language. (I hope that's the case)

#269 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:09 PM

Erm, wow.
I'm going to put this down to English not being your first language. (I hope that's the case)

Ooops sorry no offensive but yeah English isn't my first language. "hiding"

#270 Pompeii

Pompeii
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Erm, wow.

Didn't even notice that at first, the wording is a bit off, although it doesn't seem to be meant offensively. 

Whereabouts do you live? I never see any gay students at my school make out or whatever hahahah. 

It is impossible to tell unless they tell me. But it's not that I really care. I have no interest in man. 

I go to school in Florida, which at first may seem odd that there are so many open gays, but honestly my school is pretty much in it's own bubble. I don't even consider us florida.

#271 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

Ooops sorry no offensive but yeah English isn't my first language. "hiding"

Sorry, you seem like a really nice guy, that's what shocked me.

I was like "No don't let him be some closet gay hater"

#272 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

I secretly hate happiness.

Don't hurt me.

#273 best

best
  • 260 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:15 PM

Sorry, you seem like a really nice guy, that's what shocked me.

I was like "No don't let him be some closet gay hater"

hahahah thanks ;)

I am not a gay hater :p I edited it to "general". 

#274 Pompeii

Pompeii
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

I secretly hate happiness.

Don't hurt me.

Do you drink the blood of your enemies during breakfast with your bowl of children's tears?

#275 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:21 PM

Do you drink the blood of your enemies during breakfast with your bowl of children's tears?

If that's milk and cheerios then yes I do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users