Quantcast

Photo

What kind of forum awards do you want, if any?

• Please log in to reply
498 replies to this topic

Poll: Icons! (47 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of award icons would you like to see?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#426 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:18 PM

I think we ALL need to lay off the coffee for a minute and take a deep breath and relax. It's getting a little hostile in here.

but also can I add that i like that this is a great conversation and people are saying what's on their mind and no one (seems) to be getting too upset or taking things personal?

It irks me that multiple members have come here to voice their opinions and concerns, or make suggestions, and we've all gotten the same generic, defensive response.

#427 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:19 PM

I'm certain people sit with a big spoon just waiting to stir things up here. 

#428 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

The fact you two awarded it to each other based on your 'cop' idea... and the fact it's coffee... and cops are known for their coffee... :p

It just seems like a biiiiig coincidence, Kate, and I don't think I'm the only person to realise it. ;) 

The only reason people are interested in this now is because you're denying it and saying it's some kind of secret award.  :/ 

Either way, I hope this award is removed along with the test awards.

@Rocket you are spot on...

If you look closely you'll see she awarded them both, we didn't award them to each other. 
I don't really appreciate being called a liar. It is Emily's award and she has set a criteria for people to achieve it, the other staff can see this criteria in Staff General to back up our "claim". :/ 

#429 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:20 PM

Indeed I did. While what you posted can be brushed off for whatever reasoning, since you are only one person, if someone else raises that question too it draws attention back to it. If enough people question it then we have no exclusive things for anyone and everyone can obtain it. Thus making it fair across the board. Savvy?

I asked you if you read it, because in my post I stated the doge award was bullshit and for fun, considering I made it. So why bring it up in a different post? The awards haven't even been announced, so I don't think it's accurate to compare the "for fun" awards to ones that are now being said to be "secretly" achievable

I also don't appreciate being patronized...

Edited by Kat, 01 March 2014 - 12:21 PM.

#430 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

If you look closely you'll see she awarded them both, we didn't award them to each other. 
I don't really appreciate being called a liar. It is Emily's award and she has set a criteria for people to achieve it, the other staff can see this criteria in Staff General to back up our "claim". :/ 

Sorry, the evidence just points toward that  :sleep:

#431 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

Sorry, the evidence just points toward that  :sleep:

Well, you're wrong. *shrug*

#432 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:23 PM

I asked you if you read it, because in my post I stated the doge award was bullshit and for fun, considering I made it. So why bring it up in a different post? The awards haven't even been announced, so I don't think it's accurate to compare the "for fun" awards to ones that are now being said to be "secretly" achievable.

Sigh.

You are one person who voiced about it. I added my input and made it two. Two people voicing the same thing is better than one. Don't you think? 

I was agreeing with the sentiment. 

Fuck. 

#433 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

You just can't win with some people, unfortunately.

#434 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:24 PM

The fact you two awarded it to each other based on your 'cop' idea... and the fact it's coffee... and cops are known for their coffee... :p

It just seems like a biiiiig coincidence, Kate, and I don't think I'm the only person to realise it. ;) 

The only reason people are interested in this now is because you're denying it and saying it's some kind of secret award.  :/ 

Either way, I hope this award is removed along with the test awards.

@Rocket you are spot on...

I was just making a joke because our user titles are bad cop and good cop. I love coffee that's why I asked Strat to put the award up. I searched for literally two hours to find a cute little coffee cup that was free to use. I didn't make Strat aware of the criteria, but he just told me I can award it to whoever I want. I single-handedly decided to make criteria for it after he had gone off to make dinner (this was about 3-4 AM my time). He was gone so I decided I would tell him tomorrow, and I went to sleep.

That's the entire story. I wanted to have a fun little award that I could give people who meet this criteria. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about having a little bit of fun with the awards.

#435 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:25 PM

Sigh.

You are one person who voiced about it. I added my input and made it two. Two people voicing the same thing is better than one. Don't you think? 

I was agreeing with the sentiment. 

Fuck. 

Your post didn't imply that at all, and it was phrased in a very patronizing way. 

