Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

What's it like these days?

#2 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

I did for a bit before school came in and I found better games. The filters are crazy, the "events" are really quite annoying/tiresome to complete for so little rewards, the "updates" sometimes fix glitches and sometimes cause them. A whole ton of people started getting frozen because of a glitch with Maplestory's in game currency (some was illegit or something) and then they tried to fix it and they didn't really fix anything. In comparison with other online games, Maplestory tends to be at the bottom rung. Plus, a lot of the items you need to give more damage are paid for only, so that's a bit annoying. Apparently their customer service is nearly as bad as TNT's is (I haven't personally used it). 

Edited by Satsuki, 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#3 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:45 PM

I've never ever been able to get it to work. 

#4 Trinket

Trinket
  • Peen of the Quorygons

• 95 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:05 PM

I did until around June -- I stopped playing for a month or so, and then my usual method of getting global to function in the UK was either patched, or just no longer worked >_> I miss it a lot.

There were an awful lot of events and they were hard to keep up with, but I enjoyed them a lot.  I wish it would work ;___;

#5 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:13 AM

When I get my new laptop back it'll probably one of the first things I download. That and gunbound.

#6 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:35 AM

Maple nowadays is a pile of wank, but they made it easier to level up so i guess thats something.

#7 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:39 AM

When I get my new laptop back it'll probably one of the first things I download. That and gunbound.

I can't tell if you are joking or not.

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:40 AM

Figured I might play some Global again now that I'm actually in the US. My highest level is an 87, so we'll see how that goes xD

#9 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:56 AM

Figured I might play some Global again now that I'm actually in the US. My highest level is an 87, so we'll see how that goes xD

Depending on how efficient you are, you can get to 87 and beyond in less than a day's work. It's ridiculously easy to level at lower levels.

There's also like 20 classes now. So have fun deciding what you want to try.

#10 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:59 AM

Depending on how efficient you are, you can get to 87 and beyond in less than a day's work. It's ridiculously easy to level at lower levels.

There's also like 20 classes now. So have fun deciding what you want to try.

I was just checking the ranking, and saw that the highest level is 250 now. So I've got that to work towards xD

#11 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:05 AM

I was just checking the ranking, and saw that the highest level is 250 now. So I've got that to work towards xD

Heh if you have the free time and motivation you can at least try for 250. :p I give up on characters by the time I get to around 120 or 130 when the equipment gets too expensive.

#12 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:12 AM

Heh if you have the free time and motivation you can at least try for 250. :p I give up on characters by the time I get to around 120 or 130 when the equipment gets too expensive.

I was sure I had a cleric that broke 100, but I can't find them... so maybe I didn't. Or they were banned. My 87 cleric is blacklisted :p

#13 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:28 AM

There are so many good games, why on earth would you want to play Maplestory?

#14 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:32 AM

There are so many good shows, why on earth would you want to watch my little pony?

#15 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:34 AM

There are so many good shows, why on earth would you want to watch my little pony?

Because it's a good show. Also shows are not analogous to games

#16 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:44 AM

Why, nostalgia, of course ^_^

#17 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:08 AM

It's a good waste of time. I can't spend all my time on cocaine and hookers you know?

#18 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

It's bloody typical that they go down for maintenance about ten minutes before my install completes :p

#19 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:20 AM

It's bloody typical that they go down for maintenance about ten minutes before my install completes :p

Well you can research all the convoluted bullshit they've added over the years while you wait! ^_^

Seriously there's waaaaay too many classes now.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:27 AM

Well you can research all the convoluted bullshit they've added over the years while you wait! ^_^

Seriously there's waaaaay too many classes now.

I think I'll just wait :p

#21 Cant Stop Me

Cant Stop Me
  • 694 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

I used to play many years ago, I got to level 100 and then got bored so I stopped playing. A year later I tried to come back but they deleted my account because I hadn't played for a while which is pretty shitty since I spent money on there.
P.s their support sucks.

#22 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:15 AM

I used to play many years ago, I got to level 100 and then got bored so I stopped playing. A year later I tried to come back but they deleted my account because I hadn't played for a while which is pretty shitty since I spent money on there.
P.s their support sucks.

That seems unlikely. I just reactivated several accounts that had been inactive for around five years.

#23 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:11 AM

Yeah same. My old assassin frizsin was still active after being dormant for 6 years...

#24 Haliax

Haliax
  • 366 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:01 PM

I could never deal with the grind back when it was uber-popular. Now it's dead. Lol at the guy suggesting Gunbound.

Full on nostalgia.

#25 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 March 2014 - 01:01 PM

Is gunbound not popular anymore?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users