Quantcast

Photo

Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

abortion pro-life pro-choice womens rights debate

• Please log in to reply
478 replies to this topic

Poll: Pro-Life or Pro-Choice? (189 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you Pro-Life or Pro-Choice?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

I would think it'd be emotionally damaging to a man to make a baby with a woman and then have her tell him his opinion doesn't matter because he isn't carrying it and then go have it removed.

It's also just as emotionally damaging to a woman and a kid when a man tells a woman that he wants to have a baby then as soon as it's born he walks out because he didn't know what he was in for. Not to mention there are abusive men out there who will intentionally impregnante his gf/wife to keep them dependent on him and unable to escape.

#27 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:16 PM

I am pro-choice for several reasons such as finance, responsibility, and other circumstances beyond personal control.

#28 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

It's also just as emotionally damaging to a woman and a kid when a man tells a woman that he wants to have a baby then as soon as it's born he walks out because he didn't know what he was in for. Not to mention there are abusive men out there who will intentionally impregnante his gf/wife to keep them dependent on him and unable to escape.

I can tell you personally that both of those are emotionally damaging... but those also both involve lying/irresponsibility/deception. I was thinking in terms of an accidental pregnancy with my scenario.

#29 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

I would think it'd be emotionally damaging to a man to make a baby with a woman and then have her tell him his opinion doesn't matter because he isn't carrying it and then go have it removed.

Again, if my (future) wife were to get pregnant and want an abortion, can I stop her from getting the procedure?
No.
Emotionally damaging? Sure! But it isn't my decision.

A man should have NO say on whether or not a woman gets an abortion. Telling me I can tell her not to get an abortion implies that I can tell her TO get an abortion.

I think what Ivysaur means is, while he might have opinions on the matter, seeing how he isn't carrying the baby, or at risk for this, he shouldn't have much say on the matter. Am I right with that?

Hit the nail right on the head ^_^
I'm not a woman. My opinions on the matter weigh considerably less then a woman's.

Edited by Ivysaur, 03 August 2013 - 04:26 PM.

#30 MishaZheleza

MishaZheleza
  • Iron Mouse

• 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:19 PM

That's how my boyfriend was born somewhat, except reversed. His 16 year old mom was obsessed with the British family that moved here, so she slept with the 24 year old son, 9 months later, baby is born, and 24 year old Brit felt obligated to care for the baby and his child bride, until said bride was found sleeping with his dad and dog, so he now has sole custody of my boyfriend.

Some people shouldn't breed at all.

#31 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:24 PM

That's how my boyfriend was born somewhat, except reversed. His 16 year old mom was obsessed with the British family that moved here, so she slept with the 24 year old son, 9 months later, baby is born, and 24 year old Brit felt obligated to care for the baby and his child bride, until said bride was found sleeping with his dad and dog, so he now has sole custody of my boyfriend.

Some people shouldn't breed at all.

That woman really isn't thinking straight or have some low iq... sleeping with the dad and dog? She has some strange taste.

#32 MishaZheleza

MishaZheleza
  • Iron Mouse

• 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

That woman really isn't thinking straight or have some low iq... sleeping with the dad and dog? She has some strange taste.

She's trailer park trash really. I've met her once before, she proudly admit to me she had 10 different strains of STDS and 7 miscarriages since she got high off a banana and meth.

This is why I'm pro-choice. That lady doesn't deserve to have kids, nor have to make them endure that everyday.

#33 Gunar

Gunar
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

Every person, born or unborn, has a right to live.  I am entirely pro-life, except in the case of rape or if it is a danger to the mother's health.  But I do not think people should have the right to decide whether someone lives or dies just because he/she wasn't intentionally seeded in an egg

#34 MishaZheleza

MishaZheleza
  • Iron Mouse

• 68 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Every person, born or unborn, has a right to live.  I am entirely pro-life, except in the case of rape or if it is a danger to the mother's health.  But I do not think people should have the right to decide whether someone lives or dies just because he/she wasn't intentionally seeded in an egg

I'm sure most people don't want needless abortions, but accept that rape and incest sadly happen, and even happily married couples who want children but the child wouldn't live long after birth or would harm the mother agree that sometimes an abortion is necessary.

#35 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:11 PM

http://www.neocodex....98825-abortion/

If you don't want a child, you should probably: stay away from sex or use whatever protection necessary. It's not the babies fault you were negligent with your body. I also don't think that just because a 'fetus' is less than 28 weeks old that 'it' is not alive. 

If you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to accept the responsibility of caring for a child and doing it the right way. 

Why

If you think fetuses are people, why is it okay to kill them in the case that they were created through rape? You said that "every person, born or unborn has a right to live" . Rape and incest exclusions to hardline pro-life stances are illogical.

#36 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

Why

Cells are alive, multiple cells make up a fetus. Therefore a fetus is living.

That's in layman's terms.

Edited by Adam, 03 August 2013 - 06:34 PM.

