Photo

obnoxiously high buy times?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mazz

mazz
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:18 PM

so i've been missing like all of the things i've found lately and when i finally got some i could see why.

2013-12-14 14:26:15 - Bought Yellow Peophin Plushie: 4444 NP in 3955ms

2013-12-14 15:33:03 - Bought Peach Gummy Lutari: 2424 NP in 2836ms 

doe those times seem high to anyone else? my ocr times are about 0.8-1.2 seconds, and I haven't really messed with anything lately so i'm not sure why these times are so high. :/ before my times were actually pretty low, and i haven't switched internet providers or used a proxy. 

would it be safe to lower my ocr times? and does anyone know why they're suddenly so high?

#2 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

so i've been missing like all of the things i've found lately and when i finally got some i could see why.
2013-12-14 14:26:15 - Bought Yellow Peophin Plushie: 4444 NP in 3955ms
2013-12-14 15:33:03 - Bought Peach Gummy Lutari: 2424 NP in 2836ms 

doe those times seem high to anyone else? my ocr times are about 0.8-1.2 seconds, and I haven't really messed with anything lately so i'm not sure why these times are so high. :/ before my times were actually pretty low, and i haven't switched internet providers or used a proxy. 
would it be safe to lower my ocr times? and does anyone know why they're suddenly so high?

If memory serves me correctly, there are more options to toggle besides OCR time. There should be pre-haggle delays, and refresh times as well as the image captcha delay. It could be one of those that is making the buy time so long.

But more to the point, is 3.9 or 2.8 seconds really that long to realistically buy something? If you're in some crazy shop or something (magic shop in particular) of course you'll miss the MPs and whatnot. But rest assured that the people beating you to those MPs will probably be frozen for ridiculous buy times. Better to play it safe and take what you can get rather than trying to go for broke on your main.

I know you said you haven't switched ISPs or hardware, but it could be some other problem unrelated to the AB. I recently started experiencing staggeringly slow bandwidth speeds, but my Wi-Fi manager kept telling me it had no problems connecting to the network or establishing links to the WWW. I mean, my up/down speeds were measured in kilobits ffs (first world problems). When we finally got a FiOS tech out to check, it turns out that they had used a cheap splitter when they upgraded our DSL to FiOS. The cable from the FiOS terminal went into this splitter, and from there to the router and the TV cable box. Over time, the splitter had degraded, and eventually it affected the speed of the traffic to the router.

At least, this is what the techs said. My point is, you may have a firewall in place, or a cable loose on your router, or any number of things.

#3 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:24 PM

I am guessing it could be due to high traffic your isp is having at certain times. I tried to ab on my school computer and I get anywhere from 1900 ms to more than double that time. You could lower your prehaggle and ocr delay to almost nothing as long as it's still above the safe zone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users