#436 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

I was just making a joke because our user titles are bad cop and good cop. I love coffee that's why I asked Strat to put the award up. I searched for literally two hours to find a cute little coffee cup that was free to use. I didn't make Strat aware of the criteria, but he just told me I can award it to whoever I want. I single-handedly decided to make criteria for it after he had gone off to make dinner (this was about 3-4 AM my time). He was gone so I decided I would tell him tomorrow, and I went to sleep.

That's the entire story. I wanted to have a fun little award that I could give people who meet this criteria. I honestly don't see what the big deal is about having a little bit of fun with the awards.

Unilateral decision-making by someone who's been on the forum for less than a year can never end well.

And Kate's standoffishness is what's making this such a big deal.

#437 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

I think it's very hard to understand the tone behind words written on a screen rather than said in person, so things are greatly misunderstood at this point. Kate might come off as a bitch in her response (no offense just using as an example) but really she's not, and just explaining things simply.

So we all just need to chill a little and remember this is still in test-phasing and try not to get so upset about things whether we agree or disagree on awards in general.

#438 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Secret criteria is the shit~ I'm game for nice surprises :3

Your post didn't imply that at all, and it was phrased in a very patronizing way. 

So you misread it and somehow I'm deserving of your lip for backing you up.

Make sense. 

No it really doesn't.

#439 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Cool! That sounds absolutely fine, yeah, and I'm glad you admitted that it was done just as a bit of fun for you and Kate. 

Let's not pretend that it was made for any other reason though...

Thanks for clearing it up @Emily, I respect that and I respect you. 

#440 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Honestly I'm not going to jump down your throat. It's just odd that it went to another staff member is all. I don't begrudge Kate her pixels, it's all good. In fact I'm hoping we have many more hidden or secret awards, for forum veterans as well as newbies.

#441 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

I'm sorry if you guys feel that I'm being standoffish lol
I just don't know what to say to make you guys understand that her award wasn't given to me just because we're friends. :/ 

It's difficult to speak with 3-4 people who are all determined you're lying about an award that isn't even yours.. 

#442 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:29 PM

I think it's very hard to understand the tone behind words written on a screen rather than said in person, so things are greatly misunderstood at this point. Kate might come off as a bitch in her response (no offense just using as an example) but really she's not, and just explaining things simply.

So we all just need to chill a little and remember this is still in test-phasing and try not to get so upset about things whether we agree or disagree on awards in general.

I agree, definitely. I think this was blown a little out of proportion ( as most things on Codex usually are )

#443 Guest_Sarah_*

Guest_Sarah_*

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:30 PM

Unilateral decision-making by someone who's been on the forum for less than a year can never end well.

Oh god we get it! Emily hasn't been here long. 

Call the bad cop! Good cop needs taking away!

If she's here and doing what she is supposed to, with backing from the rest of the mods, then what business is it of anyone's to keep giving her shit for her time spent here? 

#444 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:32 PM

I agree, definitely. I think this was blown a little out of proportion ( as most things on Codex usually are )

Usually by the same, small group of people who seem to prefer generating unnecessary public drama to just PMing somebody to ask about a situation they're concerned about. ;) Our PM inboxes are always open you know. :p

#445 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 12:34 PM

I'm sorry if I created any drama by asking for an award -cries and runs off with my third cup of coffee-

#446 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Usually by the same, small group of people who seem to prefer generating unnecessary public drama to just PMing somebody to ask about a situation they're concerned about. ;) Our PM inboxes are always open you know. :p

I PM'd Strat about this earlier, I'll add you to it if you like :p

It was brought up by other people and I decided to share my views.

#447 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

I'm sorry if I created any drama by asking for an award -cries and runs off with my third cup of coffee-

Don't worry, I wasn't referring to you. :p

#448 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:11 PM

Is there a way to make it so you get a notification when you get an achievement award?

#449 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:17 PM

Is there a way to make it so you get a notification when you get an achievement award?

No idea but it's something worth looking into :p

#450 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

I don't think there's a setting for that in the current system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users