Photo

Just Got Advanced Few Hours Ago

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:14 AM

Well, I started using this program yesterday lol.  Anyhow, overnight (set up timings for start and stop) it got me about 200k in items.  I got advanced due to feeling it would be a good choice since the damn thing kept going to shops people said weren't good and couldn't control it.  Anyhow, I ran it about 4 hours after getting advanced and not one item showed up.  Did I make a mistake somewhere?

#2 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

Which shop did you run it in? You sure you have the MSAB turned on? Since it worked before when you were nonadvanced, I doubt there are any issues with your internet connection. Just make sure the shops you chose are not full up (24 items), and that you haven't accidentally selected "Disable Main Shop ABing" on the Igloo/Attic page.

#3 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

Which shop did you run it in? You sure you have the MSAB turned on? Since it worked before when you were nonadvanced, I doubt there are any issues with your internet connection. Just make sure the shops you chose are not full up (24 items), and that you haven't accidentally selected "Disable Main Shop ABing" on the Igloo/Attic page.

I had the MSAB turned off last night due to not havign the funds to run higher shops, however, when I got up this morning I re-enabled it.  I ran it on the shops listed in the one guy's guides that has 2 guides up.  His first guide said he did it with about a month old account and since my account is roughly a month old, I felt it to be appropriate to use.

#4 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

I had the MSAB turned off last night due to not havign the funds to run higher shops, however, when I got up this morning I re-enabled it.  I ran it on the shops listed in the one guy's guides that has 2 guides up.  His first guide said he did it with about a month old account and since my account is roughly a month old, I felt it to be appropriate to use.

If your account is 1 month old then I'd recommend going to chocolate, bakery, or pharmacy. 

#5 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

If your account is 1 month old then I'd recommend going to chocolate, bakery, or pharmacy. 

Thanks for the tip, will try this and post back if luck changes :)

#6 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Remember that the shops that have 22-24 items in them already won't net you many items, most of which you'll miss due to the competition there. You may have to spend some initial investment to clear the shops beforehand.

This goes for bakery, which was pretty full up the last time I checked an hour ago.

Edited by 201211, 07 July 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#7 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

Remember that the shops that have 22-24 items in them already won't net you many items, most of which you'll miss due to the competition there. You may have to spend some initial investment to clear the shops beforehand.

This goes for bakery, which was pretty full up the last time I checked an hour ago.

Thanks for this tip.  Will try this.

Edit: Damn lol I'd have to spend quite a bit to clear up the shop.  I don't think I've made enough yet to take a gamble at spending that much to clear out.

Edited by xWa, 07 July 2013 - 11:44 AM.

#8 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

If your account is that young and you don't want to clear, just run it in Igloo until you're older, or buy an AAA shell.

#9 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Thanks for this tip.  Will try this.

Edit: Damn lol I'd have to spend quite a bit to clear up the shop.  I don't think I've made enough yet to take a gamble at spending that much to clear out.

You're always going to have to invest a bit to clear the low-rarity shops...mostly because no one else will clear it for you. On the other hand, when you're account is older than three months, you can start going to other higher-profit shops. Those are generally already cleared out for you.

That aside, I'd recommend at least having 50K on hand starting out. I wouldn't spend more than 10K clearing shop. To get up to 50K, you can play some of the easy games out there, like that sponsor game where you whack the midgets, or do habitarium, etc. 

Edit: I second Syntax's post. Igloo's a great place to start out, mostly because it has that wait period between purchases that evens out the playing field.

Edited by 201211, 07 July 2013 - 12:06 PM.

#10 Futurama

Futurama
  • The Teacher.

• 3772 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:11 PM

Clothing, Books, Toys, and Kayla's Potion shop. Clothing will get you a lot of good items though.

#11 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:17 PM

If your account is that young and you don't want to clear, just run it in Igloo until you're older, or buy an AAA shell.

What's an AAA shell?

You're always going to have to invest a bit to clear the low-rarity shops...mostly because no one else will clear it for you. On the other hand, when you're account is older than three months, you can start going to other higher-profit shops. Those are generally already cleared out for you.

That aside, I'd recommend at least having 50K on hand starting out. I wouldn't spend more than 10K clearing shop. To get up to 50K, you can play some of the easy games out there, like that sponsor game where you whack the midgets, or do habitarium, etc. 

Edit: I second Syntax's post. Igloo's a great place to start out, mostly because it has that wait period between purchases that evens out the playing field.

I have about 160k onhand due to igloo from last night.

Clothing, Books, Toys, and Kayla's Potion shop. Clothing will get you a lot of good items though.

Thanks, I'll try these out too in a seperate trial run.

#12 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

What's an AAA shell?

