• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#101 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:35 AM

I can't get my head wrapped around the idea that people are addicted to coffee. I almost never drink coffee or even hot beverages except for tea. I think the only time I got hooked on caffeine was during Frappy Hour in May just because they tasted good and they were half off.

#102 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 11:41 AM

I can't get my head wrapped around the idea that people are addicted to coffee. I almost never drink coffee or even hot beverages except for tea. I think the only time I got hooked on caffeine was during Frappy Hour in May just because they tasted good and they were half off.

You'd be addicted to coffee if you have a vicious cycle of insomnia but needing to be mentally awake during the day :p

But I don't depend on coffee to be alive. But I a) enjoy the taste b) keeps me awake c) It's how I spend most of my time with friends (over a cup of coffee and talking). It's just become a part of my life. Like turning on the rice cooker and taking off my bra when I get home.

#103 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:00 PM

You'd be addicted to coffee if you have a vicious cycle of insomnia but needing to be mentally awake during the day :p

But I don't depend on coffee to be alive. But I a) enjoy the taste b) keeps me awake c) It's how I spend most of my time with friends (over a cup of coffee and talking). It's just become a part of my life. Like turning on the rice cooker and taking off my bra when I get home.

^ Basically this. xD idk when my coffee addiction started, but its not quite as bad as it used to be. Luckily where I work now, we have a keurig. So that is a whole lot cheaper than starbucks or any other coffeeshop around.

A few years ago, I would stop into starbucks every day before work and get a drink. I ended up calculating how much I was spending... I think it was like $115 a month or something insane like that.

That definitely helped me cut down significantly.

#104 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:01 PM

^ Basically this. xD idk when my coffee addiction started, but its not quite as bad as it used to be. Luckily where I work now, we have a keurig. So that is a whole lot cheaper than starbucks or any other coffeeshop around.

A few years ago, I would stop into starbucks every day before work and get a drink. I ended up calculating how much I was spending... I think it was like $115 a month or something insane like that.

That definitely helped me cut down significantly.

Even cheaper and way better-tasting than k-cups: actual coffee. You should consider investing in a French press and grinder. :D

#105 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

I'm not giving up shit.

#106 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:07 PM

Even cheaper and way better-tasting than k-cups: actual coffee. You should consider investing in a French press and grinder. :D

I do love french pressed coffee... but my boss provides the keurig and k-cups, except for when I want something besides what she has. But I found a bargain/discount store that has 12 k-cups for like $3-$4.

So... right now, I just dont wanna invest in that. Plus I'm always in a rush in the morning, because I'm terrible about snoozing my alarm until I have hardly any time to get ready -_- so... yeah. bleh.

#107 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:10 PM

I do love french pressed coffee... but my boss provides the keurig and k-cups, except for when I want something besides what she has. But I found a bargain/discount store that has 12 k-cups for like $3-$4.

So... right now, I just dont wanna invest in that. Plus I'm always in a rush in the morning, because I'm terrible about snoozing my alarm until I have hardly any time to get ready -_- so... yeah. bleh.

Ah, I understand. I didn't mean to come across as a coffee snob, I'll drink anything that vaguely looks or smells like coffee. Even instant coffee.  :mellow:

I'm not giving up shit.

Imagine the constipation.

#108 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:12 PM

Imagine the constipation.

Same mind.

Your gastrointestinal tract will thank you

#109 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:13 PM

Another advantage of coffee: glorious coffee shits

#110 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:45 AM

Another advantage of coffee: glorious coffee shits

College has changed you

#111 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 07:47 AM

I really considered giving up Facebook just for the sake of giving up something that is unhealthy. 

I don't think I could.. :/

#112 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

I failed already. 

I'm so weak :( 

#113 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:01 AM

I failed already.
I'm so weak :(

Smoking or drinking? Or both?

#114 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I really considered giving up Facebook just for the sake of giving up something that is unhealthy. 

oh gosh, I could never! Facebook/Instagram/Snapchat I'm addicted and not afraid to admit it :p

#115 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:12 AM

I feel like there's no real point in giving it up. I just miss out on knowing things that other people know. I just usually block or ignore the drama and stuff and scroll through your baby photos.

