• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#326 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

TNT BETTER NOT MAKE THE TRIPPY FLOWER PUZZLE LAST WEEKS WITH LIKE 50 COLUMNS WITH 10 TABLES. just saying.

#327 Chappy

Chappy
  • Cat Savage

• 2341 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

TNT BETTER NOT MAKE THE TRIPPY FLOWER PUZZLE LAST WEEKS WITH LIKE 50 COLUMNS WITH 10 TABLES. just saying.

Oh my no. STOPPPPP. Don't give them ideas. I bet they are stalling time because they don't know what to do XD

#328 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

Oh my no. STOPPPPP. Don't give them ideas. I bet they are stalling time because they don't know what to do XD

Watch them make a puzzle of multivariable calculus questions

#329 madelined

madelined
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Red poogle morphing potion...

is it sad that im actually ok with this?

#330 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Red poogle morphing potion...

is it sad that im actually ok with this?

No, it's not. BE ULTRA GREEDY AND COMPLAIN-Y like the rest of us.

#331 mst3kluv

mst3kluv
  • 156 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:04 PM

I got some weird battledome potion.

#332 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

ANOTHER STUPID PUZZLEEEE!

I got some weird battledome potion.

that corruption potion? i sold it for 8k. :p

#333 anewvision

anewvision
  • 1195 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

NOOO! It keeps GROWING!

bd_gemgreen_sword.gif

Emerald Sword

Well whooptie-freakin'-doo....

#334 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:56 PM

NOOO! It keeps GROWING!

bd_gemgreen_sword.gif

Emerald Sword

Well whooptie-freakin'-doo....

ahah, i win!

staffofearth.gif

Staff of the Earth Faerie

#335 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:59 PM

Now that the table size keeps increasing, here's a faster way to do the puzzle that requires less trial and error and moving of flowerpots:

1) Check how many mDB you are away from the solution.

2) Starting with the first column (I like to start from the rightmost column), move the pot all the way to the end that it is furthest from. Note the number of squares that it passes - I'll call this number "X".

3) Now check how much the mDB has changed.

a) If it has reduced by X, then your flower pot is in the right place.

b) If it has reduced by X-1, then it needs to be moved one spot away from the end. If it has reduced by X-2, then it needs to be moved two spots away from the end - so on and so forth.

c) On the other hand, if the number has increased by X, then this means that the original position was the correct one. If it has increased by X+1, then it needs to be moved back one square after the original position (in the other direction). If it is X+2, then move it two squares past the original position in the other direction - so on and so forth.

With this method, you only need a maximum of two moves per column to place each flowerpot in the correct spot. You do need to pay a bit more attention (and do some basic arithmetic) compared to the trial and error method though.

Edited by Trey, 13 October 2013 - 12:01 AM.

#336 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Now that the table size keeps increasing, here's a faster way to do the puzzle that requires less trial and error and moving of flowerpots:

1) Check how many mDB you are away from the solution.

2) Starting with the first column (I like to start from the rightmost column), move the pot all the way to the end that it is furthest from. Note the number of squares that it passes - I'll call this number "X".

3) Now check how much the mDB has changed.

a) If it has reduced by X, then your flower pot is in the right place.

b) If it has reduced by X-1, then it needs to be moved one spot away from the end. If it has reduced by X-2, then it needs to be moved two spots away from the end - so on and so forth.

c) On the other hand, if the number has increased by X, then this means that the original position was the correct one. If it has increased by X+1, then it needs to be moved back one square after the original position (in the other direction). If it is X+2, then move it two squares past the original position in the other direction - so on and so forth.

With this method, you only need a maximum of two moves per column to place each flowerpot in the correct spot. You do need to pay a bit more attention (and do some basic arithmetic) compared to the trial and error method though.

... or someone can make an AP. :p

#337 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

Doubtful someone will spend the time making an AP'er for this unless it turns into a daily. :/

#338 Nalah

Nalah
  • Can't hug every cat

• 555 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:40 AM

More stuff! 

Here, have this. I'm sure Tippens won't mind.

bd_earthfaerie_slingshot.gif
Earth Faerie Slingshot

Edited by Nalah, 13 October 2013 - 01:40 AM.

#339 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

This items "Battledome" are good items? 

bd_gemgreen_sword.gif

Emerald Sword

#340 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

Ghostkerchief Hammer
Okay, so now we should probably—whoa, you don't look so good. Are you all right?

I knew they would extend the table eventually. If they extended the neopets screen resolution just for this stupid puzzle... I'll... I'll... hold on for a sec. I need to get my bag of casual threats against TNT. *reaches into the bag and picks out a folded slip of paper* Ahem.

I'll tie Lawyerbot to a bolted down metal chair and ignite his collection of Usuki limited edition memorabilia with a flamethrower set on automatic.

Ooh. There's some good threats in this here bag.

#341 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Wasn't there an event sort of like this before? There were little characters that you put on a table or something and the table got bigger and bigger...

#342 Fikri

Fikri
  • submissive

• 4433 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

Wasn't there an event sort of like this before? There were little characters that you put on a table or something and the table got bigger and bigger...

yeah, the krawk dissapearance event..

#343 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

yeah, the krawk dissapearance event..

This is probably something like that. :p To redraw the Haunted Woods or something.

Well, I mean, it seems to be the key to this part of the melody, anyway. Good job. Um... *fumbles around the room*

Here, have this. I'm sure Tippens won't mind.

staffofearth.gif
Staff of the Earth Faerie

Okay, so now we should probably—whoa, you don't look so good. Are you all right?

#344 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

This is probably something like that. :p To redraw the Haunted Woods or something.

That really wouldn't be a bad thing in the least. It's been the same map with just more squeezed into it for... years now? lol.

#345 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

That really wouldn't be a bad thing in the least. It's been the same map with just more squeezed into it for... years now? lol.

You could apply that to the entire site.

Still the same old Neo, with more shitty content every day!

#346 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 11:34 AM

You could apply that to the entire site.

Still the same old Neo, with more shitty content every day!

Not really. They've been redrawing most of the lands. Faerieland got a much needed uplift when it crashed into the ground for instance.

#347 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Is Neovia next in line for a redraw? I still consider them relatively new. The next land that needs a redraw is Mystery Island.

#348 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Is Neovia next in line for a redraw? I still consider them relatively new. The next land that needs a redraw is Mystery Island.

The Haunted Woods itself and the Deserted Fairgrounds. Then Mystery Island and Neopia Central.

#349 Trey

Trey
  • 364 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

In my opinion, none of the lands need a re-draw. A re-draw invariably entails more flash elements and more lag.

#350 Syntax

Syntax
  • Not an error.

• 991 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

Not really. They've been redrawing most of the lands. Faerieland got a much needed uplift when it crashed into the ground for instance.

I meant the stuff like the daily content. New books, new food, new whatever, with little to no creativity except a snazzy new tagline in its description. I'm all FOR the redraws, I think it's a good thing, but mainly I wish TNT would deal with the current projects they have (Battledome DoN, Habi updates, freaking Neofriends bar that's in "beta", Mystery Pic reward script...) before they go do something else. A lot of the new items seem like filler items to keep people happy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users