#152 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

i wish i could trade some of my posts for an old member's join date. :crybaby:

Trade you a year of my membership for 500 posts

Edited by valentino91, 16 April 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#153 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

i wish i could trade some of my posts for an old member's join date. :crybaby:

You hit a year in pretty much dead on two months :p That's not much of a wait.

#154 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Pretty much. Do people seriously think that our combined 100,000 posts are all well educated, intellectual and stimulating conversations?

Yes, since you're all British.

To be part of the Kool Kids Klub.

YAY ERRBODY LOVES THE KKK!

#155 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 April 2014 - 05:24 PM

Pretty much. Do people seriously think that our combined 100,000 posts are all well educated, intellectual and stimulating conversations?

I still amazed at how we were able to make ~3000 daily posts as a forum in 2006. We don't even get close these days. I swear people were looking at the post counter, and deliberately making more fun to get it higher.

#156 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:47 AM

I still amazed at how we were able to make ~3000 daily posts as a forum in 2006. We don't even get close these days. I swear people were looking at the post counter, and deliberately making more fun to get it higher.

Everyone was enjoying themselves back then. The old members, the new members, the mods, the admins. It was a good time to be a neopets cheating community.

#157 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:28 AM

Everyone was enjoying themselves back then. The old members, the new members, the mods, the admins. It was a good time to be a neopets cheating community.

Now the newer members hate the old members, we question every decision the mods make, think the current admin was chosen only because of where he was born, and don't play neopets.

Damn.

#158 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 03:56 AM

Now the newer members hate the old members, we question every decision the mods make, think the current admin was chosen only because of where he was born, and don't play neopets.

Damn.

Speak for yourself, dude.

#159 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 04:29 AM

Damn.

You are very wrong.
and did you just say Strat was promoted because he's Australian??? Tha fack

#160 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 05:12 AM

If I had to guess, I would say that Ivysaur was attempting sarcastic humour.

#161 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:39 AM

Damn.

I'm counting down the days until I'm raptured.

#162 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

Well we always were looking for someone to moderate from the Australian/NZ and European time zones so someone would always be on if needed... In the past it was Ange and Joe taking on that role. Now Joe's gone all American on me now... which is quite an adjustment. 

And instead of questioning every moderator's decision... embrace it. Open the spoiler on my sig. Almost all of that was edited by staff members. We abused our power and violated other members all the time. And we liked it, darn it! It was an honor to be molested by a staff member!

#163 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

And instead of questioning every moderator's decision... embrace it. Open the spoiler on my sig. Almost all of that was edited by staff members. We abused our power and violated other members all the time. And we liked it, darn it! It was an honor to be molested by a staff member!

I always saw questioning the decisions part of the friendly banter between mods and users.

#164 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 10:21 AM

Well we always were looking for someone to moderate from the Australian/NZ and European time zones so someone would always be on if needed... In the past it was Ange and Joe taking on that role. Now Joe's gone all American on me now... which is quite an adjustment. 

I think the higher I got in staff, the more I abused my power. I took over half the site's signatures at one point.

#165 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:53 AM

"Abusing" powers is a vital part of being a moderator, imo. Staff need to be able to be srsbsns when required, sure, but they must also be able to kick back and hang loose, man.

#166 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Speak for yourself, dude.

You are very wrong.
and did you just say Strat was promoted because he's Australian??? Tha fack

<sarcasm></sarcasm>

If I had to guess, I would say that Ivysaur was attempting sarcastic humour.

It's BULBASAUR now Sweeney.

#167 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

<sarcasm></sarcasm>

clever

#168 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

<sarcasm></sarcasm>

Did you somehow de-evolve then? 

Edited by Satsuki, 17 April 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#169 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

So?

#170 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

<sarcasm></sarcasm>

You'll always be Ivysaur in my house.

#171 DonValentino

DonValentino
  • Neocodex Handegg League Champion/Daddy

• 2482 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

He pressed B

#172 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:15 PM

He pressed B

...that doesn't work.

#173 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Miaow. People still enjoy themselves on this site, it's just shifted its focus and it's readership. If you want to get that kind of activity back, you'll have to get a bunch of teenagers in here again. Most of us have jobs, marriages, kids, robot dinosaurs and other mature responsibilities to look after.

As well as the increase in social media such as whatsapp, Facebook, grindr, tumblr etc people will take their activity elsewhere. Look at IRC or whatever it's called. Back in the day we'd ban something like that as it takes away activity and the only social media we had was MSN or MySpace (ewwwww).

Plus no-one interesting plays neopets anymore which is incredibly ironic.

#174 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:57 PM

I snorted a few too many everstones.

#175 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

Miaow. People still enjoy themselves on this site, it's just shifted its focus and it's readership. If you want to get that kind of activity back, you'll have to get a bunch of teenagers in here again. Most of us have jobs, marriages, kids, robot dinosaurs and other mature responsibilities to look after.

As well as the increase in social media such as whatsapp, Facebook, grindr, tumblr etc people will take their activity elsewhere. Look at IRC or whatever it's called. Back in the day we'd ban something like that as it takes away activity and the only social media we had was MSN or MySpace (ewwwww).

I wish our robot dinosaur would stop taking up so much of my time. :( Nobody told me how tough being an actual grownup would be.

I miss big group MSN conversations back in the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users