#116 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:15 AM

I gave up Facebook and it's one of the best decisions of my life. I hate giving out fucks to people who don't really matter in my life and I don't have many fucks to begin with. I think the last thing I did on Facebook was accept Emily's friend request (I was surprised because she friended the right person with my actual name).

#117 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:17 AM

I gave up Facebook and it's one of the best decisions of my life. I hate giving out fucks to people who don't really matter in my life and I don't have many fucks to begin with. I think the last thing I did on Facebook was accept Emily's friend request (I was surprised because she friended the right person with my actual name).

Why not just delete all the people you don't have a crap about? I've deleted over 500 and now my facebook is full of awesome people. And @Strategist. He's still there. ugh.

#118 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:19 AM

I don't understand how people can have 1000's of friends. I have barely 300 and I feel like that's a lot most of the time.

#119 Keil

Keil

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:26 AM

Why not just delete all the people you don't have a crap about? I've deleted over 500 and now my facebook is full of awesome people. And @Strategist. He's still there. ugh.

I can't honestly be bothered deleting 200+ people to leave like only 11 people on my list and I don't have time nor effort nor motivation to read though feeds an hour a day just to catch up. Sadly, I'm no longer the 15 year old who was addicted to facebook and spent every hour and energy caring about other people who I probably will never see in the next 5 years. I already have great people in my life whom I can call up and hang out and take all my time and energy to deal with their drama to live with.

#120 Tubbz

Tubbz
  • The High Fairy of Priestessvil.

• 996 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

Smoking or drinking? Or both?

Both. :( 

Went out last night for quiz night. Started well, I drove so I couldn't drink. 

Was a long walk to get my car this morning :'( 

#121 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 09:35 AM

I feel like there's no real point in giving it up. I just miss out on knowing things that other people know. I just usually block or ignore the drama and stuff and scroll through your baby photos.

Yeah my friend list is pretty tiny and there is actually minimal drama aside from the occasional airing of people's dirty laundry.
I just think I spend too much time there and rely on it too much to keep in touch with people I could just call.

#122 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:05 AM

I can't honestly be bothered deleting 200+ people to leave like only 11 people on my list and I don't have time nor effort nor motivation to read though feeds an hour a day just to catch up. Sadly, I'm no longer the 15 year old who was addicted to facebook and spent every hour and energy caring about other people who I probably will never see in the next 5 years. I already have great people in my life whom I can call up and hang out and take all my time and energy to deal with their drama to live with.

Ahh I guess that makes sense. I've made quite a few friends over the years who have moved away and all that so I guess I have quite a few people I do wanna hear about. Also being in the music community (ish) sorta forces me to network a bit.

Yeah my friend list is pretty tiny and there is actually minimal drama aside from the occasional airing of people's dirty laundry.
I just think I spend too much time there and rely on it too much to keep in touch with people I could just call.

I don't even call. I dont' even message people really. I just post a status and come back in 20 hours :p

#123 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 10:27 AM

Ahh I guess that makes sense. I've made quite a few friends over the years who have moved away and all that so I guess I have quite a few people I do wanna hear about. Also being in the music community (ish) sorta forces me to network a bit.

I don't even call. I dont' even message people really. I just post a status and come back in 20 hours :p

I definitely rely on it too much. Like when I considered giving it up the first thing I thought of was "Ugh I'll have to use skype to talk to Emily all day." lol

#124 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:40 AM

I definitely rely on it too much. Like when I considered giving it up the first thing I thought of was "Ugh I'll have to use skype to talk to Emily all day." lol

It's probably because I just text most of the people I wanna talk to. or get ignored by Cronus on Whatsapp

#125 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 07 March 2014 - 11:43 AM

It's probably because I just text most of the people I wanna talk to. or get ignored by Cronus on Whatsapp

I don't have a cell phone :p Otherwise I probably would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users