What really grinds YOUR gears?

• Please log in to reply
1621 replies to this topic

#1501 Susie

Susie
  • 1382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:03 PM

I think if people were posting in those threads for fun they wouldn't care what forum they're in. I think people were using those threads to post something that takes two seconds, with little to no-substance, to increase their post count. Which is not what General Chat is for. Since they were moved they've even been referred to as "Our post increasing topics"... 

Make new discussion topics! Those ones had 100+ pages of people posting things like:
"I fell down at work."
"I forgot to set my alarm."
"I had a good coffee."
"I won $50."
"I ate pizza."

Quality over quantity guys. :p

I won $50 is a HUGE accomplishment though!  :lol2:

Falling down at work resulted in a broken ankle.

Life can be altered by good or bad coffee.

Eating pizza is certainly a thing. 

#1502 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:04 PM

I won $50 is a HUGE accomplishment though!  :lol2:

Falling down at work resulted in a broken ankle.

Life can be altered by good or bad coffee.

Eating pizza is certainly a thing. 

Yes of course! But it shouldn't matter which forum they are in if you're posting them for the right reasons. :p That's my point. 

#1503 Emily

Emily
  • Wonder Woman

• 6508 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:06 PM

They weren't moved to punish anyone. They were ruling general chat and that area was ok need of some new topics. They had a good 50-100 some pages so they had gone on long enough. They were being used almost as if to increase post count and, quite frankly, it's somewhat boring to see that they're the only things being posted in. You can still post here, but let's try out some new topics for once.

#1504 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:07 PM

It's 2016. New topics are so overrated :D.

#1505 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

It's 2016. New topics are so overrated :D.

Embrace the change Adam, it's a revolution man. 
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

#1506 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 12:29 PM

quite frankly, it's somewhat boring to see that they're the only things being posted in. 

I think this happened because people relate to what happens to others, and these kind of topics are a nice way to connect with others, especially when a community is a bit slow moving.

These were, and still are, the topics I decide to visit every time I login because I get to see if someone's happy or if something bad happen to them. They're a quick way to engage in talks and share points of view, opinions, advices and support. No wonder they are the most used... We all want someone to understand us or to hear us rant about something :p

There might be people or occasions where they were used to increase post count, but to be honest pretty much every topic has that, because there will be always people that only post because of that.

As for the reason you said they're moved: to make people create new interesting topics, I really hope it works. We need more activity around here :D

#1507 Roger5

Roger5
  • 151 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:11 PM

Going outside and trying to play with my dog only to have my body end up in slices from the dalmatian beast

#1508 Kass

Kass
  • 581 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:09 PM

God it pisses me off so much when people don't let me talk. I get constantly interrupted and then when I do get the chance to speak they either completely disregard what I said or ignore it. And these are my fucking friends. God...

#1509 Salade

Salade
  • 551 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2016 - 09:52 AM

When dudes take more than an hour to respond. I'm an impetatient and insecure lil baby.

#1510 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2016 - 12:42 PM

Politics.

The present government (elected a couple months ago) wants to increase the minimum wage by 5€ and cut off medical appointment prices by 50 cents. This made the biggest opposition party's panties in a bunch a few weeks ago. Now we discovered that the previous government (those fuckers from the opposition party) just before they left they allowed the increase of some companies' managers' wadges by 150% to 166%. A manager that was getting 6,000€ a month is now getting +16,000€. With retroactive until last July... Lol?

#1511 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2016 - 01:48 PM

Healthcare. Literally every aspect of it.

#1512 Rocket

Rocket

• 7129 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 February 2016 - 03:53 PM

Sometimes someone at work will royally fuck up, and then my boss will go on a micro-managing spree and it's really annoying (usually it'll last a few days, a week max). And when she's too busy to micro-manage every little thing we'll do she'll have another person who practically lives in her ass, start checking all of our stuff. I've been here for almost 2.5 years, I know what I'm doing. Rarely do I ever mess anything up, and then today I get 2 emails in a row asking why I did something just fucking irritated me to no end. 

#1513 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:43 AM

My mother.

Attached Files

#1514 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:50 AM

My mother.

Fun fact, my mom has zika! Well, not so fun, it doesn't look really good. At least she's not pregnant.

#1515 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:07 AM

Fun fact, my mom has zika! Well, not so fun, it doesn't look really good. At least she's not pregnant.

I'm sorry to hear that. What kind of treatment is involved with it?

#1516 Swar

Swar
  • retired cheater

• 9280 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:10 AM

I'm sorry to hear that. What kind of treatment is involved with it?

It's actually not that bad. It's pretty much just resting and hydration. She said it feels like a cold.

#1517 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:16 AM

I know less about Zika than the general population, which is sad seeing as how I am in Med school. But it is kinda a new "trendy" bug, nothing that will be on exams for another couple years, and I don't have time for news much these days. =(

#1518 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:26 AM

I know less about Zika than the general population, which is sad seeing as how I am in Med school. But it is kinda a new "trendy" bug, nothing that will be on exams for another couple years, and I don't have time for news much these days. =(

Zika is not the bug, is the illness :p

#1519 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:28 AM

Zika is not the bug, is the illness :p

The word bug is sometimes used as a synonym for the word illness. I've had my mom say when I'm sick that I've caught a bug, even though there isn't an animal flying around me.  I assume @Kaddict used the word bug in the same way here. 

#1520 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

The word bug is sometimes used as a synonym for the word illness. I've had my mom say when I'm sick that I've caught a bug, even though there isn't an animal flying around me.  I assume @Kaddict used the word bug in the same way here. 

Yes, I thought about that :)

#1521 Kaddict

Kaddict
  • 1767 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 12:50 PM

Exactly this. Sorry, I forget that I should refrain from English colloquialisms, it surprises me (and is awesome) how diverse this group is!

#1522 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

My mother.

That explains sooooooo much.

#1523 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 February 2016 - 01:12 PM

That explains sooooooo much.

I've been telling y'all for years that I come by my personality naturally.

#1524 Katya

Katya
  • cougar slut

• 6850 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:27 PM

The non existing Neocodex e-mail notifications...
If I'm unable to get them, even when they're activated, what's the point of having that feature?
I'm away for a few days thinking everything is calm and when I get back here I see that I was tagged, topics in sub-forums I follow were made, etc., which makes me fucking angry because I never got them. After so many years, why are you disappointing me, Codex? WHY

/eat two more slices of pizza trying to forget how miserable life is

#1525 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2016 - 12:40 PM

The non existing Neocodex e-mail notifications...
If I'm unable to get them, even when they're activated, what's the point of having that feature?
I'm away for a few days thinking everything is calm and when I get back here I see that I was tagged, topics in sub-forums I follow were made, etc., which makes me fucking angry because I never got them. After so many years, why are you disappointing me, Codex? WHY

/eat two more slices of pizza trying to forget how miserable life is

Works fine for me. Every day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users