• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#26 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:19 AM

I find comfort in the fact that I am not suffering alone in those departments.I'm a lead technician in a pharmacy. Not a day goes by where I don't think, "I could just quit. Maybe starving won't be so bad." It isn't the patients. It isn't the insurance plans. It isn't the company I work for. It's the people I work with, the astonishing lengths they will go to just to avoid doing what they're getting paid to do, and the constant bitching about the same annoying things that happen every single day.

I feel you. The amount of incompetent idiots that I have to deal with on a daily basis (I work for an automotive vision systems company as head design engineer) is doing my head in. But it pays the bills and we have enough $ left over to actually enjoy our lives too. The missus is studying to become a Midwife as we speak too, so once she's qualified we should be sitting pretty :) but its not been without sacrifices either. We both work hard to get where we are now and it pays off.

#27 WhiteMage

WhiteMage
  • 169 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:45 AM

I'm working as Technical Consultant and I troubleshoot TV, landline and Internet connection issues. I work for a cable company, currently enjoying the job although I have a degree in BS Nursing but I'm not practising my nursing profession because here in my country, it's so hard to find a job related to our College degree.

What do I want to do in the future?

Probably own a business because although I love my job, being employed can be a drag sometimes. No time for anything.

#28 arcanum

arcanum
  • 1748 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:09 PM

I'm a hair dresser -- been licensed for a little over 6years now ^.^ I love it.

#29 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:29 PM

I work at a YouTube network.
Yeah, I'm the asshole that makes this happen:
youtube.jpg

#30 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:31 PM

I work at a YouTube network.

Ooh, that's interesting. What network? A lot of my friends are a part of ChannelFlip.

#31 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:35 PM

FaroLatino, we work mostly with Latin American people, for obvious reasons.

#32 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

FaroLatino, we work mostly with Latin American people, for obvious reasons.

Cool ^^ Never heard of it, myself, but I don't really follow much non-UK YouTube :p

#33 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

I find comfort in the fact that I am not suffering alone in those departments.I'm a lead technician in a pharmacy. Not a day goes by where I don't think, "I could just quit. Maybe starving won't be so bad." It isn't the patients. It isn't the insurance plans. It isn't the company I work for. It's the people I work with, the astonishing lengths they will go to just to avoid doing what they're getting paid to do, and the constant bitching about the same annoying things that happen every single day.

Seriously. Yes, X coworker thinks she knows everything. Yes, Y coworker doesn't like being asked to leave her desk. Yes, Z coworker is just a bitch in general. This is not new information. We all know these things. Can we stop bitching about it incessantly and get some work done? Everyone is so busy not helping anyone because they feel like no one ever helps them that the company has stagnated. They are so apathetic that it has seeped into me just by being there. I have changed, and I hate it. I wish I could fire everyone. Unfortunately, I can't run the office on my own.

#34 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:13 PM

*pat pat*

#35 wildwolfspirit

wildwolfspirit
  • 57 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:11 PM

Well at the moment I have three jobs! 

All in education and all from home....I contract for one company/school, work part-time for another, and then work full-time for another...

Although I don't envy you guys having terrible co-workers, sometimes I miss real life human interaction :p

#36 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:17 PM

I enjoy three of my co-workers and two of them I dislike (mostly because they are just annoying and ask too many stupid questions). I'm in a satellite office on the opposite side of the country from where the actual companies (more than one because the owner likes to buy companies all over the place) I do work for are located. 

#37 njn

njn
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

I'm working as Technical Consultant and I troubleshoot TV, landline and Internet connection issues. I work for a cable company, currently enjoying the job although I have a degree in BS Nursing but I'm not practising my nursing profession because here in my country, it's so hard to find a job related to our College degree.

What do I want to do in the future?

Probably own a business because although I love my job, being employed can be a drag sometimes. No time for anything.

I am curious as to what country you live in where you can't use your nursing degree?  Did you get the degree in a different country?

I graduated with a BS in nursing as well, but I have yet to start working...still waiting to be licensed.  Currently serving at a Japanese sushi & noodle restaurant  :S I'm making enough money to pay the bills and save up a little extra, but I am impatient to be making more.

@wildwolfspirit - I would love to work from home...so jealous!

#38 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

My whole office is full of utterly delightful sorts. I feel quite blessed now.

#39 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 12:23 AM

I mainly work alone nowadays, but shitty co-workers do suck the life and fun out of a job.

#40 Magical

Magical
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:10 AM

I pester my parents :p

#41 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:53 AM

I pester my parents :p

^^This is well. I am 9 weeks away from my degree and am living at home while doing my rotations. While I love saving money and eating home cooked meals, DAMN my parents are crazy! 

#42 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:16 PM

^^This is well. I am 9 weeks away from my degree and am living at home while doing my rotations. While I love saving money and eating home cooked meals, DAMN my parents are crazy! 

xD I'm 2 years away from mine xD

#43 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:24 PM

@Magical, what degree are you working toward? 

#44 Magical

Magical

• 801 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 08:42 PM

Commerce and Diploma of Langs. Then hopefully an mba :)

#45 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 March 2014 - 11:03 PM

I teach martial arts. Specifically Korean taekwondo.

Wish I had waser's job though. Pro ass handler is a pretty leet job title.

#46 travis

travis
  • 5408 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:29 PM

I drive a truck. Whoop.

#47 Mikah

Mikah
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 12:33 AM

I make donuts at a bakery. I don't really....enjoy it though...

#48 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 06:27 PM

I work as a musician; I went to college to learn music as well :).

I teach music, play music, do some arrangements, some jingles... just music.

I'm saving so I could travel to UK, and then major in jazz arrangements in Berklee.

#49 Iridium77

Iridium77
  • 227 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:05 AM

Pharmacy technician here.. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: real life, adulthood, life, sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users