An AAA shell is a side account that is at least 3 years old. It can see all rarity items, and AB at the Attic. You can get one at the TP for either pure NP or "other'

Edited by 201211, 07 July 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#13 Coldplay

Coldplay
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

An AAA shell is a side account that is at least 3 years old. It can see all rarity items, and AB at the Attic. You can get one at the TP for either pure NP or "other'

^ 36 months old I think (typo), in the attic you can get a lot of rare and high profit items :)

#14 Lv5Charmander

Lv5Charmander
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:09 PM

Whichever shops you're going to AB in, it'll do good if you clear some space. ;)  NPs spent in clearing compared to what you'll make if you clear a row and something good stocks is nothing. It's a gamble but it's worth it in the long run.
^@ Above, 3 years IS 36 months..

Edited by tututrain, 07 July 2013 - 01:11 PM.

#15 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Whichever shops you're going to AB in, it'll do good if you clear some space. ;)  NPs spent in clearing compared to what you'll make if you clear a row and something good stocks is nothing. It's a gamble but it's worth it in the long run.
^@ Above, 3 years IS 36 months..

Any suggestions of how much is worthwhile to spend clearing at which shops?  I only have like 160k onhand.

#16 Lv5Charmander

Lv5Charmander
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

You'll have to do some research yourself, check the item database for the shops that you restock at, is it worth it to clear a row? Look at the prices of the items you're about to clear, how much would be spent clearing them? How fast does the shop restocks? I don't stock at the lower rarity shops so I can't advice you on those.

#17 Kono

Kono
  • 44 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

I recommend the Pharmacy. I just restarted on a new account about five days ago and racked up my first million on it. It's almost all about patience. These last few days I've been getting zero items but everyone has slumps like that.

#18 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:44 PM

alright i'm a super noob, and this is a super noob question but i haven't started using abrosia yet and am wondering if you cant surf neopets freely while abrosia is running? is it detectable at all? 

#19 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:47 PM

alright i'm a super noob, and this is a super noob question but i haven't started using abrosia yet and am wondering if you cant surf neopets freely while abrosia is running? is it detectable at all? 

Safe answer is no don't do it, and yes, it is detectable, if TNT actually decides to do something.

Edited by 201211, 07 July 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#20 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:48 PM

It's not considered safe to be on neo while running abrosia. Abrosia logs you out of your browser anyway (so you wouldn't be logged in. If you're trying to browse neo with the account you use for Abrosia. Even if it's a different account than the one running Abrosia, don't do it).

Edited by Satsuki, 07 July 2013 - 03:49 PM.

#21 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's not considered safe to be on neo while running abrosia. Abrosia logs you out of your browser anyway (so you wouldn't be logged in. If you're trying to browse neo with the account you use for Abrosia. Even if it's a different account than the one running Abrosia, don't do it).

This concerns me a bit, because I've found that Abrosia doesn't log me off. I can run Abrosia for a while, turn it off, and reopen my browser, and I'd still be logged in.

#22 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:54 PM

So, my girlfriend playing on my other computer also shouldn't be playing neopets while Abrosia's running?

#23 201211

• 65 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

So, my girlfriend playing on my other computer also shouldn't be playing neopets while Abrosia's running?

Hm, well, the thing is you should be running a proxy if you're using Abrosia. If you're running a proxy on your computer, it's perfectly fine for your gf to browse NP from her computer, provided that she isn't using that same proxy.

I say this, because if you make one mistake, you can get chain-iced by TNT, meaning that TNT just freezes all account son your IP address. Your gf''s account could be caught in the crossfire. To be perfeclty safe, use a proxy for your Abrosia, and you'll be fine. 

If you can't afford a proxy, it's best to err on the side of caution, and set up Abrosia's scheduler so it runs only when your gf isn't using the comp.

Edited by 201211, 07 July 2013 - 03:58 PM.

#24 xWa

xWa
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:02 PM

Hm, well, the thing is you should be running a proxy if you're using Abrosia. If you're running a proxy on your computer, it's perfectly fine for your gf to browse NP from her computer, provided that she isn't using that same proxy.

I say this, because if you make one mistake, you can get chain-iced by TNT, meaning that TNT just freezes all account son your IP address. Your gf''s account could be caught in the crossfire. To be perfeclty safe, use a proxy for your Abrosia, and you'll be fine. 

If you can't afford a proxy, it's best to err on the side of caution, and set up Abrosia's scheduler so it runs only when your gf isn't using the comp.

Would they ban only accounts on the current ip address, or accounts that have had the same ip with it's prior ips?  Or even as far as account creation ip?  Some games I've done similiar things on go as far as every ip ever used (ban all accounts created from the ip that account that got banned was on and so forth)

#25 DrSpaceman

DrSpaceman
  • 18 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:03 PM

Thanks! so there is nothing else you need to run abrosia safely? its all good on its own?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users