#37 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:43 PM

Cells are alive, multiple cells make up a fetus. Therefore a fetus is living.

That's in layman's terms.

So you think the morning after pill and other emergency contraception should be banned? You think a zygote is a human?

#38 Gunar

Gunar
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:52 PM

If you think fetuses are people, why is it okay to kill them in the case that they were created through rape? You said that "every person, born or unborn has a right to live" . Rape and incest exclusions to hardline pro-life stances are illogical.

I guess I did contradict myself there.  

Every person, born or unborn, has a right to live.  I am entirely mostly pro-life, except in the case of rape or if it is a danger to the mother's health.  But I do not think people should have the right to decide whether someone lives or dies just because he/she wasn't intentionally seeded in an egg

A better rephrasing.  Also, I personally never said anything about incest, but considering that is illegal, then the abortion for it would technically be illegal too (I think?), so there is no need for it.  If you are going to commit incest, I don't think breaking an abortion law will trouble you that much.

#39 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl šŸŒ›

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 06:55 PM

I guess I did contradict myself there.  

A better rephrasing.  Also, I personally never said anything about incest, but considering that is illegal, then the abortion for it would technically be illegal too (I think?), so there is no need for it.  If you are going to commit incest, I don't think breaking an abortion law will trouble you that much.

Assuming that the female is a willing participant.. And in assuming that, it'd be strange for her not to consider contraception..

Edited by Ladida, 03 August 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#40 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

Some of the points bought up in the "for" argument involve endangerment to the mothers health or rape.

What about if you knew that your baby was going to be born with a defect? Or some sort of disorder? Would you chose to abort?

For me, it would depend on the severity and how much the financial burden would be. I think it would better not to bring a child into the world if you can't afford to care for it.

#41 Gunar

Gunar
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:08 PM

Assuming that the female is a willing participant.. And in assuming that, it'd be strange for her not to consider contraception..

And if the female wasn't a willing participant, it would be rape, in which my stance to abortion in the circumstances has remained the same.  Or, the female could be the only willing participant.  Women do commit rape in modern times. 

#42 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • šŸ“Aioli-AmericanšŸ“

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

A better rephrasing.  Also, I personally never said anything about incest, but considering that is illegal, then the abortion for it would technically be illegal too (I think?)

What?

The abortion would only be illegal if abortion is illegal...

#43 Gunar

Gunar
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

Not necessarily.  Cocaine is illegal, but with a doctor's prescription, it becomes legal to that person which was given the prescription

Sorry, totally didn't think about what you wrote as I read it.  I was thinking about accessory to a crime, but double thinking that, the doctor wouldn't know.

Edited by Gunar, 03 August 2013 - 07:19 PM.

#44 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl šŸŒ›

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:23 PM

I am thoroughly confused by this part of the thread.

Anyway,

And if the female wasn't a willing participant, it would be rape, in which my stance to abortion in the circumstances has remained the same.  Or, the female could be the only willing participant.  Women do commit rape in modern times. 

I'm pretty sure the potential incest created babies referenced in this thread were ones where girls were raped by a family member. But thank you for telling me women rape. I had no idea. I guess we should go back to ancient times when women did not rape. Such simpler times.

Edited by Ladida, 03 August 2013 - 07:23 PM.

#45 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:26 PM

The thing is that in many parts of the world abortion is legal. In some places, incest is legal between consensual adults.

#46 Gunar

Gunar
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

The thing is that in many parts of the world abortion is legal. In some places, incest is legal between consensual adults.

Where I live, the latter is illegal, between any family members, and if abortion were to become illegal, I think a more serious penalty would be applied to incest between two or more people, with at least one unwilling.  As to two consensual adults, I've not a clue, just that it is illegal in my part of the world.

#47 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

So you think the morning after pill and other emergency contraception should be banned? You think a zygote is a human?

Apparently you can't read and like to pull shit out of your ass. (Not meant to be a gay joke, srs)

Did I mention emergency contraception being banned anywhere in anything I've said? I guess I'll say this again...if you're responsible enough to have sex, then you're responsible enough to raise a child. Therefore if there's a proven rape then emergency contraception should be readily available. Am I talking to a brick wall?

Edited by Adam, 03 August 2013 - 07:49 PM.

#48 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:51 PM

That is gross over-simplification and generalization.

What about rape victims? Incest or cases where the mother's life is in jeopardy?

I'm sure he's referencing women having abortions due to them not using protection/contraceptives.

Am I talking to a brick wall?

Any online debate is between brick walls.

Edited by Drakonid, 03 August 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#49 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

Any online debate is between brick walls.

Wisest words I ever seen

#50 VaultBoy

VaultBoy
  • 215 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Whoever vots pro-life, please read freakonomics, there is a chapter that will 100% CHANGE you to pro-choice.

Also this: http://en.wikipedia....iki/Roe_v._Wade

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users